PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get velocity above 220

Severe
12-01-2002, 10:42 AM
Hey all. I did do a search and didn't find anything that looked similar enough to my problem to rely solely upon that. Besides, some of you 'Mag-brainiacs love dealing with issues.

I've just recently recieved a used Micromag with a 3 Star AIR vavle on it. Yesterday was the first time I could get it to a crono. While the marker functions perfectly, I can not get my velocity above 220. The valve does have a Knob velocity adjustment nut rather than the standard Regulator Nut. Unfortunately, it's turned all the way in.

I've thoroughly cleaned the whole valve and everything seems to be in good order.

Ideas?

Also, what if I put a small washer between the Spring Pack and the Velocity Adjustment knob to give it the ability to put more pressure on the spring pack. Would that be "BAD" per se?

Thanks for any input!

Steve

Kevmaster
12-01-2002, 12:11 PM
steve, id love to get with ya sometime to play. check out the NC AO Day thread in the main forum. were all going to play!!

anyways, i would try the stock nut. the wrenchless part may limit how far you can turn your thing in. at the same time, put new springs in there. yours may be too worn out. in hte mean time, yes a washer in there will work fine....reminds me of the days of dimes regulating the velo on my stingray...add one for a 20fps increase, take one out for a 20fps decrease....hehe

Severe
12-01-2002, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Kevmaster!

I saw your thread on the Mini AO in Greensboro. I'm going to mention it to the guys I play with. 3 mag users total. Only problem I can see, is this close to Christmas, all of us are trying to save $$$ for gifts.

Steve

Kevmaster
12-01-2002, 03:36 PM
yeh, i know. its tough, but if you can make it wed love to haev you

Nobody077
12-01-2002, 11:52 PM
I added a old reg-seat between my springpack and the velocity adjustment knob. This will add 4-5 more turns of adjustment and doesent block the "over-pressure" venting feature of the AIR valve.

IcantBelieveit
12-02-2002, 07:39 AM
i am confused. b/c AGD mad a tourney lock, that was a "nut" that went over the stock velocity adjuster? Is this what you are talking about when you say "nut" or are you talking about the thumb adjusters? Bc if you are talking about the tourney lock you have to take the "nut" off before you adjust your velocity

Severe
12-02-2002, 06:29 PM
Nobody077 - Yeah, that was my exact line of thinking. I just used several small washers to achieve the same result. I think this is just a matter of the Adjustment Knob not having enough depth to reach decent velocity.

IcantBelieveit - The Knob I have replaces the standard Regulator Nut. So it has the same function as the Tourney Lock, just it's an entire assemlby.

If I had the Regulator Nut that came with the valve I would have used that, but unfortunately I don't. If I can squeeze by with this work-around, I'll be good.

Thanks everyone.

Steve

IcantBelieveit
12-02-2002, 06:37 PM
go to www.airgun.com and buy you a new one..i think it is like $8