PDA

View Full Version : Strange email from webmaster@automags.org

Restola
12-06-2002, 12:17 PM
Just wanted to give you a headsup I received a strange email from "webmaster@automags.org". The Subject was "Honey", and there was no visible message.

I've been receiving a lot of strange emails like that recently, about once a week for the last 3-4 months, and some of them have turned out to be viruses or poor attempts at viruses.

But just letting you know.

digitard
12-06-2002, 12:18 PM
If it was between 124 and 148k about then it was probably that cheesy virus going around .... no biggie, it just emails other people using your email alias.

Sincerely,
Dave

spazzed
12-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Klez. <---The Great Satan.

DiRTyBuNNy
12-06-2002, 01:03 PM
my office still cannot rid itself of Klez..it's like a cold..it just comes and it goes..

cphilip
12-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Oh well Webby emails me all the time calling me "Honey". Thats not so strange! ;) :D

synreal
12-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Oh well Webby emails me all the time calling me "Honey". Thats not so strange! ;) :D
and i thought i was his only snugglebear...that slut ;)

Fred
12-06-2002, 01:56 PM
I've gotten similar messages... i just check the size before I open anything... anything in that range gets dumped right quick...

I got smacked a couple months back though... didn't have the virus-scan updated... and got my C drive screwed...

---Fred

omni
12-06-2002, 02:26 PM
I Get thins like that all the time, I don't know if its me or them or what ...

I get ones like

This is my New game I wish you would enjoy it lol
Honey
Hello This is my website I wish you would enjoy it ...
This is a WinXP patch I hope you would like it.
Lets be friends

oldsoldier
12-06-2002, 03:40 PM
I got one from Warpig. Didnt open it, but sent out an email to Bill Mills. The title of the email was Salt lake City. I was like "are you sending me somewhere?". Hi reply, of course, was that it was probably a virus that sent everyone. Oh, well, delete and move on. My pc is probably infected with a thoudand of them anyway.