PDA

View Full Version : what kinda packs/harness/pods?

flatacid
12-07-2002, 01:43 AM
i used to use a 4h + tank unique harness when i ran a remote. then i switched to a 4v unique. after playing without a harness for awhile, i move so much easyier without one. but since i got the rt, i have to carry some paint with me now. ive been going out with belt pouchs. just a single 100. i like the mobility i have, but 100 isn't alot.

in short, im looking for something small. something that will either carry 2 100's, or 1 140. and i want to try to stay away from anything like pouchs anymore. there kinda annoying. i was looking at the redz dimensions 2.1. its 2v + 1 loop. they hold 140. thats alot of paint to me to carry on the feild. so im looking for suggestions. this looks like the best setup so far for me though.

thanks.

theraidenproject
12-07-2002, 02:23 AM
I highly reccomend any of the Dimension packs. I have the 4.3, and I was thinking of picking up the 2.1, as well.

AlabamaMan
12-07-2002, 02:44 AM
I highly reccomend any of the Dimension packs.

Me Too i use a 3.2 and i love it. Most of the time i only carry the three podz, there is no reason that i should need more than 450 balls on my back. I just like having the extra 2 incase i'm trigger happy. Also the belt is really comfortable. once agian i love my redz stuff

Jack & Coke
12-07-2002, 02:46 AM
What about for pump? What do you guys use for SC 10 round tubes and 12g CO2 carts?

Load SM5
12-07-2002, 07:45 AM
Dimension packs are great and aas far as tubes go Fat Boys are the best out there.

dropkick1
12-07-2002, 08:18 AM
yeah, redz dimension packs are your best choice, i have had my 3.2 for a year now and it rocks, very comfortable and not to restrictive.

ken

yeahthatsme
12-07-2002, 09:17 AM
redz all the way!!! i have a 4+3 and i can carry it full of paint with no problem. as for tubes, dont go fatboy, their cheap but they bust easy as heck. i would get 32degrees or pmi tubes if i was you.

Wc Keep
12-07-2002, 10:14 AM
fat boy pods are the best. never have had them open up on me. the only way for them to break that i have seen is to take it and whip it as hard as you can into a wooden beam.

darklord
12-07-2002, 10:49 AM
Redz Dimension all the way, man. I have a 4.3, and it's the most comfortable harness I've owned. Plus it doesn't stick out at all, and it holds a lot of paint. I think the 2.1 is your best bet here.

boomerfoxtrot
12-07-2002, 11:01 AM
Redz this Redz that...

the BEST packs on the market.. are the Dye Attack Packs..

IF you do alot of running/sliding they don't slip... I use a 4 V pack right now... which I'm about to move into 6&5 ..

the packs are wonderful... they don't slip, have 3 straps on the front to keep it snug... and they don't cost alot more then the Redz...

never buy another pack!

as far as pods.... I like the Indian Springs 150s.. but Dye is about to release their "push button 150s" ... so I think I'll fall in love with them... =]

Wc Keep
12-07-2002, 11:45 AM
well i think the dye attack packs only come in 3 and up. if you read the first post he says he wants 1 pod 2 max.

push button pods :/. i really dont see those being a big hit in my book. mainly cause you could easily push the button when you grab the pod.

fat boy pods are well designed. they have a lip which you have to place your thumb in to open. no more rubbing on something and having it open. im just so mad that i busted that one pod:(

magman007
12-07-2002, 12:07 PM
yes, fatboy pods are the bomb... cheep as hell, durable, and the new thumb recess is awesome!

as for packs, i love my system x 3+2... but im about to get a top stich m pack 4+3 the new top stich m packs are nice...

alkafluence
12-07-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
What about for pump? What do you guys use for SC 10 round tubes and 12g CO2 carts?

You ever notice how those items are similar in size to shotgun shells? I have both a belt and and a "harness" the runs over my shoulders and attaches to the belt.

Sorry I don't know how to describe it better w/o a picture.
This is the best picture I could find of something even resembling my setup.

http://cops911.com/images/PaintballHarness009.jpg

BTW- I definitely recommend checking out cops911.com for stock paintball setups.

Although my belt has loopings that go all the way around the waist and mine sits lower on my waist. And my vest harness straps also have more loopings and are a bit more lengthy to attach the lower belt.

blnk162
12-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Dimension packs are great and aas far as tubes go Fat Boys are the best out there.

yes, fat boy tubes with the recessed switch and 1 peice top, aweeeeesome tubes, a 300 pound man stood on one in front of me and it didnt break.

As far as pack goes I really like Extrme Rage products

DiRTyBuNNy
12-07-2002, 02:14 PM
I would definitely go M-Pack..these suckers are handmade by the same people that make the packs for Smoke Jumpers (for the uneducated, they are firemen that parachute into a wildfire in the remote wilderness...mucho huevos grande)versus some of the other packs on the market that are made in China. I've actually got a 6-pod horizontal pack for sale..it's not a plug...I'm just saying that i love the pack..i'm just switching to an 8pod one because I shoot too much paint (or even a 10). http://www.topstitch.net

http://pages.prodigy.net/danlathum/mpack320.JPG

TRIAD
12-07-2002, 05:40 PM
I love my attack pack, comfortable, can be made VERY tight and never come loose/slip/etc. Plus, the back support on them feels GREAT, and it really keeps the tubes from digging into your back/butt. I highly recommend them.

flatacid
12-07-2002, 11:53 PM
wow. i wasn't expecting this much of a response. thanks for all the comments everyone. looks like i will be going for the redz 2.1.

big E kingpin
12-08-2002, 01:39 AM
i still like the jt slammer kit. nicest pack ive worn, im just so mad i cant use it with my new halo set up

Xerces
12-08-2002, 11:55 AM
i use the JT pack as well. i just hold the sliding part of the pod and press it against my knee or the ground and it slides open, no need to the speed collar.

Curly
12-08-2002, 12:13 PM
Well i have been using my old redz 4 v pack but last night i tried on one of the extreme rage 13 pod packs and those things are sick. they are really comfortable and its pretty easy to get all the pods out quickly. If you want something less then 13 pods (i dont know why ;)) then you might want to check out some of their smaller packs.