PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* another BS paintball EBay Auction

CRog075
12-01-2002, 09:16 PM
He wnats $625 for a black dragun, warp, mask, and tank. He woud be lucky to get anything over 500. Heres some BS quotes:

"This is fully modified and I do not recommend it to a new player as it costs a lot and it requires you to take proper care to maintain a high rate of fire."

HAHA, I thought black draguns are for new paintballers? And high maitaince?! Yes, to put a drop of oil in after every game, is high maitaince :rolleyes:

"This marker with the proper balls can shoot the 20 balls per second"

HEH, 20bps, sure, if you want some mad chopping.

[b]Has a Mike and earphone connectors to connect small two way radio that can be purchased at Wal-Mart so you can communicate with other team members [/b[

Umm..is microphone even tourny legal? If they are, whats the point really?!

ANy ways, check out the ugly pictures, and BS text. I hate the stupid ebay sellers.

Raptor3359
12-01-2002, 09:26 PM
no mics arent tourny legal, and u forgot the link to ebay

Skoad
12-01-2002, 09:28 PM
I'm sorta getting tired of these posts...there will always be stupid people selling/buying things for too much.

Just watch home shopping network or QVC, and watch what they say/sell/price on their computers.

CRog075
12-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Crap, I did forget the link.

Here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1973270748

But still, a mic would get annoying.

Raptor3359
12-01-2002, 09:35 PM
6. Dragon Barrel Plug ...................$ 13.00

must be some barrel plug that it cost 13 bucks

yeahthatsme
12-01-2002, 09:53 PM
yeah, and he payed 175 each for a warp and a proteus and fan...haha.....thats hilarious....

CRog075
12-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Raptor3359

hahaha I never really noticed that :D

AlabamaMan
12-01-2002, 10:58 PM
I have seen one of those plugs, and the look horrible. Just badley molded plastic. Personally i think he should pay the buyer to take the plug off his hands.

Maybe the rest of the gun too?

CRog075
12-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan
I have seen one of those plugs, and the look horrible. Just badley molded plastic. Personally i think he should pay the buyer to take the plug off his hands.

Maybe the rest of the gun too?

Finally, some one else who agrees :D

Seriously though, thats one ugly gun.

12-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CRog075

HEH, 20bps, sure, if you want some mad chopping. [/B]

i have personally fire 20 balls per second out of a blowback with a black dragun frame on it without chops.

this is a blowback cycling at 30 cycles per second, with a dragun frame, with custom electronics in it. http://www.speakeasy.org/~aaronw/NeverEndingString.mp3

i can crank the rof up to anything i want electronics wise, the gun would start skipping at abotu 45 cycles per second acording to my numbers. (20ms for the bolt to go from its starting point, to ending point, add a little time for it to hit the bumper and move foward and land on the sear)

i do not see anything fraudulent, or bs about this auction. i think that he is representing his items well, his price may be a little steep to some, (the milled draguns run about 300, pro team sells their warps for about 200, add in the cost of the price and the tank. i think the price is fair)

i think that people shold not bash what they do not know about.

nerobro
12-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by CRog075 He wnats $625 for a black dragun, warp, mask, and tank. He woud be lucky to get anything over 500. Heres some BS quotes:

HEH, 20bps, sure, if you want some mad chopping.

<snip>

ANy ways, check out the ugly pictures, and BS text. I hate the stupid ebay sellers. [/B]

The text is all accurate. Heck I've seen a dragun cycle at 30bps reliably. With a warp there should be no problem feeding that gun at any ROF the user wishes.

He's asking the "new" prices for the equipment... while not a move I'd make, it's still a legitamate asking price.

I think the person who's dreaming here is you. Holding onto the preconcieved notion that a simple blowback can be a "high end" gun.

I dont' see where you get off calling the guy a liar...

CRog075
12-02-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by nerobro

Heck I've seen a dragun cycle at 30bps reliably.

hahahah sure buddy. I also want to see you shoot 30bps with a black dragun...ill be waiting.

nerobro
12-02-2002, 05:26 PM
A dragun cycling reliably at 30bps was demonstrated at schatnerball.

As for feeding it... lets see any gun feed paint at 30bps. Though...it's not out of the question. we'll see. it depends on the availabity of a halo.

xen_100
12-02-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by 314159

i have personally fire 20 balls per second out of a blowback with a black dragun frame on it without chops.

this is a blowback cycling at 30 cycles per second, with a dragun frame, with custom electronics in it. http://www.speakeasy.org/~aaronw/NeverEndingString.mp3

that doesn't really prove anything...........it is an MP3. you cant see if he is shoot paint or not..........for all we know he is shooting a timmy.

nerobro
12-02-2002, 05:43 PM
There was no paint. But again, it was demoed at 30 bps at schatnerball. In front of the whole AO crowd. Rest assured it's not a timmy.

CRog075
12-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Notice the idiot with numbers as his name, and neo are both from chicago. So prolly, they both know each other and own black draguns, and think there black dragun can really shoot 20bps-30bps.

And yes, it prolly is a timmy or some other GOOD gun.

12-02-2002, 05:51 PM
yes CRog075, i know nerobro, we bolth don't own black dragons. I own just the frame, and we have thrown it on a couple of blowbacks.

a blowback was demonstrated at the dounut orgy at shatnerball cycling at 30 cycles a second. shot by tom himself too. here is a pic of me holding the pieces.

http://www.paintballchannel.com/photos/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Big_Game_-_Scenario/William_Shatner_SPPLAT_Attack&image=DSC00680-2.jpg&img=48&tt=

even if i showed you video, i could take video of me firing at 10 bps, lace it with audio of me firing at 30 cycles per second, and you would not notice the difference.

davidb
12-02-2002, 06:41 PM
Wow, the accusations and name calling being thrown around in this thread are really sad. If either of you knew anything about nero or pi (you figure it out), you would know that, for one thing, they're definitely not idiots, and for another they are telling the truth (feel free to notice that I am NOT from Chicago, and have never met either of them, although I have read their threads and posts). Calling them stupid only makes you look childish.

xen_100
12-02-2002, 06:49 PM
I never said I didn't believe them, just that that mp3 clip doesn't prove anything.......I believe a blowback can cycle VERY fast............but a video would be a better way to show it.

12-02-2002, 06:51 PM
Notice the idiot with numbers as his name, and neo are both from chicago. So prolly, they both know each other and own black draguns, and think there black dragun can really shoot 20bps-30bps.

And yes, it prolly is a timmy or some other GOOD gun.

Your stupid is showing.

nerobro
12-02-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by xen_100
just that that mp3 clip doesn't prove anything. <snip>.but a video would be a better way to show it.

Well, if you check the analysis of any of the video done here, it's just as blind as the mp3.

With video at the normal web framerate of 12frames per seccond.... or even excelent video quality at 30frames per seccond. You'll never catch the movement of the bolt, or actually be able to count paint hits on a target. to accurately display something , you need a frame rate 4x the rate of what you are doing. It comes down to that a sound file (though I'll admit pi's sound file sucks.. we've been trying to work on that sound quality) and a photograph of the hits would make the same point.

CRog075:

The actually gun in question is a dragun black. yes NOT a black dragun. the dragun blacks became the excelerators. They are fatty striker spyder clones and cycle somewhat slower than draguns.

the dragun was chosen for the vertical feed. Pi's personal blowback is a pirhana with CCP springs in it. AKA it can't fire more than 250fps. and one more thing.. it's NERObro Not NEO. And that numbers.. is Pi. 3.14159

Fatjon
12-02-2002, 07:53 PM
I just wanted to let you know that is a good deal because that revy costed him $80.00:eek:

mag-hatter
12-02-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Raptor3359

yeah, that barrel plug better have gps, and a dvd player on it! 13 BUCKS!?!

CRog075
12-02-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Fatjon
I just wanted to let you know that is a good deal because that revy costed him $80.00:eek:

hahahahaha :D

CpSuPeRkId
12-02-2002, 10:36 PM
CRog075, you need to think before you make dumb threads like this bashing blowback guns because they dont cost 1000 dollars. they can infact shoot at 40+ cps.(cylces per second, because nobody can feed at 40 right now so im not gonna say BPS. and besides at that rate the speed of the balls going into the breach would probably cause the balls to break.lol) actually everything he said was accurate and he wasnt lieing about anything. the price is relaly expensive but still understandable. hes just using good business techniques and trying to sell his marker. no need to go and say stuff about him being a lier. dont be ignorant.

Thordic
12-03-2002, 09:50 AM
845 had it right, Crog, your stupid is showing :)

I was at Shatnerball, I saw the demo, I even fired the gun. It was a Dragun with a custom "board" that Pi made.

I think it was hooked up to a Dynaflow, although I think CO2 was used as well, I remember poof clouds.

In any case, the gun was definitely cycling at extreme rates of fire. I've seen 20 cps, and this was faster. While I can't verify 30 since there wasn't any equipment, I believe Nero's clip is accurate.

Don't start talking about things you don't understand, you only make yourself look bad.

nerobro
12-03-2002, 11:28 AM
We had a 3k crossfire that couldn't keep up with the flow rate. We used co2 later because a 20oz could handle the rof. And a hyperflow SCREW IN TANK :-) That gun on the hyperflow really gave me new respect for the centerflag tanks.

CRog075
12-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
845 had it right, Crog, your stupid is showing :)

I

Not really, no black dragun stars and stripes, can shoot 30bps or 20bps without chopping.

Thordic
12-03-2002, 03:54 PM
They could if you fed them fast enough, thats what you don't seem to understand.

-sCaN-
12-03-2002, 04:34 PM

Not really, no black dragun stars and stripes, can shoot 30bps or 20bps without chopping.
This is a very controversial thread that you started. Different markers obviously have different rates of fire and yes, there was evidence presented in previous posts, and no, there wasnt some guy with a camera taking a picture of every ball and matching it up with the audio. But, when you make a statement like the one above, you are saying thats the way it is and thats not right.

Furthermore, when i sell things, i hype them up. I let the potential person know all of the good just like the "ebay guy." i dont see what he did wrong. Im not going to go into depth on this one.

I dont see how calling people stupid, etc. resolves things especially when you havent ever read any of their past posts and dont know them personally.

Ignorance is bliss.

sCaN

halB
12-03-2002, 04:37 PM

well neither can any other gun. of course, if u wanna put an anti chop bolt in the black dragun, call up spudmajic on pbn.

nastymag
12-03-2002, 05:20 PM
i dont know if they guy is lying or about the bps .... but he is lying about prices and that the only thing that is a shady.
i havent seen a revy for 80 dollars in about 3 years.

or a barrel plug for 13 dollars...
and he is charging alot for labor.

he is doing good the way he describes everything .. but i still think he is lying about prices

CRog075
12-03-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
They could if you fed them fast enough, thats what you don't seem to understand.

See, thats where you come in this thread thinking you know alot about me. Stupid prick. And still, its impossible, if you can feed it fast enough, please prove me wrong.

EDIT- And you are also saying, a talon can feed 30 bps if you can feed it fast enough, as you think any gun can :rolleyes:

Reo5th
12-03-2002, 07:07 PM
If the marker is capable of firing 30 balls per second, and the loader can feed 30 balls per second, you should have no problem with chops. When a ball is chopped, it is being sliced by the bolt while falling into the breech. If the loader can put the ball in front of the bolt while it is cycling it is obviously feeding fast enough and should have no chopping.

personman
12-03-2002, 07:25 PM
And you are also saying, a talon can feed 30 bps if you can feed it fast enough, as you think any gun can :rolleyes:
You're acting kind of stupid CRog..
For the record stacked blowbacks can fire that much..
And that gun isnt too bad.. I think its around 250 bux for that version because if the special anno and any other features it might have (havent looked into it)
I agree that is a pretty darn steep price but it all adds up you know..
And thats 250 online.. say he bought it all at a store.. then you could understand the higher prices..
But yea, they are steep prices even for retail stores.
And BTW a store is selling that gun, its brand new.
BTW I think that is one of the nicer twist lock barrel plugs..
Jeez, you people just hop all over people without thinking about things.. :rolleyes:

Miscue
12-03-2002, 09:15 PM
This thread is falling apart... closing.

CRog075 - No cussing/flaming... you've been warned. Same goes to rest of ya'll... none of this name calling stuff.