PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP...i just realized how much i spent...

Emagster
12-04-2002, 10:31 PM
OK...over the past....well, since June, I have been buying parts for my emag and selling parts i dont need anymore. and just a few minutes ago I added up everything thats ON my gn..not including all the stuff I put on it and then sold. so far....with the polished warp body, 10in full freak kit, ULE body rail, ULE trigger frame, warp hack(THANKS TUNA...your GRRRRRRRREAT!!!) warp feed, 12v revy w/ was turbo rev board and jmj impeller, PTP battery pack, emagnum board, shocktech drop, 68 4500 flatline, and SS hose....i've spent a total of 2344 dollars. I still need Lvl 10 and I might get it annodized(might...i kinda like the look of the polished body rail and polished body together)....but DANG....thats alotta money goin into a paintball gun comin from your lunch money...but boy oh boy...is it not pretty. I'm getitn pics whenever i can get ahold of a digital camera....i bet its very photogenic too:D

toymyster
12-04-2002, 10:50 PM
I have learned not to count!! Anyone asks how much my setup cost me, I just reply "Too much!!"

Kevmaster
12-04-2002, 11:01 PM
yep. i no longer keep track

halB
12-04-2002, 11:06 PM
just do what i did, get a job as a ref to pay for ur addiction. the ironic thing is, you never have time to play!

Ov3rmind
12-04-2002, 11:09 PM
All I know is that I've spent over $1000, and it's still going up and up.

Creative Mayhem
12-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Over my illustrious 10+ year paintball campaign, I have spent well over $10000.oo!!! Thats CDN of course. I haven't factored in the paint, or the cost of it over the years...LOL If I only had the $10000 now.....:D

C Mayhem

PaintballSucka
12-04-2002, 11:29 PM
thats alotta money goin into a paintball gun comin from your lunch money

What the heck do u eat at lunch? Lobster and steak?

Ov3rmind
12-05-2002, 12:18 AM
Lobster and steak?
More like white rhino and Bengal tiger.

Mgwannabie
12-05-2002, 01:17 AM
yeah same with me i just say "a lot"

joeyjoe367
12-05-2002, 01:26 AM
hey, let's see this thing!

Kevmag
12-05-2002, 01:50 AM
I don't want to think how much I've spent on paintball and I've been playing regularly for less than a year.

I might spend a little bit more if you can tell me the weight differences between the std body rail and grip frame and the ULE versions...

AlabamaMan
12-05-2002, 02:18 AM
The way i see it is, if you worry about how much money your spending than you shouldn't play. Don't get me wrong i'm not made of money, and i'm not flameing on people saying how much they spent. It's just that if you go out and have a good time everytime it doesn't really matter what is costs.

Jason Reed
12-05-2002, 02:47 AM
emagster post pics of marker

Prezents
12-05-2002, 08:09 AM
$1345.00 on my Warped, Hyper, RT mag

Creative Mayhem
12-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by AlabamaMan
The way i see it is, if you worry about how much money your spending than you shouldn't play. Don't get me wrong i'm not made of money, and i'm not flameing on people saying how much they spent. It's just that if you go out and have a good time everytime it doesn't really matter what is costs.

I agree. My father is always fond o telling his buddies that I play, and what I spend. When they say WTF, he simply responds, "hey its better than spending the money on drugs."

CM

Mr Pink
12-05-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem

I agree. My father is always fond o telling his buddies that I play, and what I spend. When they say WTF, he simply responds, "hey its better than spending the money on drugs."

CM

Maybe that could be the next Anti-Drug message, 'Hey Kids, don't do drugs, just shoot people!'

No- maybe not:D

minimag187
12-05-2002, 08:59 AM
$1900 on my Ir3 setup.

hardr0ck68
12-05-2002, 09:05 AM
yeah its a true addiction, once you get hooked your finances will never be the same :p the people that sell all there gear claiming to "ber leaving paintball for good" will come back, they all come back...:p and no one ownes a "finnished" marker...theres always that next part (LX, warp, barrel kit...always some reason max out the old visa). but when your out on the feild and hear the LX vent, your stackin ball on top of ball shootin cross feild, and then eliminate someone with an easy hopper shot your gonna walk off the feild smilin ear to ear. yeah its expensive, but always worth it

Swanky_Sam
12-05-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by halB
just do what i did, get a job as a ref to pay for ur addiction. the ironic thing is, you never have time to play!

yep thats what I did. I recomend that to any one. I have learnd alot and I get paint for free.

circus5
12-05-2002, 10:46 AM
I too thought that if i got a job reffing that it could fuel my habit, alas it was not to be. Simply by showing up and doing our job relialbly (if somewhat hung-overly at times) my self and my crew of friends has become the nucleus of the staff at our feild. This means serious trouble for everyon, last time we tried to play a tourny our employers were begging us to cancel and come to work. Now they finaly did bribe us by paying our entry into skyball :D but the moral of the story is don't get into a situation like that. If you're gonna ref for the purpose of playing, do so in moderation, above all do not allow yourself to become indispensable!

circus5
12-05-2002, 10:52 AM
I'm just gonna gloat about how LITTLE i spent on my latest aquisition. It was
-RT Pro w/warp body
-wired inteliframe
-warp feed
-114/3k adjustable nitroduck tank
-rev
-superbolt
-kapp dropzone 3

All for a mere $550
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:cool:

Timmee
12-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Emagster, do you still have the stock grip frame? If so, would you be interested in selling it?

BTAutoMag
12-05-2002, 01:13 PM
yea i spent somewhere over 1000$

covadsucks
12-05-2002, 01:17 PM
It's too easy to spend tens of thousands of dollars...I've spent a buttload on five timmies and three mags, four cockers and a partridge in a pear tree...

Reo5th
12-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Emag 400
Replacement parts 15
Eggo II Free
Maxflo 88/4500 280
Freak with 2 inserts 90

780...man i feel frugal.

BTAutoMag
12-05-2002, 03:44 PM
man where the hack did you get an emag for 400$!!!!

Reo5th
12-05-2002, 03:50 PM
:D I actually picked it up for 600...I'm pretty sure the previous owner never fired it but I may be the third or so owner. I emailed him and asked if i could take just the emag for 600 from his warp+emag package. He emailed me back saying he would ship the gun and warp out (horrible communication) and finally i got my emag right before AO NE day.

When i opened up the UPS package i pulled out the mag, warp, drop, sight, all american barrel...all of which i didn't need. With the help of the guys in the trading forum i was able to sell off 200 worth of extra gear that the guy gave me (check the sig ;) ) That night I gassed it up and it fired great but the trigger magnet came unglued right away. I played all of AO day w/out a return magnet (what a bad idea!) and finally got some help from mossman getting the gun up and running. She works great now!

Emagster
12-05-2002, 04:21 PM
I'm gettin pics up as soon as i can get them and everything...cant wait. the I luv holding the thing...its just so GORGEOUS...Tom...THANKS for makin such an AWESOME gun.

HAHA...bout the drugs and money thing...my parents are CONSTANTLY tellin me i spend WAY to much money on my gun. they're like...why dont you just be happy with it the way it is and save your money. i simply reply...well would you rather me pay for my gun or pay fr drugs...and their like..you wouldn't buy drugs and i just dont say anything to them about it and change the subject to give them that "uneasy" feeling...haha

oh...and that was just a "rough" estimate of how much it cost...diffenately on the under side of the price rage i got it for...

folder504
12-05-2002, 06:35 PM
Well, I've spent $300 on one of my Stingrays - http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59039

ShooterJM
12-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr Pink

Maybe that could be the next Anti-Drug message, 'Hey Kids, don't do drugs, just shoot people!'

No- maybe not:D

Hehehehe Shooting People....my anti-drug. :D

I find it best just to not think about the $ too much. I love it, it keeps me happy and in better shape. When you think of it that way you're really paying for quality of life and a longer life due to less stress and better health. In fact, if you don't spend more you might die sooner! Um...well....that's how I'm convincing myself to just go ahead and get an x valve.....;)

hitech
12-05-2002, 07:06 PM
I just added up everything on my Level 10 Hyperframed Warp Feed Classic with 60/3000 Flatline. It's over $1000 for only what is currectly on the marker (not counting extra barrels, etc). I haven't even had it for a year. Gets expensive quick, doesn't it?

Raptor3359
12-05-2002, 09:35 PM
i've been dying to get a job(i'm 16) so i could paintball more, now that i got the job i never have time to play. :mad:

fearc7
12-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Ya me too raptor /\

Blazestorm
12-06-2002, 01:51 AM
I stopped counting somewhere around the point when I bought my phantom...

Lets just say I've prolly played about 45 times this year... average about 80 bucks day... yah... :(

than the emag was 1200, phantom 325, timmy 325, old mag 575, spyder 70...

:(

oh well :p

paintbattler
12-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

More like white rhino and Bengal tiger.
nah he justs saves his lunch money for weeks and weeks and weeks and earns it :D. he is a bright chold :p

Devil
12-08-2002, 10:14 AM
well...put it this way...I took out a loan for my gun...and I'll be paying on it for 6 more months...that doesn't account for ANY of the accesories...clothes...or paint...etc...

but...since I just signed a lease for a house...my new thing will be ref+ref=play...ref+ref=play....you get the idea...not to mention my two other jobs...hehe...this next year should prove to be fun!