PDA

View Full Version : Board replacement?

rdb123
11-29-2002, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, the board in my SFL Emag fried somehow....

I turned it on, it said low battery, so I charge it up. An hour later, I come back and plug the battery in; there was a burning smell and smoke started to come out of it.

So I obviously burned my board.

The question is, does AGD cover this? If not, what is the cost for a replacement board?

Thanks for your help guys.

Kevmaster
11-29-2002, 04:50 PM
id callAGD on monday, but the cost is $200 for a new board. i bet AGD will do something for you...

rdb123
11-29-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
id callAGD on monday, but the cost is $200 for a new board. i bet AGD will do something for you...

Thanks. Would you happen to know if I have to send in my gun or not for that?

I've got a tournament tomorrow, so I'm thanking Tom and AGD that they put in manual mode just in case the electros break. Nice job! :)

Also, anyone know why the board decided to fry just from plugging the battery in?

Thanks again

Brian68mag
11-29-2002, 05:50 PM
Things like that can happen really easily, it only takes one weak transistor or chip that wasnt made perfectly and the sudden shock of voltage can make it go. I had the same probllem on my Zip drive, a external modem, scanner, and my freind angel board did it.
Im sure AGD will hook you up.

Kevmaster
11-29-2002, 06:20 PM
i would imagine they will at least want your board before sending you a new one, but youd have to speak with them

Kevmaster
11-29-2002, 06:22 PM
oh, they might want the whole gun just if by some chance it was something else that went wrong, and if you put a new board in, that one would fry too....

just my .02

rdb123
11-29-2002, 06:34 PM
Alright cool; looks like I'll call AGD on Monday because I'm not sure if they are open now.

Thanks for your help guys.