PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the AGD video, question?

FalconGuy016
12-06-2002, 09:55 AM
Hey
I just watched the manual/mantienece video and I thought it was pretty cool :) seeing all those old things in progress is really neat, especially the nitro and the viewloader revy prototype. But I was wondering, do I have to take apart the gun that fully everytime I clean the gun? He takes every little oring and spring out of the whole gun, but he made a lot of references to how c02 wears the parts out and thats why you should take it apart. So if you have air there shouldnt be a problem? I dont really want to do that to my new <A href="http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59139">FIRST MAG</a>:):) all the time, so what do you guys do?

Thanks

Xerces
12-06-2002, 10:14 AM
to clean it, i just field strip it, make sure there is no paint or shells stuck anywhere, and oil the valve.

Skoad
12-06-2002, 11:09 AM
I don't really take apart the valve, but i do disasemble the body from the rail, the rail from the frame...just to get paint off the sear and out from behind the trigger if its there, then whipe everything off and oil ;)

FalconGuy016
12-06-2002, 01:17 PM
thanks, im glad to hear it

MantisMag
12-06-2002, 06:01 PM
you generally don't have to take it apart that much unless there's a problem, like air leakage. usually all you have to do to fix it is replace some o-rings which you'll see during the full dissassembly done during the video.