PDA

View Full Version : Um... Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Wierd-Guy
12-01-2002, 06:27 PM
I got a used 68 Classic and eventually want a Minimag. If I upgrade the bolt, trigger, and put a drop on it (the Classic) when I get my Powerfeed minimag, can I just throw the Level 10, Intelaframe, and drop on the new one?

Has any on ever done this?
Any problems you can see with the idea?
Any 1evel 10 Problems?
Would you suggest this or just use the Classic, but upgrade the bolt, and start all over again when I get the Minimag?

spazzed
12-01-2002, 06:35 PM
ok, you don't need to get a Minimag, per se. You can just make one!

All you'll need is the mini body & a Vert. ASA.

Everything else will work just fine. :D

Muzikman
12-01-2002, 06:36 PM
There will be no problems as the guns are identical. The only difference is the body, vert adapter, and the number of stars on the valve.

Wierd-Guy
12-01-2002, 06:39 PM
How many stars?

I really am set on the Mini because it has everything that I want that my classic is lacking. Plus I want to say that I got my gun new for some reason.:confused:

Muzikman
12-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Don't quote me on this, and you can look it up on airgun.com under the warranty policy, but I beleive the MiniMag has 4 Stars and the classic has 1 star. (none of my mags have stars as they are older than that policy:))

AcemanPB
12-01-2002, 07:34 PM
The minimag and clasic mag are identical. The only difference is the minimag's body (and this is a cosmetic difference not a performance difference) and the minimags come stock with one of these (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=154335&St=1697&St2=-75650381&St3=-46322576&DS_ID=7&Product_ID=215&DID=17) .

So really if you get a minimag body, then you have your self a minimag.

Oh and the valve has 4 stars which means it can be serviced by AGD for free 4 times.

Creative Mayhem
12-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Keep your classic and get the mini body. That's it nothing more simpler than that.

C Mayhem

AlabamaMan
12-02-2002, 12:16 AM
i also would have to say just get a minimag body you'll save yourself a ton of cash

digitard
12-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Just like they're saying, just pickup a mini body ... you can get them from the AGD store, or I'm sure in the buy/sell forums you can ask and someone probably has one they'll let go of relativily cheap. The vertical ASA/etc is like a 10 dollar part .... and if you get nitro and a dropforward you can bypass that completely if you want. The valves are virtually identical in operation/parts ... and when you want with that money you save you can replace the valve w/ an XValve coming out, so you can turn your mag into an RT basically, and the XVALVE even has the level 10 built in....

Just my agreement of the groups $0.02

Sincerely,
Dave K

Vendetta
12-02-2002, 03:01 PM
My mini has 4 stars on it, but if i were you I'd just get the new body. As cool as the AGD people are, you don't need the 3 extra stars.

digitard
12-02-2002, 03:12 PM
I've had my classic valve for 5yrs (since 97') and other than the standard replacement stuff (orings, etc) I haven't had a problem with the valve .... and the AGD people are VERY COOL anyhow.

I suggest again, just go standard and replace the body ... I'm sure someone is selling one.

SIncerely,
Dave K