PDA

View Full Version : What is up with this?

shartley
11-30-2002, 07:30 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I think the final post in that thread is uncalled for....... not the action of locking the thread, but how it was done, and what was said.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10

This Moderator is HARDLY a victim in all this mess.

zbody
11-30-2002, 08:22 AM
I thought it was appropriate considering he has been personally attacked recently. I for one was laughing my tail off. I thought that he handled it very well. Had there been a couple of smiley faces in it it might have been a post by you. (not meant to be offensive) No harm done. :)

shartley
11-30-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by zbody
I thought it was appropriate considering he has been personally attacked recently. I for one was laughing my tail off. I thought that he handled it very well. Had there been a couple of smiley faces in it it might have been a post by you. (not meant to be offensive) No harm done. :)
LOL Sorry, but if you read what was actually written (in what you may consider was a personal attack), he ran out with a target on…. if someone takes a shot, you can’t blame them for it. ;) That is like running out in the middle of a rifle range while target practice is being conducted, and then acting like people were out to kill you when you get hit. Wonder why there was no other Moderator “personally attacked” in that thread? ;) Think about it……

So, again, to act like the victim is a bit “rich”. And as folks like to so often point out…. I am not a Moderator… ;) Although I am often held to much higher standards than some of them are. :D

manike
11-30-2002, 09:09 AM
I agree with Zbody, I thought it was well written and funny :D

But I'm guessing there is some insider issues that may mean that's not the case for others.

ho hum.

manike

zbody
11-30-2002, 09:09 AM
I'm just curious how you would have handled it differently. You have to admit what I consider a "personal attack" could have been handled with a little more self control and maturity.

shartley
11-30-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by zbody
I'm just curious how you would have handled it differently. You have to admit what I consider a "personal attack" could have been handled with a little more self control and maturity.
Well, for one.. I would have tried to not jump into a crap mill in the first place. ;) When you go running into a fight, you can not play the victim when you get hit.

Originally posted by manike
But I'm guessing there is some insider issues that may mean that's not the case for others.
You are guessing correctly. :D

ChucktheMAGician
11-30-2002, 09:36 AM
I'm lost as usual. It looks like it starts in the middle of something? Off the topic but I was wondering, Don't they erase old threads after a while anyway? Like a sorta clean up process, erasing worthless info to make room for new stuff?

shartley
11-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
I'm lost as usual. It looks like it starts in the middle of something? Off the topic but I was wondering, Don't they erase old threads after a while anyway? Like a sorta clean up process, erasing worthless info to make room for new stuff?
I don't know... I do know that a lot of old posts seemed to be lost from when the servers beltched a couple of times though.

I don't know if removing old threads would affect the stats in any way, but I agree it would be a good thing to do from time to time. Maybe if it does affect the stats, the number of posts before deletion could be written down and then reset to that number when the deletions have been made? That would allow for a true "overall" post count for site stats I would think?

Admin?

Kevmaster
11-30-2002, 11:10 AM
im always up for a little satirical/offbeat humor....in fact, i live for it!

benzy2
11-30-2002, 11:21 AM
well i missed the part where he was yelled at so from what i saw it was a bit dramatic. But i did miss the other thread that he was yelled at in so i dont really know if he handled it the best he could or not.

yeahthatsme
11-30-2002, 12:42 PM
i hate to do it but i agree with shartley on this one.

IAMJaws
11-30-2002, 01:17 PM
I don't even get where the Crap gets stirred up in that thread...Unless it's really, really inside info.

on the subject of the final post, Army comes off with all the tact of a disgrunteled school teacher. Dude, if you got a problem moderating this board, then leave (I'm sure shartley can take your place ; )). Otherwise please stop complaining.

yeahthatsme
11-30-2002, 01:41 PM
its a carry on from another incident( per-say)

RRfireblade
11-30-2002, 02:42 PM
What the heck is going on here! Why does this thread even exist??

Me
11-30-2002, 03:10 PM
is there a story behind this, cuz i have no idea whats going on......

Army
11-30-2002, 03:30 PM
Since only a few people can see the humor/irony/lightheartedness of my reply to that 2 year old thread, I shall include these smilies:

:):):):):):):D

For those who actually saw the posts in the welcome to Bea thread, before they were deleted, then you know why I was being sarcastic.

shartley
11-30-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Army
Since only a few people can see the humor/irony/lightheartedness of my reply to that 2 year old thread, I shall include these smilies:

:):):):):):):D

For those who actually saw the posts in the welcome to Bea thread, before they were deleted, then you know why I was being sarcastic.
LOL I "count" on those who saw them. ;) But shouldn't this end for general posting?

I think we both got our sides in, and it was not for the sake of "keeping" it going, since I did not keep it going, or even start it back up again (aside from this thread which is actually more light hearted and not dealing with the Bea Thread directly anyway).