PDA

View Full Version : Proconnect, Flatline and Macroline

Shirow
12-06-2002, 08:13 AM
Here is my dilemma:

I just bought a 68/4500 flatline and it's connected to my marker via macroline. I also bought a cheap ($25) proconnect that refuses to stop leaking from the side that holds pressure. So, in order to get my marker running, I just hooked up all the macroline directly and connected my tank.

However, with this setup, even if I shoot out 'all' the air there is still 400psi or so behind the level 10.

So my question is.. is it safe to leave my marker with some pressure in it 24 hours a day for a short period of time? I'm going to get one of the good ($50?) proconnects and hope this one doesn't leak, but until I do my marker is permanently holding pressure.

I can't see any lasting damage coming from this, but I just wanted to check.

Shirow
12-06-2002, 10:10 AM
Anyone?

Xerces
12-06-2002, 10:13 AM
just get a $15 slide check.

LittMag
12-06-2002, 10:49 AM
holding pressure shouldn't be a problem, the minimag I got was holding about 500 psi for about 5 years and no problems at all.

-Litt

dcmander
12-06-2002, 10:58 AM
Yah, get a slidecheck if you are using macroline. Macroline is easy to disconnect. People usually use proconnects if they have SS because you can't disconnect SS w/o a quickdisconnect/proconnect.

I guess to drain the marker of all the pressure you could shoot all the pressure out couldn't you? You could with my bushy, not sure about mags. Haven't owned one that long though :) :D

ogre55
12-06-2002, 11:10 AM
The Level 10 bolt acts like a cork and holds a lot of pressure in, even after there is not enough pressure to actuate the marker.

A slide check is a good idea. I prefer proconnects only b/c I have myself hitting the slide check during a game and degassing the marker in the middle of a firefight. Much harder to do with a proconnect.

As for good prices on proconnects, I think 888painball has them for $42

Ogre

Shirow
12-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Well, I have a 'proconenct' but it's a cheap one ($25) and it seems to leak. You think a slidecheck is sufficient? I kinda like proconnects but I guess a slidecheck would work too.

I'm assuming for the time being that leaving it gassed up is no issue though?

Now my next problem is.. how to degas it when I want to install my new proconnect ;)

12-06-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by dcmander
Yah, get a slidecheck if you are using macroline. Macroline is easy to disconnect. People usually use proconnects if they have SS because you can't disconnect SS w/o a quickdisconnect/proconnect.

I guess to drain the marker of all the pressure you could shoot all the pressure out couldn't you? You could with my bushy, not sure about mags. Haven't owned one that long though :) :D

be wary of using macroline as a quick disconnect, it will become worn over time, i have had a flying 114ci tank put 2 deep gashes in my back because the macroline fittings rip out.

Shirow
12-06-2002, 02:41 PM
I don't.. that's why I want to use a proconnect. But I need to use my gun tonight, and if I do, it willbe left with at least 400psi of pressure sitting in it behind level 10.

TheTramp
12-06-2002, 04:28 PM
That left-over pressure isn't going to hurt anything.

I will be a pain in the neck getting it out safely when you want to put on the proconect. I think several people have sugessted backing your valve out very slowly and leting it vent out the on/off. There is aparently a way to do this without having the on/off pin shoot across the room.

Shirow
12-06-2002, 04:48 PM
I'll probably just chop the macroline in half I guess.. I have enough spare. Rather blow a fitting or the macro than snap my on/off.