PDA

View Full Version : adding ACE eye to EMAG ..?

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 08:54 PM
i asked in tech thread, but at the bottom of a dead thread...

is there any way to add the ACE anti-chop eye to an EMAG?
I have a LX EMAG.. and am waiting for the X-bodies to be on sale.... so, I was wondering, if I could put the eye on my emag?

if so... any idea about cost? would I need a new board..?

petefol
11-28-2002, 09:01 PM
i'm pretty sure you cant because of the way the twist lock barrels work.

oldsoldier
11-28-2002, 09:22 PM
Yeah, it the whole body design. The x-mag, the ball falls into the breach. the emag, it falls into the barrel. Hope that helps!

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 09:25 PM
ok, so what about when I upgrade the body to Xmag?

will I be able to add it then, or would it be cheaper and easier to sell the emag and buy an Xmag?

oldsoldier
11-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Well, it depends on two things; one, the price of the x-mag body, and two, the availability of the new software. The current x-mag software is 2.1. That is for the ACE. So, it may be wiser to just purchase an x-mag. And, you'll have to get cocker threaded barrels for it too (the x-body). Never mind that anyway...get pics of your girls gun up!!!!:D

boomerfoxtrot
11-28-2002, 10:00 PM
pix are here TOMORROW =]

toymyster
11-29-2002, 02:42 AM
I may be way off base here, but if you have LX, why would you want to bother with ACE??? LX is much more reliable an cosistent anti-chop system than an electronic eye!! That's why everyone is going googoo gaagaa over LX (present company included)!! Hope this helps (probably not)!!

Kevmag
11-29-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by toymyster
I may be way off base here, but if you have LX, why would you want to bother with ACE??? LX is much more reliable an cosistent anti-chop system than an electronic eye!! That's why everyone is going googoo gaagaa over LX (present company included)!! Hope this helps (probably not)!!

Seems like several owners w/ ACE turn it off (or down). Doesn't sound like your offbase at all...

cphilip
11-29-2002, 09:15 AM
You cannot do it with a body exchange alone. The ACE board is sitting in a slot milled into the Grip frame. That slot does not exist in a normal Emag Grip frame. You would have to either have that Grip milled to accomadate the ACE board or buy another Grip frame and remount all the stuff into it. It can be done but by that time all you have left to use out of your emag is the HES, Board, Selenoid and Sear. And then you would need to update the software version to accomadate the setting of the delay of the ACE. This ACE takes it position where the Burst Mode jumper was. And the current version 1.37 does show the selections for those when the jumper is in place not the delay choices for ACE. So by the time you do all this you almost coulda bought a X mag with ACE. Plus you would be using the regular SS valve and not gotten the Aluminum one. However that is not so much of a issue other than weight. But yes you can do it. Its just a matter of how much time and money you want to put into it. You need the ACE board, a new body, a new Grip Frame and a software update. Plus cocker barrels.

boomerfoxtrot
11-29-2002, 10:31 AM
guee... sounds like I'm better off buying an Xmag...

think by Spring they will be easier to get ahold of?

cphilip
11-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Yes I have concluded the same thing. But only if you realy have your heart set on ACE. Remember you can do a body swap only. You wont end up with an X or even with ACE but still be pretty cool!

I think by mid summer its gonna be pretty good. Thats my gut feeling on it.

RamboPreacher
11-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Okay, this may be a dumb question, but..
Did I miss something, or is there a real reason to have a LX and ACE?

freek133
11-29-2002, 12:01 PM
yes, that reason would be 99.9% no chopping... you would have to be a god to get this puppy to chop.

omni
11-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Don't you have to be a 'god' to chop paint now with the LX. Has anyone broke paint with there LX?

oldsoldier
11-29-2002, 01:16 PM
Call me God rhen. Actually, I had really bad paint, and it was too big for my barrel (didnt change inserts), and it bounced off the ball like 10 times...fianlly broke, got all up in my halo...was a big mess. But, thats the only time I ever chopped anything in this.

Kevmaster
11-29-2002, 04:43 PM
the ACE would take the probability from 1/1,000 of chopping to 1/1,000,000

:D :D