PDA

View Full Version : Short Stroking

Wierd-Guy
12-05-2002, 08:12 PM
What happens to a mag when it "short-strokes"?

I can't afford a Level 10 until Jan-Feb (Holiday season is my only hope). Any advice on to Short Stroke it as less as possable?

cheetah256
12-05-2002, 08:24 PM
pull the trigger all the way, release all the way...not much to it..

hitech
12-05-2002, 08:31 PM
On a 'mag it's the release that is important. make sure you release the trigger completely. :D

petefol
12-05-2002, 09:03 PM
dont worry too much about it, the trigger pull on a mag is short enought that you shouldn't shortstroke unless you really try

mrbrutal
12-06-2002, 11:47 AM
I think when you short stroke, you don't get the full amount of air going into the system. The PT spacers help alot with short stroking but if you're getting LX forget about the spacers cuz the carriers replace the spacers

digitard
12-06-2002, 12:13 PM
When you short stroke you dont push the trigger in/out all the way, all you have to do is gas up your gun sometimes with no paint/hopper and just start practicing hitting the trigger and releasing it fully and you'll start to just naturally do it .... then you wont short stroke.

Sincerely,
Dave K

TheTramp
12-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Wierd-Guy
What happens to a mag when it "short-strokes"?

Generaly it chops a paintball in the breach. This sucks but once you learn the Mag's trigger you shouldn't short stroke too often.

I'd practice dry firing it at home till you can get a good rate of fire without any short strokes. You can tell when you've short stroked by the difference in sound. It should be fairly obvious if you are listening for it.

Most people have issues with the trigger pull when they first get a Mag. There are those who claim they never did but you'll have to take that up with them. :D

Dayspring
12-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Has nothing to do with that...

Originally posted by mrbrutal
I think when you short stroke, you don't get the full amount of air going into the system. The PT spacers help alot with short stroking but if you're getting LX forget about the spacers cuz the carriers replace the spacers

hardr0ck68
12-06-2002, 01:24 PM
have you replaced anything in the marker with aftermarker toys?? after market valves (z-valve, reactor valve) often lighten the trigger a lil but cause alot of short stroking issues. if you have changed the frame or trigger rod length that will also cause short stroking. the trigger rod NEEDS to be about the thickness of a credit card behind the trigger at the triggers most forward point. to close will cause short stroking issues to far (up to 2 or 3 times the thickness of a credit card) is ushally fine just a lil more slack in the trigger. The Rod comes from AGD adjusted so dont try and "tune" or "do a trigger jod" by messin with it, you will only make yourself hate your mag...alot a ground or seriously worn sear/bolt will cause an issue, but thats rare cause the bolt and sear will last for years under normal use. if you have attempted to alter the sear if bolt lip (where the sear catches) then yeah that will cause more problems. if you run a search all this info is easy to find. when you short stroke whats happening is the sear isnt being alowed far enough forward to open the on/off all the way. the easiest ways to avoid it are to train your finger, dont alter parts, or but a electronic frame/retro (you can still short stroke a retro...but you hafta be tryin!!! its not an easy thing to do)
wow i wrote a book...:p