PDA

View Full Version : help a newbie

Whisky
08-27-2001, 12:03 PM
All you have to say is " You can follow me, but just try to shoot over me", believe me it works. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

DOZY
08-27-2001, 12:17 PM
J u r the one that shoots your own team what r u talkin about, just playin

------------------
dozys uh pimp

my gunhttp://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1171482424

e_magman
08-27-2001, 12:25 PM
depends on the what the newbie is like. there are some newbies that i really hope never do get into paintball. im talkin about the retards that think that they are "all that" even though they have never played paintball before... i give those ones a hard time. but if a newbie is willing to coperate with me then i will do my best to help them out... those are the kind of people we want playing paintball.

shagman69
08-27-2001, 01:40 PM
hey, its the coupevillians! i agree e-magman, there are some people that just shouldnot play painball

------------------
TEAM-KAOS
DASH FOR CASH

68. Automag with PF, 14" aa, 10" dye aluminum, diamondlabs 45 2x trigger frame with trigger job, SP vertical 4 grip, pmi perfect D/F, Crossfire 51 stinger.

magman007
08-27-2001, 02:13 PM
THIS Is a short story of inspiration. Out at the iao i was playing some rec ball when this little 13 yearold comes onto my team with ist tippman and he is so proud, as he looks up at me toting my brand spankin new rt pro. His eyes get all wide and he asks if i will help him out and tell him where to go and such. i said sure. he gets all happy and then we break out. I am hiding behind a large beer can as he is ducked behind a pikachuu i call out to him as we wipes out every one on thier team! he was so proud when i said that was great. I got him hooked for ever.

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

cphilip
08-27-2001, 02:16 PM
magman007, now that is the first positive thing so far on this thread. Good for you. I'm proud to have you here. Keep up the good work in the field.

2000Sabre
08-27-2001, 07:39 PM
How can some of you guys say that some newbies should never play paintball. Paintball isn't some country club sport reserved for people who can afford the most expensive equipment or for just people who know how to play well. Paintball is for anyone how shows up on a field and wants to play.

Don't all of you remember your first day on the field? Are we to assume that you were all experts the first time you picked up a marker and played a game? Maybe if someone took the time to explained to the newbie how to handle his marker and showed him where to go or what to do he wouldn't be shooting his teammates in the back of the head.

Take a lesson from Magmann007 and be an ambassador to the game we all love to play. Maybe if we all took his approach, paintball would have a better public perception and we'd see televised tournaments or maybe have paintball as an Olympic sport. Who knows what the possibilities could be.

Shame on all of you for thinking that way. I hope the next time the opportunity arises to help someone out you'll think about what you want paintball to be and act a bit differently.

shagman69
08-27-2001, 09:32 PM
yall are ghetto, just encouredge the new dudes

------------------
TEAM-KAOS
DASH FOR CASH

68. Automag with PF, 14" aa, 10" dye aluminum, diamondlabs 45 2x trigger frame with trigger job, SP vertical 4 grip, pmi perfect D/F, Crossfire 51 stinger.

shagman69
08-27-2001, 11:53 PM
this weekend i was at my local feld enjoying a plesent day of rec ball when i noticed alot of the younger players and newbies looking up to me and wanting to fallow me off the break. I dont realy like that cus it makes my ears ring when i get shot in the back of the head by my own team.
But does it realy matter? if you are a tourniment player you can make a newbies day and forever hookem on pb just with a few words of encouredgement..

i will try harder and i hope all of you guys will to

------------------
PAINT-BAwLHAiR

68. Automag with PF, 14" aa, 10" dye aluminum, benchmark 45 2x trigger frame with trigger job, SP vertical 4 grip, pmi perfect D/F, Crossfire 51 stinger.

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-27-2001).]

hitmanng
08-28-2001, 12:34 AM
I always talk to people before the game and make sure everyone knows where everyone is going. I explain that it is not good to crowd a bunker. I take anyone with me on my side that wants to go and we hop bunkers and work together. I used to take people with me in the same bunker. I kept expecting them to know what they were doing and kept getting bunkered on their side. I know keep them close but at least a bunker away.
hitmanng

------------------
Issha zetsumei -- The original "one shot, one kill"

toymyster
08-28-2001, 02:08 AM
I usualy have to say"just make sure you keep up!!!"

------------------
Black Teflon E-mag
Warp feed
10" total Freak
Centerflag 201 68/45k