PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy between micromags and minimags

nobel12
12-01-2002, 04:19 PM
I have noticed on the minimag that if you grab the barrel close to the body and then grab the body, the two parts have considerable flex or give with almost no effort.
I'm inclined to believe this is due to the way the barrel mounts to the body ( push in and quarter turn ).
Which leads to this big question;

With this amount of " play " in the barrel, during a string of two or more balls, it would make sense that it affects your accuracy due to barrel motion ( caused by the cycling of the gun )

Am I making sense here so far?

Now micromags are completely threaded so they don't have this " play " at the barrel/body connection point.
Also aren't emags threaded as well?! Is there a reason for this?

Im not trying to start rumors so please dont qoute me, but I would like some honest answers no B.S. please.
If AGD would like to email me rather than post an answer feel free at nobel12@gwi.net ,or anyone can email me direct with there responses

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP!!!!!

Bulldog
12-01-2002, 11:56 PM
Now micromags are completely threaded so they don't have this " play " at the barrel/body connection point

Yes the threads are pretty solid. Zero movement.

Emags aren't threaded. They use the same twist lock system as other mags. Unless we're talking about a micro-e, which is the same as a micro, autococker threads.

I've never noticed the "play" your refering to in any of my previous mags. Maybe someone else has, or maybe your gun is broke, from you trying to bend it into a U shape. :D :D Your twist lock system may be worn out. I can't recall the specific name for that piece tho. Is it an older gun?

:)

drx975
12-02-2002, 01:16 AM
Try new barrel o-rings, if they are really old o-rings on the barrel it will have some play to it. After a year i noticed my barrel would move slightly if I pushed hard on it, so I put new ones on and its fine. I have seen this before and its easily fixed with new o-rings.

Bulldog
12-02-2002, 02:05 AM
oh, there you go, been so long since I used a twist lock.