PDA

View Full Version : Can you spot markers just from the noise they make?

JanStah
08-28-2001, 06:59 AM
Hi,

I'm a bit bored at work, and I got thinking about all the different sounds that markers make and how it's quite easy to tell, just from the sound, what gun is shooting at you.

Here are some examples:

Angels make a 'Crack! Crack! Crack!' noise. quite loud and short.

Cockers make a fast 'Click-Fap! Click-Fap!' sound.

Mags make a reasonably boring 'Crunch, Crunch, Crunch' noise.

Shockers make a whirry-grindy 'Fthhh, Fthhh, Fthhh!'

Tippman98s (especially worn Site guns), make a cool 'Clang! Clang! Clang!' sound.

I cant be the only one who can tell them apart just on sound.
Does anyone else know any cool Marker noises?

paintballrulzs
08-28-2001, 07:06 AM
yep what else can i hear. HM how bout a talon you hear nothin! hb/c it doesn't shoot! j/k. Most raptors have a distinct clang noise. Metal hits metal

Whisky
08-28-2001, 07:17 AM
Yes for most of them. Well the ones i am use to hear.

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

Jacob
08-28-2001, 07:21 AM
Me thinks that everyone who has been playing for more than a few months knows that "full auto" noise that Tippmanns make when the run low on CO2. Boy, do you get lit up when they here your gun doing that http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
He who dies with the most toys...

-§on-
08-28-2001, 08:19 AM
Yeah I can tell the markers apart Ecspecaily shockers though. My firend has one and all you hear is Sphhph,Sphhph,Sphhph. It's weird, it ticks me off after a while too. Cockers are Easy to pick out I think. Mags its a little harder but I can usally pic one outa the crowd. I could with XspyX's mag when he had his half SS AA. It made a Ping, Ping, Ping nosie. With his Boomsick it makes a werid swooshing noise.

------------------
Aim: TacticalJay
Email: [email protected]
EMAG WITH:
Blue Warp Feed
Blue 12 Volt
68ci 3000psi Stub
Lapco Bigshot
12 inch Splashed red AA
Kapp DZII
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

slayer
08-28-2001, 08:23 AM
stock tippmans sound almost like a real gun going off. At least the one my friend was renting. Man, was that thing loud.

mykroft
08-28-2001, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I find Angels and cockers easiest, shockers are hard to hear off the speed court, and mags have that distinctive ping if used with an aluminum back barrel. Spyders and point zero's are easie to tell when they run out of air, can you say 'Gun Fart'. Tippman RT's are pretty distinct too.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

rickiweb
08-28-2001, 08:56 AM
I think like everybody that played for a little while , it is easy just by the sound to know which kind of gun it is . Not for all of them , more for the ones that players use a lot on the field like mag , cocker , tipman , spider , angel ....they just don`t have a similar sound.

Yama
08-28-2001, 09:19 AM
rainmakers are the loudest, sound like a shotgun goin off.

Dubstar112
08-28-2001, 09:22 AM
angel.. wiffff!!!!

m98 with vortex 20 incher(overkill)- puwiff

my mag with 8 inch mini barrel- pop-ping!

spyder se out of paint will spudder... f/a

cocker- wwwoosh whiff click... lol

MikeCouves
08-28-2001, 12:19 PM
My friends Mag is like fif fif fif fif. It's really quiet. My Spyder that I sold recently goes dink dink dink dink. That could have been from the co2 tank or the bolt hitting the end where the tube gets smaller.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Elves...they do it all

fenris69
08-28-2001, 01:01 PM
you want loud? my splatmaster rapide sounds like a pistol going off...but i think the velocity is a wee bit high at the moment.

spyderkiller
08-28-2001, 06:09 PM
Yeah I'll be playing in a big game and I'll be going through the woods and I'll hear a big fire fight break out and I'll be like "cocker at 2 oclock". I find it very simple to decifer the different sounds different markers make.

MagMan5446
08-28-2001, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I can tell what kind of marker it is, what barrel is on it, what color that marker is, what tank that it has, and even what drop forward it has on.

------------------
"A Hungarian mob realized that to be in power, you didn't need money, guns, or even numbers. All you need was the will to do what the other guy wouldn't. When they come in power, they go after Soze. They break into his house, and Soze comes home to find his wife and his kids screaming. Soze then showed them what will really was..."

-Verbal Kint

The Usual Suspects

MagShooter
08-28-2001, 06:36 PM
It's quite easy to tell the different sounds the different markers make apart. I've been playing so long I can tell NOT ONLY what kind of drop, etc the gun has on it..but what color underwear the shooter is wearing along with where he got his cleats, just by the sound of the gun.

Linkin
08-28-2001, 06:45 PM
Yama,
Rainmakers are a shotgun going off! LOL
You just pull the trigger, and literally spray the oponent with paint! LOL

------------------
"Shut up when I'm talk'n to you!" -Linkin Park

"Give me an inch, I'll give you a bruise." -Andy Kopcok; Team Image

[This message has been edited by Linkin (edited 08-28-2001).]

Zumina
08-28-2001, 07:45 PM
'Mags all make an incredibly loud THUG THUG THUG noise.

Vil3
08-28-2001, 11:06 PM
yeah i can tell the difference angel is like a quiet fart dub dub dub noise. Mags have a little cling crunch noise. Cockers go chika chika chika chika when they shoot cant tell shockers that well and tippman with rt's are just to noticable

FeelTheRT
08-28-2001, 11:06 PM
well i can just tell diff between blowbacks, mags, and cockers. Angel, Bushies, Imps, ect all ahve similar sounds.

magman007
08-28-2001, 11:44 PM
now to me a mag running on compressed air has a clickching noise all at once its like clickching clickching clickching fro a 3 shjot burst, it kinda sounds like a benchy 2x with no gas

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

woody 2
08-29-2001, 01:02 PM
sounds to me that everyone gun that has been upgraded all make relatively different noises due to bolts, barrels, triggers, and tanks.

Muzikman
08-29-2001, 11:58 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Me thinks that everyone who has been playing for more than a few months knows that "full auto" noise that Tippmanns make when the run low on CO2. Boy, do you get lit up when they here your gun doing that</font>

No, but in the old days with Vm68's they made the same sound when they run out of air. The trick was to hold the cocking knob as you pull the trigger. In doing this, the gun would act and sound like it was out of air. People would run up on you, you pull the coking knob back and shoot them. It was always a great trick. Now I don't own a Tippmann or a Spyder, but I assume you can make them do the same thing.

------------------
Jason "Muzikman" Beam

68 Automag
68 Automag (Pumpmag) w/ 6-Pak+
Automag RT
Sydarm

http://www.pittsburgh-music.com/paintball