PDA

View Full Version : Is this your milling Manike?

Automaggin2
12-01-2002, 12:54 AM
http://www.automags.org/~Manike/aztec1.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~Manike/aztec2.jpg

did you get a new body to mill or did you just take your Xmag and strip it then mill it. Looks sweet, you do it yourself?

Potatoboy
12-01-2002, 12:55 AM
that was one of the original xtreme protos. I believe manike did do the programming on it, but that was just a prototype to show what could be done.

Army
12-01-2002, 01:48 AM
Oh, that's the body Manike is sending me...........

IAMJaws
12-01-2002, 02:44 AM
Very trick. bit of an X-men fan??(look at the battery case)

manike
12-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Yep, that's my work. It's the Aztec prototype.

But no-one on here liked it originally :rolleyes: so it never went to production... (but then not everyone liked the C&C either...) It's nicer in the flesh and feels very 'primevil' to hold. It's definitely different.

The battery case was just following the same design theme around the X-mag 'X' logo...

If you like it someone might be able to persuade AGDE to sell that body... if it isn't already being used by the factory team. :D

manike

Shirow
12-01-2002, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I don't like it too much from just seeing the photo either, but maybe it's different up close - it's just a bit too detailed for my tastes.

manike
12-01-2002, 08:54 AM
I don't know many people in real life that can look at a raw machined piece of almunium from just a photograph and appreciate what it will look like in real life when finished. Let alone on a forum like this.

The way the metal cuts makes it very hard to appreciate it, and you can 'see' or not 'see' features purely depending on the direction the tool went across the surface.

Parts look very different once polished and annodised. It was amazing with the C&C how many people didn't like it as a raw prototype but then loved it once polished and annodised. And also how many more people liked it once they saw it in real life rather than just in pictures.

Quite amazing really. And one reason I am not an advocate of showing prototype work too early on here anymore.

Also it sucks for you guys to see stuff so early in the prototype stages and expect to see it out the next month when in reality that just isn't how it works.

manike

freek133
12-01-2002, 09:36 AM
I love that!!!!!

It goes with the "X" mag thing perfectly, I bet that would be awesome to see once finished up, you know, its got a mysterious vibe to it, kinda like the aztecs maybe cursed it or something... sweeeeet!

Creative Mayhem
12-01-2002, 10:20 AM
Manike, that's great! I don't know who didn't like it, but they're off there rocker!!!! Great job and I can't wait to see the Manike Xmag your currently working on.

C Mayhem

Shirow
12-01-2002, 09:33 PM
I don't know many people in real life that can look at a raw machined piece of almunium from just a photograph and appreciate what it will look like in real life when finished. Let alone on a forum like this.

I'm sure you're right, and I'm sure it is nice milling, it's just really not to my tastes.. I like pretty minimal stuff, if anything at all :)

The Frymarker
12-02-2002, 07:39 AM
Manike, I appreaciate it as an art form. I think you did an awsome job

Hey can I make a mold of it;)

manike
12-02-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
Hey can I make a mold of it ;)

Absolutely! if you can get it from AGDE... I don't get to keep any of the prototype stuff :( :D

I have my C&C X-mag here and some standard parts to work from when visualising ideas etc.

manike

The Frymarker
12-02-2002, 08:11 AM
Oh I'd love that, at least I could say I have a replica of your unique artwork!!!

Hey Tom is this doable?

manike
12-02-2002, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure Tom is the one that would know. Since all of this stuff is over at AGDE not USA.

It may well be already out in use as one of the 'team' guns. That has happened with quite a few prototype one offs! :eek: :D (I wonder if those guys know what they have :) )

I would suggest enquiring to [email protected] and asking Jackie if she has it or knows anything about it. I'm pretty sure she will know what you mean by 'Aztec' gun with the 'X' battery...

That goes for anyone who seriously wants to see it as production also. Who knows if there are enough orders we could look at resurecting it and making a batch...

manike

The Frymarker
12-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey Manike,

I just sent an email and attached the pic of it. Hopefully I will here back soon either way.

Thanks for the info

Heather

Rooster
12-02-2002, 08:53 AM
To me it just seemed like detail over-kill. The battery pack is great, but i'd like it better without the lines on the body.

Shirow
12-02-2002, 09:30 AM
I'd like a big non-symmetrical X on the battery back, with the two lines of the X going around the sides as spaces to put your fingers in.

Automaggin2
12-02-2002, 09:48 AM
i love that X mag. I would do ANYTHING for that.