PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball Pay-per-View

spazzed
12-06-2002, 08:51 PM
LeopardHead has asked if those of you who are renting the PPV Sunday to stop by the chatroom either before or after you watch it.... I'm trying to find out a timeframe of when he'll be there. I'll post more info as I get it ;)

If you can't make the chat but still caught the PPV, post your thoughts in here....

*edit* Thanks to whoever stuck this up here ;)

leopardhead
12-06-2002, 09:21 PM
since most of you are gonna watch 7pm Chicago time

I'll jump in then (5pm PST)

thanks Spazzed

spazzed
12-06-2002, 11:32 PM
NP bud ;) :cool:

ICOM
12-06-2002, 11:36 PM
so 8 est time?

datapimp69
12-06-2002, 11:49 PM
well,

synreal,fred,potatoboy and wyn1370

will be at my house watching it, and i have a computer next to the big screen

so maybe we will drop into the chat room around then.

edit...

what am i thinking i'll be WATCHING it...

how about making it an after movie party??

Tyger
12-07-2002, 12:10 AM
Anyone have the link to the PPV site for time and other info? Local cable isn't hyping this at all...

-Tyger (Who wants to know if he got seen...)

pbguy888
12-07-2002, 10:58 AM
ok its on the 8th right? And is it on in deamand? I dont see it...

deathstalker
12-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Tyger
Anyone have the link to the PPV site for time and other info? Local cable isn't hyping this at all...

Just go to www.indemand.com and click "Listings". IT will ask you for your zip code and to confirm your cable provider and then it'll provide you with PPV listings. The first showing is at 7 PM and then it's on again at 10.

JT2002
12-07-2002, 11:33 AM
anyone know if it will be on cablevision?

pbguy888
12-07-2002, 12:00 PM
ok I got a question... On my digital TV info for it , its says " TV MA From Joliet , lll. " Does anybody know what the heck that means and why its rated Mature Adult?

JT2002
12-07-2002, 12:43 PM
who listens to those ratings anyways! its prob cause the see people "shooting" other ppl so they say MA so that parents dont let their kiddies watch it and then look at the screen and see "shooting" stuff

anyone know if it will be on cablevision in ny!

leopardhead
12-07-2002, 03:12 PM
It's rated MA because of some foul language "That F***in hurt"

Esp. Mancow "Let shove it all the way up Shatner's a** and break it off"

I figure some people will want to chat before during and after

I'll try to be in the chat room all that time.

leopardhead
12-07-2002, 03:25 PM
You can really OD on Shatner this sunday.

NBC at 7pm has the Hollywood Christmas parade and Shatner is in that
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/12_days/

Of course the Spplat PPV
8pm EST and 11pm EST
http://www.indemand.com/moviesandevents/viewProduct.jsp?prodId=7305&page_sectionId=2

and E! has Shatner's true Hollywood story
8pm 9pm and 11pm
http://www.eonline.com/On/Holly/Shows/Shatner/index.html?fdmain3

Conqueror
12-07-2002, 03:29 PM
The Spplat PPV made TV Guide this week. There's a little "feature" section on it. I might watch, or I might just wait for the DVD to arrive.

CQ

Prezents
12-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Well I have it ordered, a new vhs tape. Guess I am ready to go!!!!!!

Now when was it?????

TooDamnSweet
12-07-2002, 07:56 PM

Where you the guy in the tiger suit with the ears and the tail? If so, you're on the DVD! I believe they got you talking to the camera man about your tail and then there was another shot of you sliding down the hill during the final battle.....

Hey Spazzed, You Da Man! (#2) :D

spazzed
12-07-2002, 09:16 PM
I think you're right TDS....

Thanks! But how 'bout #1 1/2? :D

Tyger
12-08-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by TooDamnSweet

Where you the guy in the tiger suit with the ears and the tail? If so, you're on the DVD! I believe they got you talking to the camera man about your tail and then there was another shot of you sliding down the hill during the final battle.....

Umm... yeah! :) cool! They did find me! Cool!

NEXT year, I think I'll make a more concious effort to be seen. This time, I was kinda working it for PGI. (See PGI for the review!) See, I played for all 3 teams, and it wasn't easy to change costumes on the fly like that...

But, lemme tell ya, playing on the Borg was the most entertaining. Just wish I coul dhave gotten in on a few more of the major attacks, and not just in the one push into Armageddon. I ended up crawling the woodline, getting RIGHT into the enemy stronghold by using a pile of railroad ties like a big Sup-Air Snake... THAT was fun!

I'll see it tomorrow night. Need to set is all up now...

-Tyger (See sig!)

AGD
12-08-2002, 04:06 AM
Tyger,

You will be VERY pleased to see that you got what amounts to a cameo appearance! You are going to love it, call your friends.

AGD

56kSomeGuy
12-08-2002, 11:58 AM
Could anyone tell me what channel it would be on if you have DSS? I searched throughout all the PPV at 8:00 and didn't see any william shatner splat attack.

JEDI
12-08-2002, 12:32 PM
56k- I wondered the same thing. I dont think direct tv customers can get it, or dss customers. This if from the FAQs page fron iN demand: Can you get iN DEMAND with a satellite dish or Direct TV?
No, iN DEMAND is not available via Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS).

If this is not the case, or any one has any info for us satelite users please let us know.

cphilip
12-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Nope! Sorry but us Digital People cannot get it. Both Dish Network or Direct TV are not the iN DEMAND provided PPV... Our "Pay Per View" is not the same as these peoples PPV. Its a cable TV thing it seems. I didn't realise that till just now. But Jedi is right.

It says:

"Can you get iN DEMAND with a satellite dish or Direct TV?"

"No, iN DEMAND is not available via Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS)."

So we are outa luck it seems.

56kSomeGuy
12-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Well guess i have to buy the DVD then...

deathstalker
12-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 56kSomeGuy
Well guess i have to buy the DVD then...
You mean you haven't already? ;)

Sweet! It's only $9.95 plus any fees or taxes you normally pay. My roomate has to watch The Soprano's tonight so I'm waiting until the 10:00 show. We've got other TV's, but I have to watch it on the big screen and tape it with the best VCR we own. Basically, it's costing me less than $40 to watch the PPV and own the DVD (and trading cards). Well worth it, IMO.

There are numerous showings, according to my cable guide; probably at least a dozen during the next week. It also only takes up a 90-minute slot.

Tyger
12-09-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Tyger,

You will be VERY pleased to see that you got what amounts to a cameo appearance! You are going to love it, call your friends.

Well, I got the tape here, becaus eI was playing paintball down in Rockford. :)

I'm amazed! I got a speaking role! WOO HOO!

Now I just wish the "quickie" of me on the borg team was more legible... I can't find anythng from me ont eh Klingon team either... :) Yes, I played on all 3 teams, loyal to the team I was on at the time!

WAY cool! NOW I need to get the DVD!

-Tyger (Who just earned his sig image!)

manike
12-09-2002, 06:19 AM
How do I get the DVD in the UK? Anyone want to help hook me up?

On that point I take it the DVD will work anywhere and isn't regional? ;) I have a multiregion player but was just wondering...

manike

wyn1370
12-09-2002, 08:30 AM
hey simon, I'll trade you a copy of the DVD for my hat.

JEDI
12-09-2002, 08:35 AM
Hey man, I'd be happy to order one for you. I placed my pre order from Shatners site, and should have it sometime this week after the 10th. It came to $28. with like 2nd day shipping. If you'd like me to get a second one, let me know. Only problem is I have no use for British pounds you wankers use:D. Let me know, and we'll work something out

spazzed
12-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Tyger, you're one lucky mofo ;)

I think I sasw myself once, but I'm not sure... However, I do remember one scene where there's a dead-on back shot of Transman. I was right beside him and they didn't get me :mad:

Manike, I just checked my DVD & I can't find any Region info, so I'm assuming it is Multi-regional...

Jedi, it's Euro's now! If you're gonna make fun of their pathetic currenct, atleast call it by it's name!
;)

manike
12-09-2002, 12:05 PM
Don't worry about me guys, I just ordered it from Amazon.com, thanks for the idea Wyn. Now we shall see if it works when it turns up :)

Oh I also got the life works of Monty Python :) since for some insane reason you can only buy it in the states!

Originally posted by spazzed
Jedi, it's Euro's now! If you're gonna make fun of their pathetic currenct, atleast call it by it's name!
;)

Our survey says 'UH HUH'. Jedi is right we still have British Pounds. :D

Thanks for the offers of help guys.

manike

Fred
12-09-2002, 12:10 PM
I saw Wyn, and Tyger, and Thordic, and several others... but not ME! grr..

maybe on the special features on the DVD I show up... I didn't see Manike either.

---Fred :(

leopardhead
12-09-2002, 12:56 PM
Manike

It is a region free dvd but is is also NTSC video

Not sure if that's a problem on your system.

I think it also drives on the right side of the raod. ;-)

DrunkinSeaCaptin
12-09-2002, 01:08 PM
hey is this that one guy

http://dev.williamshatner.com/albums/spplat01/DSCF0091.jpg

manike
12-09-2002, 01:27 PM
Yes DrunkinSeaCaptain that's Tyger :) couldn't you tell by the big ears and tail? hehehe

That's good news leopardhead, it oughta work then... ;)

manike

Tyger
12-09-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
Tyger, you're one lucky mofo ;)

I think I sasw myself once, but I'm not sure... However, I do remember one scene where there's a dead-on back shot of Transman. I was right beside him and they didn't get me :mad:

See, if you had ears and a tail, you'd be able to ID yourself easier! :) Then again, you'd look like me. :)

Actually, what REALLY surprised me is Tom's screen presence. Keep in mind I've got a lot of Tom from '92 when he didn't really speak on camera at a big game, so this was like "Wow!" Granted, since Bill got to narrate it, he got the final say, but Tom held the camera REALLY well! I think he shoulda wrestled MAncow to the ground too, tho.... :)

SeaCaptain : WHERE in the world did you find THAT pic on his site? :) Heh, yeah, that's me. Ok, it's official. Next year, I'm gonna play with the spots all day. :cool: :D :p

-Tyger

DrunkinSeaCaptin
12-09-2002, 03:06 PM
http://dev.williamshatner.com/modules.php?set_albumName=spplat01&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

theres link under you pic is says A Causality

Tyger
12-09-2002, 03:15 PM
CASUALTY!?!?!?!?!?!?

I MADE that spot unmarked!!!

It's when I got into the building and tried to pick my feet back up that I got hit! :) Sheesh!

Actually, the video doesn't mention the guy's name who assasinated Shatner. For the record, it's Jakob "Shatnerkiller" Richards, who I guess is a writer for APG or Paintball mag. His story is in the PGI article, out this month.

-Tyger

DrunkinSeaCaptin
12-09-2002, 03:18 PM
haha that was great i didn't see that coming
Tyger what kinda gun you got?
whats all on it?

Tyger
12-10-2002, 01:16 AM
Going private on this one, for all our sanities. :)

Other news, Bill has been seen at the "Hollywood Sports Park" in California, and rumor is that LAbor Day, 2003, They'll be doing it again THERE, in Cali.

California. Land of the granola people. Fruits, Nuts, Flakes, and nobody's really sure what holds them all together.

I'll be there, I'll figure out a way to pull if off. :)

-Tyger

JJBrookshire
12-10-2002, 03:45 PM
We are still working on the exact location. For now you can get info on the pay per view at http://www.indemand.com/moviesandevents/viewProduct.jsp?page_sectionId=2&prodId=7305

spazzed
12-10-2002, 04:37 PM
<---has the DVD, could care less about PPV!

Hurry up w/ the location JJ!! Somewhere down south would be nice!! :D

datapimp69
12-10-2002, 04:51 PM
JJ..

think hell survivors....

i think is is a good idea to have it in the middle of the country.

makes it fair for both the east and west coast people.

and if you do it there, PARTY at my house......

and simon you still got a place to stay..

spazzed
12-10-2002, 05:05 PM
Any places further south? Not Southsouth, but Kansas, etc...

HoppysMag
12-10-2002, 05:10 PM
hey tyger were you the one guy with a pump? il pump my way with ya next year... i wish i had gone this year.

TooDamnSweet
12-10-2002, 06:44 PM
Going private on this one, for all our sanities. :)

Other news, Bill has been seen at the "Hollywood Sports Park" in California, and rumor is that LAbor Day, 2003, They'll be doing it again THERE, in Cali.

California. Land of the granola people. Fruits, Nuts, Flakes, and nobody's really sure what holds them all together.

I'll be there, I'll figure out a way to pull if off. :)

-Tyger

Yup Yup, Mr. Shatner did play at Hollywood Sports Park. The fan club did an article (http://www.williamshatner.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=102&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) about it on the William Shatner site.

leopardhead
12-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Is Wisconsin the middle of the country?

Team Blitz of Wisconsin sent in an action packed account of Spplat Attack written by their medic. They played for the Feds.

http://www.spplatattack.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=12&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

-------------
sample:

We come across some Redshirts in cover and move past them. I can hear the sound of fire from the Temple and back in the distance. As we move up the Redshirts follow us. John signals and we go low, to our right there is movement. He comes back up, it’s a bunch of Redshirts by the ridge. He waves for them to move forward and they do. The Redshirts with us are making too much noise and talking too loud. John stops and walks over to them.

John: You are with us, do as we do and say nothing. [John turns and walks away.]

Foolish Redshirt: Who put him in charge? [He stops and turns back.]

John: Shut up and listen. You are either with us or against us. You will follow orders or be shot. [He pauses for a moment. ]

John: Blitz. [We all turn our guns on them. ]

John: Do you get the point.

The newbs nod their heads.

datapimp69
12-10-2002, 09:23 PM
Yes,

Wisconsin is in the middle of the country.

its on the left hand side of Lake Michigan.

Fred
12-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Specific location doesn't matter much to me, what matters is that it is at a field that is:

A) big enough for all the players to run amok on.

B) Experienced with Big game format scenarios

C) isn't CPX.

EMR, Skirmish USA, Hell Survivors... anyplace else that routinely runs games with more than 2 thousand players???

---Fred

ogre55
12-11-2002, 09:24 AM
EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR, EMR.

Dayspring
12-11-2002, 10:29 AM
Sorry y'all... But Skirmish is big enough to handle that many people, and does MANY MANY MANY Scenarios. I think it's one of their strongest attributes- besides their judges and fields. ;)

Tyger
12-11-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by leopardhead
Is Wisconsin the middle of the country?

Yes it is, bu tI hate to admit this but there's not much here that can handle what you guys want to do. Paintball Sams in Racine COULD, in theory, but that's all woods.

I hate to admit it, but EMR, Skirmish, & (shiver) SC Village may be better venues. Hell's Survivors has a proven track record, the "Michigan Big Game" gats 1200+ if I'm not mistaken.

-Tyger

datapimp69
12-11-2002, 03:30 PM
i have to clear this up,

the "michigan monstor game"

has Averaged 2500+ for the last 2 years.

they know how to handle a BIG game.

they even have it in with the local army reserves and they come out with the duce and a halfs to help move people around.

and they just built a new LARGE castle this year, with 4 pods of dual A-5 mounted feed by full sized co2 tanks, you just have to put in paint.

i could go on......

Fred
12-11-2002, 05:09 PM
And, they are an hour away from Detroit Metro airport... a major Northwest Hub (ok that's a mixed blessing...).

Their proshop Exotic Sportz is the most professional shop in the metro area IMO, they have A TON of parking, and plenty of room in the new staginig area for the players and vendors.

They aren't biased (read: Owned by BE) and would most likely let just about anyone bring a trailer or set up a tent.

The monster games have been HUGE, and there is always somewhere on the field where there isn't any fighting... and they are expanding!

the shape of the field is much better suited to a multi-team game as well, its pretty much square, not the wierd curve of CPX...

---Fred (can't you tell HSI is only an hour away from me?)

leopardhead
12-11-2002, 08:15 PM
Tyger played on all three teams (three timer!)
and wrote this account:

http://www.spplatattack.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=13&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

SeeK
12-11-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Fred
And, they are an hour away from Detroit Metro airport... a major Northwest Hub (ok that's a mixed blessing...).

Their proshop Exotic Sportz is the most professional shop in the metro area IMO, they have A TON of parking, and plenty of room in the new staginig area for the players and vendors.

They aren't biased (read: Owned by BE) and would most likely let just about anyone bring a trailer or set up a tent.

The monster games have been HUGE, and there is always somewhere on the field where there isn't any fighting... and they are expanding!

the shape of the field is much better suited to a multi-team game as well, its pretty much square, not the wierd curve of CPX...

---Fred (can't you tell HSI is only an hour away from me?)

Sounds like a good location. The only things to resolve from the CPX location are better air fills, more food vendors, and maybe camping?

Doesn't a big game finish about a month before Labor day weekend?

Drgnwyng
12-12-2002, 01:21 AM
I am going with Fred ,data and wyn that hells would be a good place for it not just cuzz its close to home but I have played a Few big games there and I have seen no problems with the way the run things and you cant go wrong with the dual A5 guns on the casle It would be a good place for it but we all know Its not going to happen there is no love for Hell we will have to wait and see where it will be played next year

Fred
12-12-2002, 11:15 AM
There IS camping at HSI... and its about 5-10 minutes to all the local food in Pinkney (McD's, Subway, etc)...

Oh... and they sell just about every brand of paint, for $60 a case...

JJ you readin this??? They HSI owners were at Shatnerball on the Klingon team... maybe you should call them up...

---Fred

Tyger
12-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
hey tyger were you the one guy with a pump? il pump my way with ya next year... i wish i had gone this year.

I thought I was, until I heard that Mrs. Shatner was loaned a pump gun at one point. So someone else out there had to have one... Well, I know a cow borg who had a PGP...

-Tyger

wyn1370
12-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Have Blue was cruising around with his (I think) blue pneumatic assit phatom.

Fred
12-12-2002, 05:16 PM
The Paintball Marshals were playing Pump for Shatner... Ladymarshal had a PGP I think...

a PGP was making the rounds with the Borg Medics... :)

Tattoo played the final battle with a SC Illusion... and a couple of the other BunkerBoyz had pumps too I think...

---Fred

spazzed
12-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Can't forget Jon's duel Sydarm action ;) For that matter the Bazooka (LAW) got stuck with (I think...) :D

Tyger
12-13-2002, 12:34 AM
ok, ok... I didn't see any other pump guns out there, ok? :rolleyes:

Sheesh. I never SAW any other pumpser on the field....

-Tyger