PDA

View Full Version : gasing up rt

anthraxxx
12-06-2002, 12:18 PM
I have new rt valve in my mini mag frame. shoots like a charm. i have a question about gassing up though(btw i have a preset pmi which works like a charm). after searching the forum it seems as though you should gas up like the you would on a 68, that is hold the trigger back, screw tank in and let go after the valve is pressurized. when i do this with the rt though the marker with fire, usually twice and then the sear will catch and then everything is normal, meaning i let go of the trigger, no leaks, can go out and play. why is it firing when i gas up, even though the trigger being held back? obviously air is getting through even though the on/off should be off. is this normal? is this an indication of something that can progress to bigger problems down the line? so far everything else is working fine, aside from the weird gas up 'events'.

thanks all

toymyster
12-06-2002, 01:18 PM
I never hold my trigger when gassing up!! Every once in a while, my Retro used to fire once upon gassing up, I took apart the on/off, cleaned and oiled the on/off assembly, and it hasn't done it since!! Hope this helps!!

justinellery
12-06-2002, 04:02 PM
I never hold mine back either and have never had a problem.