PDA

View Full Version : Boo-Yahh ELCD vs. Hyperframe for Automag

devingoode
11-30-2002, 05:39 PM
I'm wanting to get an electronic frame for my automag.
Boo-yahh or Hyperframe?
my setup
P/f classic
Level 10
10in Boomstick
12v w/ x-board
8in drop w/ on/off
ACI 68/3k
Kapp Foregrip

tonyF
11-30-2002, 08:28 PM
I have a boo-yaah on my 68 and it works great. Although a lot of people have trouble getting them to work. I brought mine from ebay as non working. Fitted it to my 68 and it worked (almost) first time. I gather the Hyperframe is a safer bet and easier to set up.

robspectre
12-01-2002, 12:16 AM
I dont know alot about the hyperframe but I do know about the Boo-Yaah. The Boo-Yaah (mako) frame is quit fast and has a great trigger. I must say there is NO WAY I would buy a boo-yaah. The problem is that you will eternally be buying new sears and bolts. I know personally. The frames are cool if you dont mind replacing parts about every 3 cases. I would suggest a RT valve. Now thats an idea. Couple that with intelliframe and your rocking. Thats what I would do. I shoot a micro emag and love it. I hate to be the guy who knocks cheaper mods but the boo yaah is not the way to go. AGD used to offer emag upgrades for 68's. In fact...you could get the emag upgrade cheaper if you didnt add the rt valve. Its more exspensive but you want be buying new sears and bolts. I have heard great news about the hyperframe, but I cant comment on the performance and sear/bolt wear. If its as good as I hear....I would buy the hyperframe. If you noticed...the hyperframe is twice as high as the boo-yaah. Maybe there is a reason. I would make sure the hyperframe was compatable with the level 10 first. Make sure you do your homework first before you buy.

Lone Brain Cell
12-01-2002, 01:06 AM
I have a Booyaah & it rocks. As for apparently changing sears & bolts every 3 cases.... B/S I have never had a problem like that!

tonyF
12-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Never had any problems with sear or bolt wear on mine either! Boo-yaah are great as long as you are comfortable having to do a bit of work to sort it out.

WicKeD_WaYz
12-02-2002, 12:57 PM
i would spend the extra cash and get a hyperframe if you can afford it. I had a boo yaah and soon got rid of it because i couldnt get it to work

ZyperioN
12-06-2002, 04:53 PM
Who joins me in voting for "They both suck, grab and Retro Valve and an Intelliframe for the same money!!!"?

hitech
12-06-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
Who joins me in voting for "They both suck, grab and Retro Valve and an Intelliframe for the same money!!!"?

I paid less that just the ReTro alone for my Hyperframe. :D

devingoode
12-06-2002, 06:41 PM
thanks for givin me some info on the boo yah, I talked to the guys down at the local shop and one guy there is really an expert on cockers and mags and he told me that it took him like 3 days to get a boo yah on a mag and get it to function properly and that he wont do it on mine, the hyperframe costs a ton so I think that I'm going w/ the AGD Intelli Frame.
Up

ZyperioN
12-06-2002, 07:57 PM
hitech- Damn you and your "connections"!!! :D

DeathscytheSK
12-07-2002, 03:30 AM
I am totally for the RT Valve, I have seen the videos on that badboy, amazed, and about the Hyperframe, some guy in a few threads above has had problems with his Hyperframe with a Lvl 10 mod, might want to take that into consideration http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41683

devingoode
12-07-2002, 10:41 AM
****, an RT Valve, I've got a level 10 in my mag, will it work in my mag if its got a lvl 10? and itsnt it like $230+????
up
thanks for your opinions

ZyperioN
12-07-2002, 08:15 PM
uh it's only $200 with the trade in of ur old classic valve. u may find complete ones for 230 without trade-in on some online stores.

intelliframe.......$115
RT Valve.......$200
Laughing your arse off as u unload at insane rates of fire without worrying about ur soleniod, battery, switch, and board failing.......priceless

And by the way a new Hyper-Frame will run u about $330 to $350

hostage
12-09-2002, 01:39 AM
Well, I am mostlikely the expert on Booyaahs on this forum, hate to say. Well the booyaah is a good gripframe, you just have to know how to use it. I invested time and money and I learned about it and I can get them working great on my mags. I actually am "refurbishing and upgrading" booyaahs. I am improving many issues that the booyaah normally had. You can see some of my topics on it. As far as the bolt ware issue, those are mostlikely made from other reasons. I have heard many more better things about the hyperframe, but now since I konw more than most about the booyaah I will stick with that. I have had 2 and I am getting another working. I get them working gooood.
-Doron

hitech
12-10-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
hitech- Damn you and your "connections"!!! :D

Hey man, I aint got no connections. Seriously, I bought it from someone selling it in the classifides on this forum. :D You can find them on here from time to time. You can also buy one new for $250.00.

ZyperioN
12-10-2002, 03:43 PM
I hate u :D

hitech
12-10-2002, 05:30 PM
Looks like there is another one for sale:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=550274&highlight=hyper%2A#post550274

street1356
12-11-2002, 09:50 PM
I would not get a boo yaah. i had one for my spyder and it judt fell apart after about 3 cases

devingoode
12-11-2002, 11:38 PM
hey- I have this problem w/ my gun, I was shooting it in my back yard, everything was fine and then my trigger de-pressurized, it just stopped working, I knew everything was gassed up by the way the macro line looked and the guage on my drop. Does anyone know whats going on?

devingoode
12-11-2002, 11:38 PM
up

hostage
12-12-2002, 12:19 AM
Blah blah blah....anyway I am able to shoot 15/second on semi, i redid a lot of my booyaah, I will be making another retro booyaah, then I will make a video to show the annoying guys who complain on what the booyaah can do :-)
-Doron