PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea!

Devil
11-28-2002, 07:53 PM
I've been thinking! Someone needs to come up with a warp like back or chest pack...something that feeds balls like a reverse vaccuum into something else that pushes them faster into the gun...

...my idea is like a flat revy on top of gun with two ports, one going into the gun, and one coming out of the flat revy and into a tube that is positioned over the shoulder and into the top of a bag that wroks like a reverse vaccuum...

....I'm not very knowledegableabout stuff like this, and everyone is saying that I'm stupid and it would never work, but I think it could with a proper setup!

The thing is, that the balls coming through the hose would have to be constant, but slow enough that it wouldn't break the balls, then once they were in a flat revy big enough to hold a fan to speed the balls up as they went into the gun, then I think it would work...

...also another arguement is that when switching sides to shoot, that the hose would be in the way...but I think this issue could also be dealt with...

...if I had the tools, I would try it, but I can't right now...so, does anyone agree or know how to experiment with it or even just know where I could start to get something to try out and play with the consept??

Like I said, it's just an idea!

HoppysMag
11-28-2002, 07:57 PM
some one already invented a back pack that porced paintballs down a hose into the gun through compressed air... il see if i can find the stuff about it... it never made production though

Will Wood
11-28-2002, 07:57 PM
EDIT ^ ^ ^ Bah..he beat me to it..:)

Hm..how about...It's already been done? :)

I'll try to find the article. It's on warpig someplace.

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 08:00 PM
.. cool, get the link to that thing.. cause I'm the one that finds it hard to see it... 8-)

Devil
11-28-2002, 08:01 PM
ohhh...ok...thanks though...I'd like to see what went wrong with it and why it's no good!

Thanks!

Blazestorm
11-28-2002, 08:04 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/zapam98/newprod/1airfeed.jpg

The ProMag 600 feed system from Xtreme Paintball has been a few years in the making. Sgt. Splatter fans will be tempted to call it the Auto-Lotto-Balls. Using a proprietary ball sensor system, the ProMag feeder detects the absence of a paintball at the feed port of the paintgun, then unleashes a burst of compressed air (from the self-contained compressed air system) to carry a steady supply of paintballs from the backpack, down the hose, to the paintgun. In a demonstration at the Zap Am Open shooting range, several hundred paintballs were fired through the system even with the paintgun held upside down. There is no scheduled release date or pricing, as Xtreme Paintball is negotiating with various manufacturers at this time.

:D :p

Back players dream... no more pods!

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 08:11 PM
that thing must sux.. cause I haven't heard alot about it...

big and heavy .... I guess... ..

Will Wood
11-28-2002, 08:15 PM
It's from '97 If I remember correctly. It looks like that proto worked, but they couldn't find anyone to buy their idea.

Devil
11-28-2002, 08:25 PM
...aawwww...to bad I wasn't big into pb then, I would've worked with it...
Thanks!

I still want one!

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 08:25 PM
well, like I said.. it seems to me, like a backpack full of paint, and an air tank would weight alot, and isn't something that would be more hassle the good...

I'll stay with the Dye Attack packs... they work good for me....

Devil
11-28-2002, 08:35 PM
silly moose...the pack would weight about the same as a regular pack...just no refilling during games...I mean, look at masta wang...he has a whole case on his back during one game...it'd be about the same thing...

...I would also like to put a remote on my gun and get a pack to put my tank in it...for me, it's all about less weight in the hands, and I'm decently strong, so it wouldn't kill my back!

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 08:46 PM
*cough* .. strong?

hehehe.. *giggles*

HoppysMag
11-28-2002, 08:49 PM
dont make me seperate you two! lol:D ;)

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:00 PM
I said "decently strong"...

I can kick your rear...that's for sure...remember...Tom told everyone about the incident in SC where you "hurt your shoulder in bed"...remember!!!

hehe:D

WicKeD_WaYz
11-28-2002, 09:01 PM
i always had a thought of what a game would be like with basically unlimited paint and air, and fully automatic guns for every1...

That would be a cool idea just to have like a 3 on 3 game once. have like the biggest tank you can find and have the backpack idea with as much paint as u can carry. o and of course...guns on full auto

just kinda a dream

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 09:03 PM
the stronger one are ye?

if you remember ... it was the bed that hurt me... or was it ... *cough*

don't make me take you to the bathroom and show you who is the stronger one here....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:04 PM
^^^ someone knows where I'm coming from!!^^^

One day I will make it a reality! At least being able to play in a full game, with no having to refill the revy, or having to worry about my tank...(mine fell off a few times and I still beat the other suckers!! hehe...there's skill for ya...stupid tank!!)

For now a dream known by many! One day, I reality for all!

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:07 PM
puuhhh please moose-ie...

...bring it on ANYTIME...ANYWHERE...and I'll take care of you!

You can't deny it...sitting in the next room scared aren't you...how about you come in here and take care of business, then we'll all see what's what!

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 09:08 PM
ahh.. your just too much of a panzy to refill... what .. not strong enough to hold your gun with onehand and refill?

HoppysMag
11-28-2002, 09:11 PM
Hey break it up you two, i swear to god i will turn this thread around right now, and go home!!!!:D ;)

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:11 PM
...no...

I just don't want to get caught like you with no paint in your revy and get bunkered by TK!

so THERE!

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 09:21 PM
.. if I had that huge backpack thing on, I wouldn't be able to turn around...

and Remeber DEAR I was sick!! so I was SLOOOOOOOOOW ...

a normal day, that would never had happened!

... sorry you got cought playing in the flower garden again...

BITE ME

:rolleyes:

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
.. if I had that huge backpack thing on, I wouldn't be able to turn around...

don't be a wussie moose!

and Remeber DEAR I was sick!! so I was SLOOOOOOOOOW ...

a normal day, that would never had happened!

yea...keep talking...blah blah blah blah blah

... sorry you got cought playing in the flower garden again...

BITE ME

I will...maybe if you'd get your weak, slow moose self in here, I'll take care of you...you're not really scared are you MOOSE-IE!!

and what do you mean...flower garden...and if it's somthing bad...do not post it...tell me later!!

(remember...(hug)...I love ya!

Riotz
11-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Well let's see. As for the backpack filled with paint and a tube feeding it. It wouldn't be any more heavier then a pack of pods. (well maybe a tad), I wouldn't wear one, but I don't think it would be heavier.

I don't think you should use a remote for your air system. It's fine and stuff at first, but once you get into tournament play it gets in the way.

Hey, I was really sick at AOD SC. I lost my voice and well, let's just say it didn't look too good when I blew my nose. It didn't effect my playing that much though. (or my partying) :) ;)

RamboPreacher
11-28-2002, 09:36 PM
I need one, to feed my Grinder.

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 09:40 PM
*Devil... you are one big trash talker.. you can never back any of it up, if I come in there, your just going to shy away, and hide under the desk... begging me not to be to hard ;) .. oh wait... hehehehe*

as far as remote... I hate them, they get in the way...
maybe for woods play.. *I wouldn't know, I don't play woods*

Devil
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
I need one, to feed my Grinder.

poo on you:D

Ov3rmind
I have a feeling it would just be annoying as crap to carry that around all day. I would think the hose would get in the way sometimes and you're break paint in that like a mother.

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
Well let's see. As for the backpack filled with paint and a tube feeding it. It wouldn't be any more heavier then a pack of pods. (well maybe a tad), I wouldn't wear one, but I don't think it would be heavier.

I don't think you should use a remote for your air system. It's fine and stuff at first, but once you get into tournament play it gets in the way.

Hey, I was really sick at AOD SC. I lost my voice and well, let's just say it didn't look too good when I blew my nose. It didn't effect my playing that much though. (or my partying) :) ;)

Why is remote bad during tourny??

I really do appreciate you letting me borrow your gun...even if you were sick...eewww germs...kidding...I hope you cleaned your trigger before I played with your gun...kidding...

also, common man, I got a visual with the blowing nose thing...eeewwww!!!!!1

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:47 PM
as far as moose-ie goes...you just wait until I get through typing, then we'll se...since you're too scared to come in here...I'll come to you...and...it's not "trash talking" if I can back it up by whooping you!

Ov3rmind:
the breaking balls would be an abstacle to clear...but it could be done if it was a light air flow...just enough to get it to the rev to speed it up...

and about turning this thread around and going home...
I only have one thing to say...

ARE WE THERE YET??

:p

Devil
11-28-2002, 09:50 PM
ok...well...I went in there...first thing he said...

...baby...nooo....ahhh...

he screamed like a little girl...

then he said he was gonna hide under the table...

so enough said!

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 09:51 PM
she has offically LOST her MIND!

I'm running away now...

hehehehe

Jonno06
11-28-2002, 09:59 PM
lol..

this is oficially one of the funniest threads I ever read because of the dialog between moose and devil..

you guys act like ur married!:p

anyways....good idea...but itll never happen..

what happens if I shoot your lil backpack thing?

all your paint is busted...

what then?

Devil
11-28-2002, 10:07 PM
run you scared moose!

but this pack would be like a pod pack...and incased in pod-like shield...it WOULD work...someone help me get one to mess around with...it'll be the hottest thing since bread and butta!

RUN MOOSE!! (you know, you're still to scared to come in here!)

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 10:07 PM
well on the backpack..

what happens when you bust a ball in the tube? and if your doing a lot of turning and bending of the tube.. you'ld have a high chance of break paint..

there is a reason this thing was 97' and we STILL don't see them out for sale...

and DEVIL http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58387

you are so crazy.. don't make me take my belt off!:mad:

Devil
11-28-2002, 10:31 PM
take it off...I'm too se## for my belt...too $%^^ for my...

kidding...please keep it on...I'm getting off and coming to kick your tush

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 10:40 PM
keep it up...

we'll see who comes out on top tonight!!! :D :eek:

Muzikman
11-28-2002, 10:41 PM
I'll shed a little light on that mystery backpack loader. I actually got to play around with it at the IAO, I think it was 98. It was a cool idea, but 1. Heavy, and 2. it did not hold many balls and was impossible to reload on the field. The way it worked was the pack had a tube that was wound back and forth in side it that the balls went in. If memory serves me correct, they hade two versions, a 600 ball version and an 800 ball version.

Now, on to more realistic idea (and it has been done). Take a backpack and put a warp on the bottom. Fill the bag full of paint and run the warp hose to the gun. A one armed player made one of these and Tom got a hold of it at the 2001 IAO and was showing it to people. I have heard people talk about taking that idea and running two warps, one on the pack and one on the gun for more consistant feed. I have also heard people talk about making it chest mounted so you would not need such a long hose. Personaly I think that would get in the way.

Devil
11-28-2002, 10:49 PM
...someone...help...me...get ahold of it...and I wanna play with it and see what I can do!

Who will find a place for me to find so I can play with it??

Riotz
11-28-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Devil
Why is remote bad during tourny??

I really do appreciate you letting me borrow your gun...even if you were sick...eewww germs...kidding...I hope you cleaned your trigger before I played with your gun...kidding...

also, common man, I got a visual with the blowing nose thing...eeewwww!!!!!1 You can't move around as easliy and you can't switch hands if you need to.

Yea, no problem. The warp is the best invention I've used.

Originally posted by Devil
also, common man, I got a visual with the blowing nose thing...eeewwww!!!!!1 Pretty cool eh? :p

Devil
11-28-2002, 10:57 PM
wrinkles nose with disgust!

FESTUS33
11-30-2002, 07:19 PM
One of our player's from S.O.B's was
involved in the development of this
thing. The biggest problem with it
was that any managable pack size that
you could carry for any period of time,
only had about 500 round capacity.
Hardly worth the effort to carry less
paint than I can already carry in a 4+3
pack

Nomad
11-30-2002, 09:39 PM
I just had the most insane thought ever.

Warp Backpack + Multibarrel PB gun (Something like Tippmann Hellhound Cannon) = Full case of paint shot within seconds. Plus great woe on the recieving end.

And the worst part.... I just had an idea on how to make a Minigun Pb style. One that would acutally work... (Well at least as a turrent)

::Scurries off to his room and begins scibbling notes onto a a random piece of paper::

Jonno06
12-01-2002, 01:38 AM
bad...

RamboPreacher
12-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Nomad
I just had the most insane thought ever.

Warp Backpack + Multibarrel PB gun (Something like Tippmann Hellhound Cannon) = Full case of paint shot within seconds. Plus great woe on the recieving end.

And the worst part.... I just had an idea on how to make a Minigun Pb style. One that would acutally work... (Well at least as a turrent)

::Scurries off to his room and begins scibbling notes onto a a random piece of paper:: old news... :)
has anyone actually used the Tippy multibarrel? It says 50 bps. I did a short calculation on my Grinder (http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/CustomMeansCustom.htm)and it should be able to do at least 54 bps, and with less hardware.

When I used the prototype (http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/CW-review.htm) I was able to get about 6 "cranks per second". The prototype shot each barrel 2 times for each full revolution of the crank, mine should do 3 shots per barrel, per turn.

So the prototype:
6(turns per second)*3(barrels)*2(shots per turn) = 36 bps
and the final version:
6(turns per second)*3(barrels)*3(shots per turn) = 54 bps

and I was "taking it easy" on the prototype crank, since it wasn't built up fully. I plan on using 3 vl3000's, but if I can get a backpack with three warps - that would be perfect.

Except that I learned on this forum, in another thread that the warp can't puch balls through that much hose, there simpley isn't enough friction, even if the discs were modified.

Creative Mayhem
12-01-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Jonno06
lol..

this is oficially one of the funniest threads I ever read because of the dialog between moose and devil..

you guys act like ur married!:p

I agree Jonno, this is pretty funny:) Pro team had a similar steup in one of thier adds a while ago, it definatly looked cool. I think the pack wouldn't weigh that much more than a rgeular pack with a case of paint*cough jon*, but the extra air sys for the pack would add weight.

If you want to know what the "Three types of sex" are, PM me. Cannot be said here. :D:D

C Mayhem