PDA

View Full Version : 2 more articles on paintball in Kalamazoo Gazette :)

spyderkiller
08-27-2001, 06:19 PM
In today's paper, there were two more articles on paintball. One titled 'Safer than Golf' Paintball players take aim at the notion their sport is dangerous. It is a great article. I actually played with the person who wrote the article while they were coming up with it...and i didnt even know it!! Anyways, Elizabeth Clark from the kalamazoo gazette showed up for a big game at Excalibur paintball in Battle Creek on August 5th. Since she works with a guy that works at the field she was hooked up with a mask, jersey, and a powerfeed automag upon arriving at the field. In one of the articles she talks about the misinterpretations people have about paintball and also the progressions paintball has gone through. In the other article she talks about her experiences at Excalibur. Unfortunately, while she was there the automag she was using malfunctioned and someone lent her an angel. She wrote that she didn't have too memorable of an experience playing in the woods where she was pelted numerous times by bouncers but she rather enjoyed playing hyperball. So to recap, there have been 3 articles on paintball in the Kalamazoo Gazette in the last week alone. This is great publicity for the sport of paintball as I see it.

Chef123161
08-27-2001, 06:25 PM
Speaking of newspaper articles, I just stumbled on this 5 month old article that was run in my local newspaper.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/Main.asp?ArticleID=28577&SectionID=11&SubSectionID=517