PDA

View Full Version : how to anodize

minion450
12-04-2002, 07:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me or give me a link to what happens during anodizing and if/how can i do it myself. I am just curious and there seems to be many knowlegabel people here. ;)

magman007
12-04-2002, 08:13 PM
please run a search for the key words of anno, anndoize, and annodizing and my name... i am the one on ao who had the nuts to home anno his e-mag, i expolained everything through out my posts, and there are also some great links on how to do it. Thank you!

minion450
12-04-2002, 08:21 PM
NO! Thank You :)

Aliens-8-MyDad
12-04-2002, 10:43 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml
http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

HoppysMag
12-04-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by magman007
please run a search for the key words of anno, anndoize, and annodizing and my name... i am the one on ao who had the nuts to home anno his e-mag , i expolained everything through out my posts, and there are also some great links on how to do it. Thank you! i believe the phrase that fits better is dumb enough to home anno your 700+$ marker, with no previouse experiance... lol;) :D im just bustin ya

The Frymarker
12-05-2002, 08:11 AM
I use to anodize, don't know if I will ever pick it up again.

I have the professional setup. If you don't know what you are doing you can make yourself very sick with mixing the chemical fumes or electricute yourself with the rectifier.

Or better yet electricute yourself then have the acid blow up in your face.

There have been articles on home based how to do it yourself, however I really feel that these shouldn't be posted. Anytime you are dealing with chemicals or electricity you should have the proper training. I myself worked many years in a jewelry factory so I had some idea on how to use the chemicals.

After a few bodies, it is a lengthy process that I felt I probably would be harming myself with the fumes and what not even though I had all of the proper gear on respirator, mask, chemical apron, gloves. I decided that one it was too much work, and two I got sick of spending at least 15-20 minutes preparing myself for the task.

Better leave it to the professionals.

warpfeedmod
12-05-2002, 09:00 AM
YOu might want to look into powdercoating. I had seen several sites as well as TV shows on that TLC channel and Automobile shows where they show what you need and where to get it. I guess alot of people who restore old cars/etc use powdercoating to restore finishes and the colors of the car and it's not that hard for smaller parts. You just need the tools and an old stove to "bake" the finish onto the marker/parts. I don't know too much about it but I do know thatyou can't powdercoat everytthing, and at the same time you can't anno every metal either.