PDA

View Full Version : Search

rpm07
12-03-2002, 06:40 PM
I am getting tired everytime I go into a post about the X-MAG and someone asks a question, people that have nothing better to do the come in and post DO A SEARCH. I my self think that the more posts about the gun the better.I think if you have nothing to add to a post then just dont post anything! Flame if you want but thats my opinion.

Load SM5
12-03-2002, 06:45 PM
I agree to a certain extent. I think it's a tad rude, especially in the case of new people, to scream "Search you lazy Turd!" if they post a common question.

People who admit they're too lazy to do a search get no sympathy from me whatsoever. I hate to type the same answer over and over just like everyone.

I usually just do search myself and post the link. It's gets the point across in a nice way.

darklord
12-03-2002, 06:48 PM
Search, darn it! :p seriously I think several others have complained about this. It's just a fact of life until the X-mag is finally released! :D

petefol
12-03-2002, 06:50 PM
well, if you searched, there are already posts like this complaining about people telling people to search :D

yeahthatsme
12-03-2002, 07:32 PM
i always explain the search feature, then give them the answer, but if its a senior member that i have seen post before and has to have come upon the search feature by then i just say do a search you know how.

petefol
12-03-2002, 07:38 PM
well... searching can't always help. i remeber back when i first got my lvl 10 and had problems, but when i tried to search i just got a bunch of crap about stupid questions, and also people called it the "LX" "LVL 10" "level 10" etc.

FalconGuy016
12-03-2002, 07:41 PM
yeahthatsme, you need to fix that thing where the dark gray bar is on top of your mesaage

xmetal2001
12-03-2002, 11:58 PM
I CANT BELIEVE U DIDN"T SEARCH!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53536

:p

And btw, thats my thread, so its a very high quality, super informative thread. Not that yours aren't or anything;)

Xerces
12-04-2002, 09:01 AM
while i do find posts like " WhaT iS An X-mAg?!??????" annoying, i still think its rude whenever someone asks any question about it is met with search and some stupid search.gif

when someone is newer and doesn't know better, let them know, but don't be a jerk.

Kevmaster
12-04-2002, 09:51 AM
you see, the search feature is there to allow people to gain information abaout a subject on their own befoer asking help from others. you wouldnt think of going in the public library and asking "where in the world is South Africa" to the librarian and expect him to take you over to the atlas and point it out for you. no, you take a look around fist and see if you can find it. there is a wealth of knowledge here on the forums. take a look around and see if you can find what you are after. if not, then, go ask. i dont know of many people who go into new places and just start asking questions without having done a search, even if its a broad one, for their information beforehand

however, i agree, that we need to be kinder with our "DO A SEARCH" posts. i always try and explain it and usually put the button image down in the post to show them what i am talking about. i also link the button so they can click on that button.

Skoad
12-04-2002, 01:07 PM
the only thing i hate about repeat posts are one's that come within like a day apart and it's almost as if the "re-poster" is trying to take credit for finding something that a different guy found the day before.