PDA

View Full Version : Classic RT w/ Lvl 10 has almost constant leak

Zombfyed
12-01-2002, 02:11 PM
I do not think this is attributed to the level 10 first off.

I got the level 10 in and functional before this problem arose but I am open to suggestion.

The problem is a large leak coming from the velocity adjustment hole in the back of the regulator. It can't be got rid of by turning down the velocity. I maintains the same constant hiss until you fire it (then it has to wait for the gun to stay pressurized a few secs before it starts hissing again) or remove the airsupply.

I did open the back reg and removed the Regulator piston assy. I oiled it up really good and the leak dissappeared for 3 mins.

The gun just had a o-ring overhaul last week. So every o-ring should be good.

The over all about the gun is that I have a lvl 10 w/ the 1.5 carrier and 2 shims. Also as I said all the o-rings have been replaced last week to fix another problem. I think I'm gonna put a little love and strip it all the way down and lube everything. That may work but I think that I have possible a bad Regulator Piston assy. I'm new to Mag's so you guys lemme know what you think on the subject.

Thanks,
Zomby

Skeetmaster
12-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Hi.
Sounds like its leaking past the piston. Piston o/ring, or piston faulty or the vent adjustment has gone wrong in the back of the piston. Or none of the above but does sound like that sort of thing!!
Gaz

Kevmaster
12-01-2002, 05:00 PM
my post here should answer your question:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=543982#post543982

Zombfyed
12-08-2002, 03:34 PM
I replaced the oring specified in that diagram when I replaced all others. For the heck of it I replaced it again. Still no dice on getting it to rock.

Hiss is still there. Lemme know what you guys think about it. I think that I am gonna call AGD tomorrow and get some tech support.

Hopefully that'll fix it. After all it is a very old gun, it's probably just time for a few new parts.

Zomby

Havoc_online
12-08-2002, 04:33 PM
what spring are you using?

If your using the long spring, goto the cut spring(back out your velocity a bit) and it should help. If your already using the cut spring, and you've replaced the piston o'ring, then it's a bad reg. piston.

(the piston goes out more often than the o'ring)

Zombfyed
12-09-2002, 11:04 AM
Well I was on the middle spring and I tried the small one but I still got problems. I have found that the middle o-ring on my banjo screw has been getting pushed to the side inside the shaft after a few shots. Which is conincidently when I start hearing the hissing. So I think that this might be it, however the his comes right out of the velocity adjustment.

So I don't know what's up

Zomby

chuey
12-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Def the reg piston. I changed my and the leaking out the back stopped completely and I can now chrono to 280 with about a +/- 10 on the velocity depending on how fast I squeeze the trigger.