PDA

View Full Version : Whats this military paintball look like?

z-zero
08-27-2001, 05:12 PM
I've heard alot about this bullet shaped paintball and gun with 15 rd. clip, well what does one look like? Links or pics is great!

z-zero

-Jôker-
08-27-2001, 05:14 PM
uh never hearda thing bout it so i wanna see toooooo http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
AutoMag68
PowerFeed
Reactor Valve
BenchMark 2x
LabVert Adapter
Dye Gas Thru Grip
Dye 14 in Boomstick
Warp Feed
Stock Bolt
SOON TO BE
RT Valve
E-Lcd or hyper Frame
ANS Venturi
Some Sort of paint job
10in BoomStick

"our guns are better because we care enough to make them as good as we can. Now don't take my word for it, go over to the Spyder forum and ask the president of that company why his guns are better than Mags. When he gives you an answer come back here and tell us about it."
Tom Kaye
President
AGD

a_malfunction
08-27-2001, 06:37 PM
AGD makes this stuff for the military. I dont know if anyone besides AGD employees would have any pics.

------------------
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother, you're already screwed.

Scope
08-27-2001, 10:53 PM
I was actually thinking about that a while ago. what if you designed a paintball with a powder fill, that had a bullet shape to it. Then you have a barrel that's rifled. Expensive paintballs, but u don't gotta spray and pray, cause they're accurate. u gotta have a new paintball gun, but that's ok too. but I guess AGD already made something like that.

MikeCouves
08-27-2001, 10:57 PM
The only thing is that it would hurt more(I think). Because the paintballs have a shark end to them so they would bruise the skin easier with less forth needed. Just imagine being bunkered... http://www.automags.org/ubb/eek.gif. No fun at all. Good idea though, something tells me that Tom already did all the testing for http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif.

------------------
mbcouves@yahoo.ca

Mike Couves

Flamebo
08-27-2001, 11:01 PM
I heard (rumor) that these have been made, but couldn't be used for playing because of high costs and extreme pain. Supposedly they were known to stick into trees without breaking. It was a rumor when I first started playing, I never heard much more of it.

tranman
08-27-2001, 11:05 PM
If you've ever seen one of the old scary movies with that Chucky doll in it theres one where the kid is in military school or something like that. They have some fake wargame thing and they use paint-filled "bullets" in real rifles and Chucky replaces the paint with real bullets or soemthing.

21caballer
08-28-2001, 12:25 AM
i have used them we called them simunition. i don't think that agd made this particulat type there might be more than one. these came with a kit for the m16 to replace the upper reciever(blue barrel) and buffer spring. the actual round is 9mm size had a real 9mm case with less powder than a real round. the progetile was shaped like a bullet very hard plastic that had like six precut groves in it so it could break. the two colors were red and blue. they do more damage than paintballs to the skill if they hit it unexposed, and at point blank range they hurt more but at range they didn't hurt and after 15 feet you were lucky to hit the side of a barn. they also tend to get stuck in the barrel and you had to pound like 5 rounds out.

Sgt Carnage
08-28-2001, 05:00 AM
check this out--------->>>>>

http://www.tetragon.ca/simunition.html

------------------
Semper Fi

slushee
08-28-2001, 06:32 AM
Actually there was once a paintball marker made a number of years ago that fired a semi-bullet shaped paintball .. think it had a cal. of 62. Anyhow it had either a long tube straight up or a spring fed tube straight down. I remember only seeing it in a past Action Pusuit Games (like '93 or '95) .. anyhow, I'll search around for the ad and post it in a new topic ..

z-zero
08-28-2001, 08:02 AM
wow those shells look so cool, I bet they hurt!

z-zero

netjunk1e
08-28-2001, 09:22 AM
I am an explorer at my local Sheriffs department, we act as the county's SAR team but also participate in Law enforcement training. One of the most fun things we get to do is be targets for the tactical team to practice with. We are the hostages and aggressors in real life scenarios. We as the targets usually get 9mm Glock or revolvers with simunitions in them, they have different barrels and instead of the plastic pullets 21Calliber used they were a starch based paintball. They usually have a velocity of 400 to 500 fps and hurt a lot more than a paintball. They to travel through clothes and leave very large bruises. We just got full dump suits made out of Kevlar for clothes protection. It kind of hurts when the Tact team lights you up with a MP5 in full auto.

Robbie

BlackVCG
08-28-2001, 12:10 PM
Hey netjunk1e,

I see you're from Gaston, OR. Well, I'm from North Plains, OR and if you'd like to get together and play sometime, let me know. I usually play with Yipe, from the AO forums, in Scappoose or on my private field.

netjunk1e
08-28-2001, 09:35 PM
BlackVCG:

I sent you a e-mail, If you didn't get it It would be cool to hook up and play sometime. My e-mail is Robbie.kimmell@att.net

Robbie