PDA

View Full Version : angel air?

big E kingpin
12-07-2002, 02:59 PM
are they really all that great?

RetroEclipseMan
12-07-2002, 03:47 PM
My friend had one an his dark angel and it seemed to work pretty good. They're really light and the electronics are cool but I just don't think they're worth the money. This is especially true when you can get a flatline or MacDec setup for a few hundred less and they perform just as well.

EsPo
12-07-2002, 06:57 PM
i hear if ya flash fill em, they bust orings and are a pain in the arse to fix.

rudy
12-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by RetroEclipseMan
My friend had one an his dark angel and it seemed to work pretty good. They're really light and the electronics are cool but I just don't think they're worth the money. This is especially true when you can get a flatline or MacDec setup for a few hundred less and they perform just as well.

how can you say they are really light? My brother had an angel air on his impulse then angel it was anythign but light. he ended up selling it and getting an agd flatline.

the angel air is a fine tank nothign wrong with it. except it does not work that well at high input pressures i have heard several times. the problem we had with the angel air is there was nothign good abotu it either. nothing other then elitronic display set it apart or made it usefull. it had no on off it was not light it was not more reliable or easy to service, it was not more consistent, and the mounting bracket was annoying cause it was hard to get on when we mounted it with a tight dropforward. it just wasnt really anythign better then other decent ongun regs and it cost about 150 - 250$ more so we were paying at the very least 150$ more for nothing other then an lcd screen. eventually we sold it for a lighter tank with a onoff for 200$ less. I was happy with my tanks and my brother decided he would be more happy with something other then angel air epecailly soemthign with an on off. since that expirence i very rarely find a person whos situation woudl actually get me to mention the angel air as an option most other decent on gun tanks will come up first.

minimag187
12-07-2002, 09:42 PM
I use a AGD Flatline too, and I just have to say its my favorite. The on/off is very nice, and did i mention its light?

rpm07
12-08-2002, 12:40 AM
My freind has 1 on his mag and if you ask him if he likes it he will tell you it is the biggest peice of crap he ever bought.

big E kingpin
12-08-2002, 01:30 AM
yeah im not interested, i just knew nothing about it. i dont even know what they are worth

PaintballSucka
12-08-2002, 01:41 AM
mines greattt, no problems at all only flash fillz tend to leak at the beging but end quickly

TAG
12-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Couple of things since I know a little about them....

1. "If" the system is flash filled the average user can correct the problem in under 10 minutes. You only need a cone oring and a 4mm allen.

2. We have been buying them used for 300$ or less ;) Many people do not realize that they can be updated to the newest internals and repaired quiet easily if necessary.

However, they might not be the best tank for every gun. This holds true for many of the AIR systems on the market today. If you need an extremely high output pressure or an extremely low one.....get something else. They seem to work best in the 300 to 800 range.

Consistant? Well of course they are. That's exactly what you would expect from a 600$ air system.

Not consistant ? Have it serviced...something is wrong with your A.I.R. dude.

Should everyone own one ? Nope

RetroEclipseMan
12-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by rudy

how can you say they are really light? My brother had an angel air on his impulse then angel it was anythign but light. he ended up selling it and getting an agd flatline.

the angel air is a fine tank nothign wrong with it. except it does not work that well at high input pressures i have heard several times. the problem we had with the angel air is there was nothign good abotu it either. nothing other then elitronic display set it apart or made it usefull. it had no on off it was not light it was not more reliable or easy to service, it was not more consistent, and the mounting bracket was annoying cause it was hard to get on when we mounted it with a tight dropforward. it just wasnt really anythign better then other decent ongun regs and it cost about 150 - 250$ more so we were paying at the very least 150$ more for nothing other then an lcd screen. eventually we sold it for a lighter tank with a onoff for 200$ less. I was happy with my tanks and my brother decided he would be more happy with something other then angel air epecailly soemthign with an on off. since that expirence i very rarely find a person whos situation woudl actually get me to mention the angel air as an option most other decent on gun tanks will come up first.

Hey, no need to get all worked up over it. He asked for an opinion and that's what he got. I got an old style apoc. tank on my mag and that is not even close to light so when I used my friend's gun it felt like carrying a toy. And yes maybe it didn't work well on your brother's impulse but like the AngelGuy said they aren't for every gun and yes once again my friend had it on his angel and he never had problems with it.

rudy
12-08-2002, 03:17 PM
retro excuse me if i seemed to be worked up i just thought it was over obvious that the sytem is not light. yet i see people make claims like that all the time without qualifing the person they are directing it too. light, is not an opinion and it shoudl not be treated as one. statements like that go a long way to create a misconception the reason i felt it was neccessary to point out so boldly that i felt you were wrong is because when i was very young in the game i lost alot of money and happiness cause people made claims that were purely incorrect and i acted by buying the product. the same was true for my brother and the angel air. when i say qualify you did that in the last post your first post should have been lighter then my apoc tank. because every one knows that the old stainless apocolypse tanks are just that tanks a brick of stainless steel they are really heavy in fact i bet you would be hard pressed to find any system as heavy as those. this is a really important issue i see it all the time. i have seen people say a mag is efficient sure if your comparing it to a horribly tuned shocker but they never include the qualifier then soem poor paintslinger is dissapointed with his gun cause he cant get as many shots off. the other problem is often people make a claim and no one stands corects them so the false claim grows. I wish someone woudl of stepped in and corrected many people when i was starting out in paintball.

also if you read my post you will see i never said it did not work on my brothers impulse nor was there a problem with it on his angel, we never had a problem with flash filling cause we never let anyone flash fill it to find out. what i said was it did not please us because it offered us no advantage other then (lcd display which we didnt care about) over other tanks and the weight was heavier then most. so we decided to get rid of it to drop weight and get an on/off ( he didnt like havign to put a proconnect on as well as not being able to see both tank pressure and out put pressure at a glance). that is all. he could of kept it on his gun and it woudl have worked but he decided to ride the hype of the angel air and offload it for enough money to buy a complete new system for the price he sold it used which was a good deal he was happy with.