PDA

View Full Version : Freak for a Mag

Wierd-Guy
11-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Sience the ball is droped in the barrel, will a freak kit have to have holes in its inserts? How does the Mag Freak Differ from an normal freak, on say, a M98?

yeahthatsme
11-30-2002, 03:59 PM
i beleive that with the mag freak backs the twist-lock begins at the end of the insert so the insert is pushed past the hole and stuff.

Emagster
11-30-2002, 04:07 PM
the insersts are the same as any other freak insert for a mag. the inserts stop right before the hole in the barrel

Trench
11-30-2002, 04:12 PM
All these guys are lieing... Actually the inserts have a hole in them and you have to be sure you get it perfect with the hole in the barrel so that the balls dont hang
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

(None of the above is true)

ChucktheMAGician
11-30-2002, 04:13 PM
The inserts are the same, they slide in real close to where the ball comes in. I think the ball is not actually fired until the bolt pushes it forward a little, that would put it in the sleeve when it's actually fired.
-edit- I type slow!

Wierd-Guy
11-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Does any one have a freak on thier mag?

If the hole in the insert thing is true, would it prevent me from using the same kit on another, non-mag gun? And if this is again true, what happens to the nubbins?

Dayspring
11-30-2002, 05:00 PM
The inserts are the same as on every other gun. He was yankin' your chain.

It's just the back that changes to the 1/4 turn barrel like other mag barrels. As for nubbins, you'll be all good. The include a spot for one.

Wierd-Guy
11-30-2002, 05:17 PM
What's better, just thinking about the Mag, A Freak System or a few different bore barrels in a barrel bag?

ChucktheMAGician
11-30-2002, 06:42 PM
I would say the freak. Not only do you get the diff. bore sizes, but if you already have or plan on getting another gun all you have to do is buy a new back.

tonyF
11-30-2002, 06:57 PM
Highly recommend the freak. Use it on my 68 and my RT's. Only word of caution a minor fall using the 18" front snapped it clean off at the 'o' ring groove. Lesson learned don't fall over using an 18" front!

FutureMagOwner
11-30-2002, 07:30 PM
an easier lesson is to not buy an 18inch freak barrel :) specially since it definantly doesnt make a difference compared to a 12 inch or 10 inch besides its quieter longer easier to break paint and aparently easier to break in half

CpSuPeRkId
11-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
an easier lesson is to not buy an 18inch freak barrel :) specially since it definantly doesnt make a difference compared to a 12 inch or 10 inch besides its quieter longer easier to break paint and aparently easier to break in half haha so true.

tonyF
11-30-2002, 08:20 PM
All really a matter of choice. I play back. I have tried all the fronts and I prefer the 18". It seems to balance the marker (for me) better.

toymyster
12-01-2002, 12:11 AM
Like I said before, my $20 old school Crown Point shot better than my entire freak set!! If you want a barrel system with inserts, bells, whistles, whips and chains, go with the Equation set!! Personaly, I would not use The Freak system if Smart Parts paid me to!!

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-01-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
The inserts are the same as on every other gun. He was yankin' your chain.

It's just the back that changes to the 1/4 turn barrel like other mag barrels. As for nubbins, you'll be all good. The include a spot for one.

I think he was refering to the hole that the paintball has to go through. That would be a hole.

Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
an easier lesson is to not buy an 18inch freak barrel :) specially since it definantly doesnt make a difference compared to a 12 inch or 10 inch besides its quieter longer easier to break paint and aparently easier to break in half

I don't know about the breaking in half thing, but what an 18 inch barrel really does is make you a better at aiming. It's easier to site down a longer barrel giving you better accuracy. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but i used to be strictly 12 in and one day i had to borrow someone's 16in tip. I was doing some snapping drills and i was doing so much better than i usually did. I went and got the longer tip that week. I also really don't see to many more breaks with my 16 than my 12.

Dayspring
12-01-2002, 03:20 AM
I think he was asking if the Freak inserts for the Mag are cut like Mag barrels in that the ball falls into the barrel itself.

rikkter
12-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L

I think he was refering to the hole that the paintball has to go through. That would be a hole.

lol what the?

anywyas. the inserts are the same just as all the other people have said. why do you think they sell mag backs? you dont see them selling mag inserts.. :p

my teammate has a freak set with like every back/adapter there is for it. spyder/mag/m98 and some other ones.

Wierd-Guy
12-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks every one.