PDA

View Full Version : C&C or new computer

Psycho Chicken
12-01-2002, 10:31 PM
Alright guys I've got a problem here I can't decide between a new C&C extreme or a new computer. Now I already have a nice matrix and all, but I am on the preorder list for the next batch and need to make up my mind.....Help!!!!

Gitaroo Man
12-01-2002, 10:46 PM
Well, what kind of computer do you have now and what do you do on it?

Kevmaster
12-01-2002, 10:50 PM
well, apparently your computer works well enough now, so CnC ALL THE WAY!

Gitaroo Man
12-01-2002, 10:59 PM
If you game and your computer runs the games fine or if you have no troubles then sure get a CnC!!

personman
12-01-2002, 11:15 PM
Both..
Save the good components of your computer IE hard drive and sell the rest to a used computer place if you can find one?
Then build another computer and your cooking..
After that proceed to save up and buy a C&C X-Mag

:D

demonguy8
12-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Which will you use more? nuff said..

BajaBoy
12-01-2002, 11:25 PM
i say xmag..

Coaster
12-01-2002, 11:26 PM
if you are going to get a computer, i would recommend learnign how to build them yourself. You can take components from your old computer(s) and use them for the new one. I wound up spending around $550 building myself a top of the line computer. I really don't think that going from a matrix to an extreme will be an enormous quality difference. Go with the computer, especially if you game.

xmetal2001
12-01-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Coaster
if you are going to get a computer, i would recommend learnign how to build them yourself. You can take components from your old computer(s) and use them for the new one. I wound up spending around $550 building myself a top of the line computer. I really don't think that going from a matrix to an extreme will be an enormous quality difference. Go with the computer, especially if you game.

Exactly, Build it for less, and then buy an X-Mag

DiRTyBuNNy
12-02-2002, 12:26 AM
I'm waiting for the new 64-bit Athlons to come out this next summer, so it's waiting time for me as far as building a new 'puter...

AlabamaMan
12-02-2002, 12:35 AM
get the puter use it to get your learn on, leading to a high paying job. Then buy and X-mag for both you wand I.

Creative Mayhem
12-02-2002, 05:50 AM
Get the C+C! It wiil out last any computer. These guy are right though, you can build a 'puter cheaper than going out and buying one.

C Mayhem

digitard
12-02-2002, 10:29 AM
hehe,
See this is why I love my job ... I work for a Fortune 500 computer company (insight.com) so I get all my PC stuff at Cost ... PLUS I can set it up for payroll deduction (split the cost of the parts between 12 checks) ... so I can upgrade my components very easily for low "out of pocket" quick cost, so I can still buy my components whenever needed.

As for what to buy, really depends on if you need the new PC .... if you can manage yours then maybe just upgrade the motherboard/processor/memory and then go part to part upgrades.

Sincerely,
Dave K

ben_JD
12-02-2002, 10:32 AM
What does the "\\\" mean in front of the apostrophe?

FutureMagOwner
12-02-2002, 05:42 PM
i want to upgrade my computer i lack cash however. although my mom is picking up a geforce 4 (the best one) for christmas to get rid our really crappy geforce 2. im thinking of some ohter things to upgrade ill post some system specs in another thread or this one

and btw.... :D

davidb
12-02-2002, 06:21 PM
If you really want the best graphics card pick up a Radeon 9700 Pro. Beats the G4 hands down in pretty much every category.

I say get the X-mag, especially if you're a gamer. :rolleyes: Unless computer games are a bigger part of your life than paintball I guess... But hey, now's a good time to change that!

digitard
12-02-2002, 06:24 PM
If you wanna spend 400 bucks on a video card get the 9700 ATI ... otherwise get the GF4 .. yes the ATI beats it, but nothing you'll notice visually right now since even the new UNREAL WARFARE engine gets over 60FPS with both cards, and you cant see over 60FPS with your eyes anyhow, anything over that is overkill.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Berner9
12-02-2002, 11:19 PM
i just like to say that that is funny as h*ll FutureMagOwner.

p.s. do you have a mag yet?

DiRTyBuNNy
12-02-2002, 11:30 PM
as far as not being able to see above 60fps..simply untrue..some military fighter pilots are able to distinguish differences in frames at up to 120fps, so it's not that you won't notice the difference..you just simply won't know enough to care...

and I get 170fps in Half Life with my 128MB Radeon 9000 so there...

Mr. T!
12-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Dude, your getting a Dell. I hate dells, get the C&C

digitard
12-03-2002, 01:11 AM
HalfLife is a 4yr old game engine, its out of date .. dont use that as a basepoint. Your comparing a game that was designed to run on a volvo to someone owning a ferrari ... its outdated.

The "untrained" eye see's 60fps naturally ... unless you do some SERIOUS work to teach your optical system to distinguish farther, and in some cases just the eye works different. But in 95% of human beings you wont see above the 60fps natually.

Both the Gf4 and the Radeon 9700 push amazing frame rates, and currently the GF4 is your best price/performance card ... but if you want simply the absolute best the 9700 is the way to go, although the new NVIDIA chipset coming out beats even that. So its a tug-o-war.

If you wanna get true benchmarking performance use a game engine such as the UNREAL WARFARE or the DOOM III alpha to do it .... those are the types of games that are coming out, those engines are what will be adapted and used for the new generation of games .... Halflife/Q3/etc based engine games might still be fun, but the game engine is out of date .....

Sincerely,
Dave K