PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Diablo matrix?

A.T.S
12-05-2002, 08:10 PM
I just learned how they work It is a cool design.
How do they perform? What are your impressions?

EsPo
12-05-2002, 08:15 PM
ooo. matricies are soo nice, i would suggest checking out www.pigtv.net one of the videos from 2000 has an interview of the guys who made it, it looks really nice.. i wish i had enough for one.

A.T.S
12-05-2002, 08:43 PM
I just did s search and found that most people say they are gass hogs. Is an Imp. a better gun?

Crazy
12-05-2002, 10:59 PM
new FF matrix, over a case on a 68/45 fill, hows that for a gas hog? and any normal matrix will be very efficent with a bolt kit and a trinity.

oneshot
12-06-2002, 12:28 AM
They rock, not that bad on gas if you get a bolt kit, trinity is a must, no kick , excellent trigger,

the new Free Flows are going to be sweet.

blnk162
12-06-2002, 12:38 AM
the trauma matrix is probably the all around best gun on the market....

extremely efficent, accurate like woah, fast like you cant describe(tommyguns), nice milling, an ace, and awesome awesome support from pro paintball

flatacid
12-06-2002, 02:06 AM
ive played with my friends matrix many times. i really like them. this is a stock matrix though. i would buy one, but i got an rt-pro.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-06-2002, 02:18 AM
over a case on a 68/45 Fill? Are you on drugs? There is no way on gods green earth a Matrix can get over a case on a 68/45 Fill. You're going to have to prove to me somehow you can quadruple the amount of shots per fill over a normal off the shelf plain matrix. Aardvark himself will tell you that you're lucky if you get 1200-1400 shots off a 68/45 fill. Sorry, I'm not believing that..did WAS help improve the efficiency in the Matrix board for FF?

A.T.S
12-06-2002, 02:54 AM
Wow the threads I found in the search were about one year old and it seamed that the majority of people did not like the matrix. I guess a lot can change in a year. How much does it cost for the "bolt kit and trinity" What is a trinity? Does the Matrix work well in the cold? Will it run on C02 as well as an imp? If you were looking an electro pneumatic marker that could run on C02 and hpa, what would be your choice? If you had 700-800 to spend on an electro pneumatic gun, what would be your first choice?

Paintballer86
12-06-2002, 03:39 PM
I myself dont really care for REGULAR matrix's but wouldnt mind getting one. Image MAtrix's on the ohter hand are HOT. :D

Automaggin2
12-06-2002, 05:21 PM
Yes, the only problem with the matrix is the air effiency. If your that worried about air, then GET OUT OF PAINTBALL! Wow, you get 7-800 shots froma 68/45 rather then 1200, thats why we have a little thing called AN AIR PASS. I can see a back player be worried about it, but a normal rec player, front or mid player shouldnt worry.

yeahthatsme
12-06-2002, 10:06 PM
i shot a tequila matrix once.... niiiice, i liked it better then the dark ir3 i shot once.... the trigger and over-all feel of the gun was amazing. i would get one if i didnt like my mag so much:p

SirOssis
12-06-2002, 10:16 PM
Matrices are sweet. Not as big of gas hogs as people make it out to be. Another point people knock the matrix for is they say its hard to maintain and eats orings, well I've only had to replace 1 oring between my two matrices all summer and maintainence consists of popping out the spool from time to time to lube it up.

Bolt Kit ~$115
Trinity ~$45-55

The Trinity(or the PBC LPR) is a low pressure reg on the front of the gun that..well not sure about the mechanics of how it works but it prevents ball chops(like lvl10 you could say).

Imp vs Matrix... well lets just say my Imp has many layers of dust on it

A.T.S
12-06-2002, 11:44 PM
So, a good matrix setup with bolt kit and trinity would cost about $800? That would put it in the same price category as e-mag and within 100 bucks of a GZ Timmy and an angel. Which of these markers would you prefer? Why?

flatacid
12-07-2002, 01:50 AM
ats. you pretty much have the same post count as me. :)

and that last question is hard for me. ive never shot an emag. but ive shot and played with a timmy, and matrix. the matrix is on the heavy side. timmys are kool, but basically, a highly glamorized bushmaster. and i don't really like angels. if i had money for an electro, it would be between a matrix, or a timmy. i would probably lean toward the matrix though. and i get free air, so its not a problem.

kman
12-07-2002, 02:19 AM
I actually just sold my matrix because my level 10 automag shoots so well. Alot easier to maintain to, you just drop oil in it. It's all I need.

grw4w34
12-07-2002, 02:25 AM
the dumbest thing i ever did was sell my matrix... i loved that thing

blnk162
12-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
over a case on a 68/45 Fill? Are you on drugs? There is no way on gods green earth a Matrix can get over a case on a 68/45 Fill. You're going to have to prove to me somehow you can quadruple the amount of shots per fill over a normal off the shelf plain matrix. Aardvark himself will tell you that you're lucky if you get 1200-1400 shots off a 68/45 fill. Sorry, I'm not believing that..did WAS help improve the efficiency in the Matrix board for FF?

Trauma Matrix buddy.....They mill out something on the inside.....they shot 8 pods on 2000psi.....

DiRTyBuNNy
12-07-2002, 02:29 PM
I guess you know nothing about Matrices (which is the correct English word for the plural of Matrix)buddy, because if you drill something out you're going to increase the chamber but you're going to drop efficiency hence the whole reason for the shocktech delrin sleeve which made the bolt air chamber smaller therefore slighly increasing efficency. Do your homework next time, don't just read a manufacturers webpage verbatim.

big E kingpin
12-07-2002, 02:38 PM
well i know nothing about the matrix. i do know the emag is my maker of choice, i just set mine to 20 bps ful auto last night, and was shooting down feild with a real tight grouping. i say emag

blnk162
12-07-2002, 02:51 PM
I guess you know nothing about Matrices (which is the correct English word for the plural of Matrix)buddy, because if you drill something out you're going to increase the chamber but you're going to drop efficiency hence the whole reason for the shocktech delrin sleeve which made the bolt air chamber smaller therefore slighly increasing efficency. Do your homework next time, don't just read a manufacturers webpage verbatim.

whatever dont believe me, wait till you see one at your field

elpimpo
12-07-2002, 03:53 PM
anything that comes with a huge bag of replacement orings can not be a good thing

steveg
12-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Gee there's so much wrong here I don't know were to begin
but I'll try
anything that comes with a huge bag of replacement orings can not be a good thing

what? the automag doesn't need o-rings?! mags come with
a bag of o-rings too.

Dirty you really should not act so superior for someone who
is so completely WRONG! efficiency increases in the matrix
have come from first and foremost (1) a change to the
bolt valve timing to stop air wasteage (2) a change to
the chip programming to reduce bolt open time that again
reduce air wastage, just like the mag the matrix dump chamber is larger that needed.

last and for the information of those that are unaware, the
latest LCD model already has the "bolt kit" as standard
leaving only the lpr as a good but not mandatory upgrade.

House
12-07-2002, 08:33 PM
DiRTyBuNNy--how about looking around pbnation, or paintballcity. I hate when people say it just isn't so. It isn't just milling out the internals, it is opening the second gas chamber (normaly left closed, but is there to make the gun look symetrical) to deliver a more efficent air path to the bolt...thus better efficency! How about being more open to other guns rather than just saying "it isn't so". Yes the timmy is a very good gun and efficent. Don't let the fact that another gun will be just as fast, and more efficent scare you. I did my homework. I'm not trying to flame here...just getting out the truth. My next gun will be the matrix lcd.

The trix has a lot of o-rings, but there few active o-rings. Most rebuilds (enough to make the bolt work again) is only 3 o-rings.

Later

House
Team Gonzo
www.gonzopaintball.com

Ultimator
12-07-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by kman
I actually just sold my matrix because my level 10 automag shoots so well. Alot easier to maintain to, you just drop oil in it. It's all I need. ... No. heh whatever floats your boat.

I'd get an Impulse. They run good on Co2 if you get an anti-siphon and you can get all kinds of goodies to make it really air efficient ... mucho shots off of a 68/45 or big ole co2 tank with a good LPR. They also make frames for it that you can take down to like .2 mm if you like a short trigger. I suggest checking them out www.impulseownersgroup.com

Ityl
12-07-2002, 11:43 PM

You say something isn't possible just because you don't wanna believe, not that you have any proof. That right there is dumb. It's one thing to say, "I'll believe it when I see it", but to just attack and insult without any proof is just stupid.

I think the Matrix is an awesome gun. Even with a bolt kit, the efficiency isn't all that great though. That's it's only fault. Also the FF "Trinity" mod seemed to work better than the actually trinity. The bolt pressure could be turned down farther. And this is all from experience, not speculation.

thevilduk
12-08-2002, 01:42 PM
my friend just reciently purchased one. He spent aboot 1200 dollars on it. He can get off 20 bps but he can only do that for so long because he will run out of air. Ya the efficency is not that good but its still a sweet gun. Hehe... he got LCD, it says "pow" when you pull the trigger and it has an alarm when you try to change the serial number.

Overall a sweet gun

EnderWigginPballin
12-08-2002, 02:44 PM
Matrices are insanely fast, nice barrel makes it (and anything else for that matter) very accurate.
I remember Rob Staudinger saying that they were getting like 7 pods and a hopper (or close to that) off of a 68/4500.

which is about 1160 assuming they were 140 round pods and they started with apprx. 180 in the hopper.

if you're concerned get an 88/4500 or stop shooting so much.

they're great guns, but so are virtually ever other high end gun out there.