PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Marek
12-06-2002, 09:44 PM
Well, almost done with my primary setup, so nothing to complain there about. AGD has done their job well. But I would like to venture out of the world of Mags and get a different type of gun as a back up. Im looking for something mechanical, and I think a Cocker would be the best choice (if anyone disagrees, plz by all means chime in). I tried one out (briefly) and it was sorta weird, but kinda cool in the end. But anyway, Im just looking for something stock and would like valid opinions on the subject. (which is y im asking AO)

After I find a marker, then i would like to upgrade it slowly, and learn about it as well. Any suggestions on websites that i can go to for info (or if somebody here wants to help me out, thats even better) and upgrades that would beneficial to me?

Again, this is just for my back up that i want to buy, as i luv my SFL way too much. Thanks in advance.

yeahthatsme
12-06-2002, 09:46 PM
cockers arent the best back ups as they can be very tempermental and can develop problems out of nowhere... i would go for like a tippy(rt double trigger and your set) or something electric like a bushy or something....

AcemanPB
12-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Well if you want a tinker/project gun I would recomend a cocker. They can be alot of fun if you know what your doing and have a fat wallet.

I would also suggest a Brass Eagle Rainmaker they are only 100 bucks on pbgear.net (thats a steal!) and those are also great tinker/project gun. I'm assuming you not looking for a true back-up gun but a second project gun. (when is your mag going to go down?)

Marek
12-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Well, good observation, but yea, like a 2nd project gun might be a better name for it. My SFL hasnt let me down yet, so. But anyway, I dont no anything about cockers, and ive heard its a whole can of worms to worry about. But hey, thats half the fun of pball for me, learning about different markers and such.

A BE Rainmaker? Never heard of them. Are they any good?
*Just checked one out on pbgear, they look kinda cheap. I dont no, but something to mess around with and learn is what i want. Well, that and to last the grueling process of trial and error*

So any other ideas?

personman
12-07-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
cockers arent the best back ups as they can be very tempermental and can develop problems out of nowhere
Thats not really true..
Cockers are good, unless you screw with the timing. Then it can be fixed, but you have to spend a *little* time on it to get it back up and running. I wouldnt mind a cocker.. In fact I hope my brother gives his cocker to me when he moves out.. (he is 19 and hasnt played paintball for a year, and before that he hadnt played for like 4 years)
BE Rainmakers Run liek 200-250, you notice pbgear has cheepass prices, but they are out of stock.
They seem like good guns, I dont know much about them but I wouldnt mind one, kevmaster owns one and he is the Webmaster of BEOG.. Contact him and he can tell you lots about rainmakers..

Another option is an ICD BKO (really cheap version of a bushy for like $279)
Or maybe even a Black Dragun LCD, those seem fairly decent.

Quiet
12-07-2002, 09:46 AM
For a project gun I'd definately go cocker. If I ever get my mag just perfect and have money to spare I'll probably look into doing the same.

dropkick1
12-07-2002, 09:55 AM
forget the black dragun, i say get a BKO, i know if i had extra money and a need for a back up i would de pic one of those up.

ken

petefol
12-07-2002, 11:31 AM
you could also get a viking

Marek
12-07-2002, 02:32 PM
Well, would like to have a mechanical marker instead. I have an SFL and a Minimag, and am trying to sell the Mini for something else. Any ideas which cocker would be good to get to learn? I hear its a bear to learn, but thats the nature of the beast. But I know absolutely nothing about cockers, but I do want to learn. Any ideas?