PDA

View Full Version : whats so great about the retro valve?

skippy12
12-02-2002, 10:32 AM
so can anyone tell me what is so great about the retro valve upgrade?

digitard
12-02-2002, 11:01 AM
The recharge time is about 6x faster, so you can shoot quite a few more BPS .... plus it has the reactive trigger setup, so when you combine it with something like an intelliframe you have a LOT more control over your shots. Add a level 10 to it and you get a high rate of fire and virtually no chopping.

If your upgrading an old mag and putting in the Retro valve you might wanna wait a few weeks for the XValve ... its the new Retro valve w/ the level 10 built in.

Sincerely,
Dave K

WicKeD_WaYz
12-02-2002, 12:44 PM
most people buy them to get the "bounce" out of the trigger. Chances are you wont be able to outshoot your classic valve anyway, so the fact that the valve recharges faster isnt that big of a deal unless you have an emag. But what a retro valve does is push the trigger back every time you shoot. For example lets say you have a 3 pound trigger pull. The valve mayb push your trigger finger back after you fire with 6 pounds of pressure. Most people claim there is a "sweet spot" on the triger where it kind of "runs away" and goes into something like full auto. Although the valve is not designed to do this because it causes extra wear on the sear it still happens.

skippy12
12-02-2002, 02:10 PM
right now i have a minimag with the LvL10 and the inteli frame but i still dont like the trigger pull as much as i thought i would. i cant find any info on how to adjust it for a lighter pull so i can shoot faster other than the general saying of dont mess with it. since i have only heard bad things about the boo-yaa e frame and one other that i cant think of right now it looks like i am stucki would love to have an e mag but there is no way i can drop that kind of cash on a gun. there was talk a whole back about making a budget electro inteli but i havent heard anything about it for like 6 months or so. at this piont i have nothing else to buy to get mu gun running better and shooting faster except for an e frame or a new gun. any thoughts on the trigger pull issue?

Dayspring
12-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Honestly, I'd say find somebody with a Retro Valve & test fire. I, personally, think it's worth it. The trigger pull is lightened somewhat and your ROF goes up considerably- which is one thing you want.

skippy12
12-02-2002, 03:25 PM
there arent to many people around where i play that have mags to start with so if i find someone with one it more than likely will not have the retro on it. how does the trigger feel compare to the Emag? or an angel?

Dayspring
12-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Apples and oranges here...

Angel has a micro-switch I think. (Although the IR3 uses an eye inside the trigger frame. Not totally sure about that.

Emag uses magnets. TOTALLY different trigger pulls compared to the RT/Retro Valve. (Plus, you have Hybrid which is totally awesome)

skippy12
12-02-2002, 04:50 PM
what is considered a hybrid trigger? my thought is it is either elcstro or it isnt. am i wrong?

digitard
12-02-2002, 05:46 PM
Hybrid is mechanical and electric.... the EMAG can run both electric and normal mechanical mode.

So if your battery dies, you change the Emag to mechanical and you have basically an RT mag going on ... which makes it great, cause your not bound by the battery.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Xzion
12-02-2002, 05:54 PM
The ReTro Valve is virtually the EXACT same valve that is found in the RT Pro a E-Mags; So finding an RT PRO or E-Mag (in manual mode) to test fire. it should at least give you an idea of what the trigger feels like.

Another option is, you could buy a ReTro Valve, and try it, if you dislike it, you could sell it. I imagine you could probably sell it for what you paid for it, either that, or maybe find a used one and do the same thing if you dislike it.

to shed more light on what the E-Mags Hybrid mode is, is its using the electro firing mode to some degree, but also incorporates the RT valves reactive trigger. the pull is shorter than the manual mode, but longer than the full electro mode. Thats how I understand it at any rate. I'ts only on the E-Mag however.

skippy12
12-03-2002, 10:05 AM
So what is the consensus on the Center Flag e frame? I have the inteli now and haven’t had it that long so I would hate to sell it or just push it aside so quickly but electro sounds a little better at this point.

Dayspring
12-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Some people swear by them. Others have nothing but problems. I'd say the jury is still out on this issue.

skippy12
12-03-2002, 10:41 AM
it is a little pricy but do you all know about this?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12544&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

it looks like a good deal but like people are saying you could just sell your mag and end up getting a brand new emag for like 50 bones more. i dont know it is a lot to spend on just an upgrade. any thoughts?

Kevmaster
12-03-2002, 11:03 AM
centerflags generally work fine, and if you do have toruble with them CF is great at customer service and will surely help you out every way possible

Dayspring
12-03-2002, 11:42 AM
They don't do these any more. I looked into it when I was looking for my Emag. I ended up selling my RT Pro and buying my Emag off a guy on AO for $700. I sold my RT Pro for about $450 or so.

Originally posted by skippy12
it is a little pricy but do you all know about this?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12544&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

it looks like a good deal but like people are saying you could just sell your mag and end up getting a brand new emag for like 50 bones more. i dont know it is a lot to spend on just an upgrade. any thoughts?