PDA

View Full Version : sin customs

xadamx
12-02-2002, 06:18 PM
i've heard some good things about this powder coating company, but i cant find their site, can anybody help me? thanks

Crimson_Turkey
12-02-2002, 06:24 PM
See the thread in the histoic posts section entitiled "SiNs and me" they hvae been really bad recently.

paintball8869
12-02-2002, 06:25 PM
in order to save yourself some serious money and time and headaches, I'm going to tell you to stay away from Sin. Eric McBain (owner) had my gun for over 5 months (an autococker). When I got it back, it came back with only 2 of 8 pieces done (body and back block). I paid $80 and waited 5 or more months for the gun. I threatened to sue, didn't help me out at all.

I then told him if I didn't haveit back in a week i'd be coming up to canada to get it from him. Needless to say it was postmarked the following day and back in my hands by the end of the week.

Oh yeah, it looked like *EDIT* Although I can sympathise with you, Eric had my gun for 5 months also, and completely screwed it up. However, cussing about it here will get you in trouble!. Army when i got it back. the moral of the story is SIN IS BAD- STAY AWAY. You'll be happier going somewhere else to get the powdercoating done in a timely fashion and with good quality work.

GreasyPigeon
12-02-2002, 06:30 PM
if you can find red rider. he does great wook. he is cheap and very reliable(sp) and also stay away from sin!!! i would go with kp customs or red rider.

Kevmaster
12-02-2002, 07:05 PM
yeh, there is someone here on AO who does a great job from what ive seen. also, Rainman229 of BEOG does an excellent job...cheap too :)

as for Anno, id go with PK Selective...no doubt

xadamx
12-02-2002, 07:09 PM
mm thanks for the heads up guys, can you give me the sites for red rider and kp customs? thanks

paintball8869
12-02-2002, 07:09 PM
For Ano, i'd definitely go with Max Anodizing. www.maxanodizing.com Just tell them Joe from Xtreme in MA sent you if you go that way. They'll get your job done in a week and for a great price. I just got my ripper intimidator back and it looks BEAUTIFUL (they got rid of all the scratches and dremel marks for free).

warpfeedmod
12-02-2002, 07:11 PM
SiN must have his hands full. A few years ago when I first started out he was doing great work with great turn around times. This was back when I frequented Paintballcity. Now it seems I've heard nothing but bad news about his quality and turn around. Seems to me he's in over his head and doesn't want to admit it. Too bad too, back in the day he was doing great work. Although I'd never gotten anything done from him I had him quote me a price quite a few times. I could never come up with the money though.

Army
12-02-2002, 08:02 PM
It is not too much of a stretch to say, that Eric McBain of SiNs Customs is out of business....and good riddance. I hope he chokes on my $128!

jah871
12-02-2002, 08:22 PM
i would use junky or kp customs, they both are very good.

spazzed
12-02-2002, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I've heard nothing but praise about Junky. :cool:

warpfeedmod
12-02-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Army
It is not too much of a stretch to say, that Eric McBain of SiNs Customs is out of business....and good riddance. I hope he chokes on my $128!

That would explain it Army :p

I'm interested to hear when his stuff started going downhill. Last I had heard was on pbcity about everyone raving about his work. As well as on a few spyder forums (hey I said I was a n00b back then heh).

Too bad too. Couldn't keep up with the hype or just let his workmanship goto waste.

FutureMagOwner
12-02-2002, 08:37 PM
around 6 months ago. basically it started when he started hiring more people to help him out the the people he had were really half bummed and with all the complaints he got he basically said all paintballers suck im never doing anything for paintball again

Trench
12-02-2002, 08:38 PM
Same for me though... He used to be the crap of milling (Cant say the other word) so I dont know what happened...

Termite
12-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Redrider has my RT right now and is doing a green to black fade. I'll post pics as soon as he gets it back to me. I took it to the shop where he works and he seem pretty cool, gave me a recipt and such. I also seen his Impulse (I think) that was done in red crackle, it looked nice:) He said he has been busy for the summer but may start doing more powder coating now that winter is here. I'll let him know ppl are asking about him here.

Termite

Bartman
12-02-2002, 09:16 PM
All I have to say is, Go with KPcustoms, the guy is a brilient machinist as well as the powder I have seen out his shop is nothing but extrodinary.

www.kpcutoms.com

You can also find Ken on automags irc chat every once ina while as KPcustom

hope this helps.

bartman
team i have no Idea
www.ihni.org