PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Barrel, Sorta...

projectexodus
12-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Ok, get new o-rings and everything for the barrel, put it all on, i go to put it in, and it gets stuck, take off the trigger frame make the barrel pin thing shorter, it comes off, put it on after oiling it, still gets stuck.. uh, any ideas?

krafty
12-03-2002, 06:02 PM
Dry o-rings? Try putting a drop of oil on the barrel o-rings and see if that helps.

projectexodus
12-03-2002, 06:25 PM
nevermind i got it.. dont know how.. but i did

Thordic
12-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Next time just back off the twist lock assembly a little.

There's a set screw, the stiffness of the barrel detent pin is adjustable.

projectexodus
12-04-2002, 01:24 PM
hm, where is this? I know some about mags but I just changed from mags to autocockers, so I guess you could say I'm a noob when it comes to them, wheres the detent that doesn't involve taking off the whole trigger frame?

BTAutoMag
12-04-2002, 01:56 PM
call in to the AGD tech line and ask for a new twist lock assy. thats what i did and it worked charms

projectexodus
12-04-2002, 02:18 PM
hm ok, still dont know what your talking about but I will

thanks

Thordic
12-06-2002, 03:27 PM
You don't need a new twist lock assembly, they are adjustable.

On your body rail, in the front, you still see a small metal cylinder with a set screw in the bottom. If you back that set screw out, you'll notice that the spring-loaded barrel detent pin will be looser.

Also, check the barrel to make sure that there is no "lip" the groove. The slot for the barrel pin should have an even bottom to it, if there are any "pits" in it, where there is some sort of bump or ledge, that needs to be sanded down by hand or with a dremel.

projectexodus
12-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I figured out the barrel pin and such, but, I have to take off my intelliframe every time I do it, thats where you guys where confusing me with the twist lock and such.. Thanks for the advice on the lip and such, I'll look into it.

CMDane
12-16-2002, 03:23 AM
I had the same problem with my first RT. I went out and bought a Taso Pro-series SS barrel (heavy pig, but I love it). I could put the barrel on, but had to get a second person or loosen the grip frame to get the barrel out. Couple of seconds with a fine grinding stone on my Craftsman (NOT Dremel! :) ) rotary tool in the groove on the barrel and voila! As it turns out, the machining on the barrel was a little off, the detent that the twist lock assembly dropped into had too big a lip with no angle. If you don't have a rotary tool, a jeweler's file might work.