PDA

View Full Version : a cocker perhaps?

Timex
08-29-2001, 10:08 AM
ok, i know diddly squat abou cockers except that theyre closed bolts...you can do lots a pretty upgrades to em and you gas it up and pull the trigger and that blocky thing in the back comes flying out at you http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif so anyway, heres my question. There is this kid at my field who has a 200 autocker...well, he messed it up so it hasnt seen much action, when i look downt he feed tube i can see the bolt exposed a little farther than it should be and i know thats causing the problem, hes done some upgrades ot it, not sure what and hes got a new barrel for it, would the problem be too hard to fix? because i can take the gun off his hands for 250-300 dollars and i sure would like to have a cocker to tinker with and be a backup to my mag

BOOT
08-29-2001, 10:23 AM
It sounds like all you have to do is turn out the cocking rod (moving the bolt more to the rear of the marker when the marker is cocked).

Most of the problems with cockers not working is related to people "adjusting the timing" when they really don't know what they are doing.

Generally speaking cockers are reliable providing you don't mess with it (unless you know what you are doing) and keep it well lubricated (which you should do with any marker).

My advice would be "buyer beware". If he can't get it fixed, take it to your local paintball shop to get it fixed. I wouldn't buy a marker that isn't working.

Hope this helps a bit.

C¥borg
08-29-2001, 10:45 AM
That's very easy to fix. You will have to unscrew the cocking rod (the little rod that goes through the back block) and remove the tiny allen screw inside of it (if it's stock) and start adjusting, you will need to bring it back a bit, you will want to have it so the bolt comes just barely beehind the feed tube, you don't want any of it visible though, that leads to chopping.

If you need more info go to www.paintballravi.com (http://www.paintballravi.com) This is probably the best site for cocker tech and he has some good articles on a lot of guns.

C¥borg
08-29-2001, 10:49 AM
oh yeah...

He's charging to much, unless he has all the front pneumatics replaced with a new inline reg and a new rame it's not worth that much, I'd say $200 to $250 is reasonable. I can find cockers at the price on E-bay all the time. There are so many out there that they have very little resale value unless the have some nice milling and anodizing.

Zumina
08-29-2001, 01:20 PM
I don't think they even sell at that price. Most automag and autococker owners attempt to get top dollar for their mostly stock guns ($350+), but they usually end up settling for around $200. What's up with the resale value of paintball guns????

magman007
08-29-2001, 02:01 PM
Wow that is low! i got 270 for my stock automag, all it had was a barrel and bottomline that was it! oh and it was powerfeed

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

FeelTheRT
08-29-2001, 11:43 PM
yep, very simple, just unscrew the cocking rod and pull the bolt out. After you have done so, unscrew the back block out one loop out of the pump arm and try. If it's still to far up, keeping unscrewing it untill when you u pull the back block back all the way, u can't see the bolt.