PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my mag!! need help please

DJBacon06
11-28-2002, 11:14 PM
well, i just got my lvl 10 installed and i am havin a problem.....my gun won't de-presureize! i don't know why:confused: to get rid of the air before lvl 10, i just pulled the trigegr a few times after turning off the air...now when i turn off the air, the gun fires once and thats it. it acts as if there is still air flowing into the gun. could somebody please tell me what is wrong?? any help is greatly appreciated:)

Tunaman
11-29-2002, 08:36 AM
You need to install some type of de-gassing method like a slide check or proconnect. This should solve your problem:D

athomas
11-29-2002, 10:33 AM
When you pull the trigger on the level 10 valve and there isn't enough pressure to push the bolt, nothing happens. This happens when there is still pressure in the air line after you turn the air supply off. It can't go anywhere. The air line and valve chamber become equalized at a pressure lower than the gun will fire at.

The only way to remove the pressure is to degass the air line by putting a proconnect or slide disconnect in the line. If you have a screw in bottle, you can back the bottle out of the ASA until it vents the excess air out of the line.

Air will still be present in the valve chamber though, so be carefull. When you take out the valve, hold the trigger to push the on/off pin up into the valve and gently release the valve out the back of the gun. The bolt will slide forward as you remove the valve and the air will vent out the front.

DJBacon06
11-29-2002, 12:06 PM
thanks you guys:D i will try that.

DJBacon06
11-29-2002, 12:16 PM
allright, one more quick question about the slide disconnect. how would i go about hooking that up to my macroline??

mykroft
11-29-2002, 12:20 PM
It would go either between the valve & the macro fitting, or the bottomline/airsystem & the macro fitting.

You really shouldn't be using Macro on a Mag though, it's only rated for 500psi. SS Braid is much safer.

DJBacon06
11-29-2002, 12:41 PM
allrighty thanks

athomas
11-29-2002, 04:15 PM
You can get macroline that is rated at least up to 5000 psi maybe more. The higher rated macroline is very expensive. Most that is sold is only rated at 1000psi. Any macroline that is on your gun should be rated at the presure of your tank. That way if your tank reg fails, the macroline won't blow apart in your face.

Kevmaster
11-29-2002, 06:30 PM
macro is not rated to 5000 working. show me one company who makes 5000psi working pressure Macroline.

in fact, show me one company that makes 1000psi working pressure

ive never seen it rated above 800psi, most around 4-600psi...a definite no-no for PB use

Tunaman
11-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Well...the best Macro I know of is Parker Parflex. It has a wall thickness of .062. It is rated for 500 psi working pressure and a burst pressure of 2000 psi. Most, if not all tanks, even the cheap ones, have 2 burst discs. On a 4500 psi tank, the high pressure disc is rated to 7500 psi and the low pressure(output) is rated to 1800. Your burst disc will fail 99% of the time before the Macro does. There is always that 1% chance that the line will fail. I have had EXTREMELY good luck with the Parker line, as have MANY others.