PDA

View Full Version : flatline question.

Shail
12-03-2002, 01:58 PM
If I had a flatline tank but it was a smaller tank then I wanted, could I replace the tank itself while still keeping the reg and then place the reg onto a larger tank. Or would this screw up the reg and/or not be possible?

Shirow
12-03-2002, 02:08 PM
Yes.. 4500psi is 4500psi no matter how big a tank it's in, I would think..

I don't see any reason why not.

Thordic
12-03-2002, 02:35 PM
You can switch regs all you want, but you need to fill to the lowest pressure.

For example, if you decided to put a 4.5K Crossfire reg on a 3K Luxfer bottle, you could ONLY fill that tank to 3K PSI. Same goes if you put a 3K reg on a 4.5 bottle, you could only fill to 3K.

However, you should NOT do this yourself. Get an airsmith to do the switch, the amount of foot-pounds needed to safely screw in the reg is precise, and a mistake could be fatal.

rikkter
12-03-2002, 03:44 PM
yeah Thordic is right. if you noticed on a lot of the tanks they have it marked to what psi they go up to. usually the regs do also.

if you put a 4500reg on a 3000 psitank. the tank's threads would most likly go before the burst disc goes.
if you put a 3000psi on a 4000reg, the safty will go before the tank goes.
but i' just kinda repeating what he said but still. just something to think about

Kevmaster
12-03-2002, 04:16 PM
yep. as thor said, dont put too much pressure through the system

and also, make sure a certified airsmith does the work for you. Paintball Training Institute does a great job teaching airsmithing and HPA saftey and tech. www.paintball-pti.com is their site. i took their classes and loved it. they have a registry you can check for local airsmith willing to do the work. this is, the only work i take on for free. i will swap out bottles and regs for free just to ensure everything is done according to DOT standards. you just have to pay the return shipping. i do about one a month, usually