PDA

View Full Version : AutoMag Classic VS MiniMag

Stumbles
12-01-2002, 01:06 AM
Looking into getting a Mag. Want peoples insight on wether or not to purchase a AutoMag Classic or MiniMag.

Thanks

yeahthatsme
12-01-2002, 01:11 AM
their the same thing except a different boddy. its really how much you wanna spend and what looks best to you.

Xerces
12-01-2002, 09:02 AM
go with the tko mag from paintballgear.com

Creative Mayhem
12-01-2002, 10:15 AM
MINI!!!! For obvious reasons.....

:D :cool: :D

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=515770

C Mayhem

wimag
12-01-2002, 11:48 AM
same performance, different bodies. The minimag does come with a vertical ASA though. I always thought the black minimag bodies were hella good looking.

AngelOfDeath888
12-01-2002, 12:11 PM
also the star system , Right?..

personman
12-01-2002, 12:13 PM
I've always thought minis were kind of pointless..
A waste of wieght, and they dont look to good IMO..
And they scratch up freak jewls *cough*mossman*cough* ;)\
Minis have 4 service stars, and classics have 1.

EsPo
12-01-2002, 12:21 PM
the classic should have been called the mini, just because the mini is lots bigger than the classic. the only reason that i would ever gett a mini is because of the 4 stars, but i have a classic and i havnt ever sent it in for service. if you ever have a problem, just post here. i also would go with the tko

TheJester
12-01-2002, 01:37 PM
get a mini, i love mine, mini's just look cooler, as far as weight, they're like 5 oz's heavier, they come with a barrel, and a vertical adaptor, so you don't have to buy them seperatly, all depends really, after you get everything you need for the classic, you're gonna spend just as much as you would for a mini, which looks cooler, and has a better warrentee, 4 stars, not 1. so more or less, it depends if you want to just jump into upgrading, if you like to take you time on upgradeing(or on a budget) and can't get a barrel and stuff right off the bat, then go with the mini as well, but trust me, minmags are MUCH sexier :D, oh and in terms of size, i don't see it it does seem bigger, but this is copied directly from airgun's web site (http://www.airgun.com/prod12.shtml), under products....."Tight is right when it comes to getting into that front bunker and taking a pounding. The Minimag is our smallest marker yet."

Blazestorm
12-01-2002, 08:01 PM
www.paintballgateway.com

standard feeds 185
powerfeeds 200

:)

DeathscytheSK
12-02-2002, 12:37 AM
The TKO Powerfeed Automag Package at paintballgear.com is an awesome deal, I am gonna buy it after x-mas.

joeyjoe367
12-02-2002, 01:20 AM
Oh, come on, everyone knows the Mini-Mag shoots further, and has better accuracy!

It's FASTER too! ;)

*Edit* and if you'r interested in a mini-mag, buy mine (Check sig)

digitard
12-02-2002, 10:56 AM
classics and mini mags are the same valve/etc but just a different body on it. If you can get the classic a LOT cheaper (which you can in most cases) just replace the body w/ a nice polished Minimag body (you can get em in the AGD store or try the buy/sell forum). Most of the time you can do this for a lil less than just buying a mini ...and if you wanna use the vertical ASA that the mini has you can get the vertical for like 15 bucks at most places installed... or you can do what I (and a lot of others) did and just get a dropforward and go directly from the valve to the drop forward and screw your tank in there.

But my 2 cents is get the classic and replace the body if its more money economical, same performance ... but if they're pretty close in price, then go mini.

Sincerely,
Dave K