PDA

View Full Version : I found the leak! It was out the back.

Bulldog
12-03-2002, 11:45 PM
I have a small leak in my retro and found it was coming out the velocity nut in the back. Very small, so small I had trouble finding it. I replaced the regulator piston o ring, and it still leaks. From what I've read in the searches I did, it looks like I need to replace the regulator piston.

Before I order another part for this thing, is there a another o ring I should change out first?

sneakyhacker420
12-04-2002, 12:20 AM
take out the velocity adjuster completely and grease up the spring pack and the threads of the velocity adjuster with WHITE LITHIUM GREASE

that should fix it, if not...:confused:

Bulldog
12-04-2002, 01:10 AM
It's already got a ton in there. I read about how some people just have bad reg pistons that need to be replaced. Hopefully I can just swap out an o ring, but I'll order the part if I have to.

Kevmaster
12-04-2002, 10:14 AM
if you have already replaced the oring and it still leaks with the velo down low(see addition if you have an LX bolt) then, yeh, replace the piston. the mag has a pressure release valve so that if the pressure becomes too high, the mag vents out the back. you may be above the recommended pressure.

if you have an LX Bolt kit...go down one spring size and then lower the velo. with the long spring, you need a higher pressure to get the bolt to move, and that pressure might be too high...

Bulldog
12-04-2002, 09:27 PM
Tried the spring switch with lx, no dice. Anything else I should try before I replace the reg piston?

chuey
12-10-2002, 10:09 PM
Same thing happened to me, the reg assembly worked wonders. I can chrono up to 280 now and keep it there for themost part.

IcantBelieveit
12-11-2002, 09:50 AM
yea man i had the same problem. I ordered a new piston. and popped it in. and It sings to me now. I would say that would be your problem

Bulldog
12-11-2002, 11:53 AM
I ordered it on Friday, it should be here today. When you guys put in the new one, did you lube it at all with either oil or grease? or just put it in as is?

IcantBelieveit
12-11-2002, 11:57 AM
i put a a coat of regular gun oil on the o-ring slapped it in and greased up my spring pack. and it shot fine

Bulldog
12-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help. I'll post if works.

Bulldog
12-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Well the new reg piston got here, I put it in and gassed it up. A ton of air and grease shot out the back of my gun (the velocity nut) onto my wall. What happened here? And where to next?

EDIT - Also, now when I gas it up it shoots air out the back like a sprinkler. pop pop pop. I don't know how else to describe it.:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

IcantBelieveit
12-11-2002, 05:31 PM
are you running c02 or compressed air? b/c if are using c02 and liquid get in the gun ......BELIEVE ME IVE BEEN THERE, the gun goes on the fritz!!!

Bulldog
12-11-2002, 05:52 PM
nah, it's a retro, I'm running a pre-set crossfire. 850psi. Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to send this in to AGD. I miss my old AIR valve.