PDA

View Full Version : N2 opinions....please

Greg711
12-02-2002, 11:33 PM
Im looking to get N2 for my mag(Good idea, huh?). Anyways I want a fiber wraped tank, but there are so many Im not sure whos good and whos Ok and who sucks. I want a quality tank but at a really good price. Im willing to give up some quality for a good price. Im trying to not break the bank. Also, as many shots as I can get would be nice. This will be going on a automag with a lvl 10 kit. Also any advice on cradles/dropfowards would be a real help. One question if you scratch a fiber tank, do you really have to replace it, as in its no good anymore? I guess the only protection you have would be a good tank cover, any suggestions on one of thoughs would be good too. For thoughs of you that reply, a big thanks to you. Your helping so much.

Thanks.

drummr6
12-02-2002, 11:37 PM
are you looking for a preset or an adjustable? If you're looking for a preset, pure energy and crossfire tanks are good. for adjustables, a good, pretty cheap tank would be an air america raptor. you can find em pretty cheap on the forums. I have an 88ci 3000psi pure energy tank if your interested. its brand new, been sittin in the closet for a while as a backup.

spazzed
12-03-2002, 01:31 AM
I'd stick w/ pre-sets. The adjustables will break the bank...

Crossfire is the current pick of hte litter in the preset market. Any tank cover will work fine, just depends on what you like.

Same goes for drops.

Kevmaster
12-03-2002, 08:34 AM
an adjustable tank is very nice to have. with a preset you can reg down the pressure, but you cant increase it. so, and adjustable tank is a great thing to have....

as for tank covers, Dye makes a fantastic one tat is thicker and stronger than others. it also has sticky parts to it to grip your jersey

scratching a tank doesnt make it useless...otherwise the tank industry would be very rich....check it with a certified tech and ask if it needs to be rehydroed

krafty
12-03-2002, 03:21 PM
For $225 you can get a Nitro Duck X-Stream adjustable screw-in. (in 45, 68 and 90 sizes for like $5 difference)

sneakyhacker420
12-04-2002, 12:31 AM
i have a PMI 68/4500 tank, it is light, affordable ($180), and it has a 850psi preset output that is very consistent

a good drop foward for me was the Smart Parts drop foward then with just a regular ASA mounted on it

get a tank cover such as the smart parts RASE cover with the velcro straps and shoulder grip pad, or a DYE cover

fill nipple and thread protectors are also a must so you dont ruin your investment

also, the PMI's have very recent hydros, mine has a 9/02 hydro, and i got it in the month of 9/02

if you have any problems, PMI has great customer service too

happy paintballing :)

oh yes, i get about 1500 rounds out of this tank (only a 4200psi fill) on with my mag, you could push out 1700 or so with a full fill

overall great tank IMO

Bulldog
12-04-2002, 01:38 AM
Crossfire makes some real good 4500 psi tanks. Good tank, good price, and a 5 year hydro. About 180, new. I have one, I love it. kev's right about those dye covers too, those things rock, but it's too bad they didn't make them for the 47 ci tanks.

heres a link for a 68, o its 190 not 180.

http://www.actionvillage.com/031-7300.html

Shirow
12-04-2002, 08:09 AM
I'd go for the Crossfire, I had a Nitroduck and it wasn't all that great.. they won't go above 900psi and they creep all the time. They're not bad tanks if you run them as a preset, but I don't think they're very good as an adjustable. I ended up using my 68/4500 Crossfire over the ND.

Dslexik
12-08-2002, 07:26 PM
What do you guys think about the Center Flag preset tanks.

Rated inlet pressure 4500psi
Outlet pressure preset 750psi
Materials in contact with media:
Body: 7075 aluminum
Piston: 360 brass
O–ring: polyurethane viton
Seat: KEL–F
Flow capacity Cu"=.05
Porting 1/8 NPT (National Pipe Thread)
Inlet port filter 40 microns
Operating Temperature -15F to 165F
High pressure burst disc. 7400psi

Talon2000
12-09-2002, 03:08 PM
What kind of advantage would I get putting a regulated bottle on my Classic R/T? I'm using a ND preset @800 would there be any performace gains being able to go from 700-900 or should I save my jack and buy a bigger preset?

Also I'm thinking of putting on a coil remote with QD's

Any thoughts about that? I'm trying to make that old R/T a little lighter..

Talon

Derman2k
12-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Talon...you should probly get an adjustable cuz you've got an RT.

Crossfire stubbys are pretty nice...they're very...well..stubby

A good drop is the Psycho Ballistics

RASE tank covers work very well...they've got grippy stuff so they stick to your shirt