PDA

View Full Version : Help ANOTHER newbie

Mr. -RushY-
08-27-2001, 04:18 PM
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me so helpful information on what I should know about MicroMag RTs and HPA tanks.

I'm only accustomed to C02 and have never owned a mag before. So please just give me some helpful hints. All info is appreciated.

-Thanks in Advance

------------------
Ain't nobody wanna go to jail in Mexico...they shove all kinds of burritos in your a$$

magman007
08-27-2001, 04:22 PM
ok well micro mags take cocker barrels first off, and an adustable hpa tank is your best bet, ummm o ther that i dunno what to tell you what do you want to know?

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

Mr. -RushY-
08-27-2001, 04:26 PM
Maintenace and cleaning of a HPA tank (I know not to use any chemicals) and also maintenace and cleaning for the MicroMag RT. I know that I shouldn't short stroke the trigger either or I'm gonna chop like a blender

------------------
Ain't nobody wanna go to jail in Mexico...they shove all kinds of burritos in your a$$

MagMan5446
08-27-2001, 04:43 PM
Well first off, if you don't know what an RT valve does, it makes the trigger "reactive", meaning that if its a 4 pound trigger pull, it will be an 8 pound reset.

A micromag body is simply a milled aluminum body, which is lighter than a regular automag body.

If you are going to have an RT valve, you should get an adjustable HPA tank. This way, you can adjust the reaction of the trigger. The higher the output, the harder the trigger resets. If you go to high, the trigger is fully reactive and it's like having a fully auto gun. At this time, you will most likely turn your gun into a paint blender.

When you go to HPA you will notice a considerable difference in the consistency of your gun, which means that your shots will be a lot more accurate.

You can't use co2 with the ReTro valve because it recharges so fast, that it sucks in liquid co2, which will freeze your gun over.

If you have the money, you should get a 68ci(cubic inchs)/4500psi(pounds per square inch) Maxx Attack tank. This is arguably the best tank on the market. Another good choice would be the AGD Flatine. They are coming out with 68/4500 Flatlines very soon. If you are looking for a cheaper tank that you can buy right now, you should get a 68/3000 Flatine. This is also a good choice if you don't have a place that can fill up to 4500, and a lot of places don't fill up to 4500.

To clean a tank, all you need is water.

I'm using 68ci because this is a very good size for any type of player, big or small. If you are really big, then you can get 88ci or 114ci.

Getting HPA will be very easy to get used to. Another good thing to have is a good drop forward. The best one that I know of(plus it looks the coolest) would be the KAPP Drop Zone 2. Very good drop, and you can move it side to side. It's kinda pricey though, another good choice would be the Warped Sports Drop Forward. Basically the same thing, just not as good of a drop, it doesn't look as good either. Drop Forwards will balance your gun considerably.

Another good thing to have on your gun is a Warp Feed. It decreases your profile (what the player shooting at you can see while you're behind a bunker) considerably, since there will be no hopper sticking out of the bunker. There also won't be as many chops, since it is the fastest loader on the market. Well, it's not really a loader, your hopper goes into the warp feed, which is on the side of your gun, and the warp feed has a wheel which spins the balls into the gun. Powerfeed will help installing immensely. If you shoot with your right hand, you will want powerfeed right, and vice versa. The warp feed has a mounting plate that goes under your grip, so you don't have to hang onto it while running.

When buying a hopper, you will want a 12volt reVLution. Especially if you won't be running a warp feed.

If you are looking at a harness, consider the Redz Dimension packs, very very nice.

A good mask would be the V-Force Morph, I've heard nothing but good things about it, and the lenses can be taken off and a matter of seconds.

To maintain your gun, all you have to do is put a few drops of oil in the ASA adapter and dry fire a couple dozen times.

A barrel is one of the most important upgrades to your gun. If you have the money, you should get a Freak Barrel with all the inserts. Every barrel is the same. What makes your gun accurate is the paint to barrel match.

Now I'll go on to techniques.

When snap-shooting, try to visulize the opponent behind his bunker. Then just peek out and let off 1-4 shots and come back in as fast as you can.

When bunkering, just look over the bunker and let off 2 shots. Do this as fast as you can and don't bother seeing if you hit them or not, you most likely did. Never ask someone to surrender.

You can find detailed instructions/tips at http://www.paintballstar.com

I hope I helped you, see ya around the boards.

------------------
"A Hungarian mob realized that to be in power, you didn't need money, guns, or even numbers. All you need was the will to do what the other guy wouldn't. When they come in power, they go after Soze. They break into his house, and Soze comes home to find his wife and his kids screaming. Soze then showed them what will really was..."

-Verbal Kint

The Usual Suspects

[This message has been edited by MagMan5446 (edited 08-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MagMan5446 (edited 08-27-2001).]

Mr. -RushY-
08-27-2001, 04:55 PM
Thanks much

------------------

MagMan5446
08-27-2001, 09:37 PM
This needs an up for the other newbies.

Mr. -RushY-
08-28-2001, 05:18 AM
Any other specifics on MicroMag RTs or just mags? I know the basics 'cause I have experience playing and things just not with HPA or a MicroMag RT. But good help for the real first time players.

-Thanks

------------------

slayer
08-28-2001, 07:56 AM
be specific about specifics you want to know and we will answer specifically http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif
The most important things to know are that micromags take cocker threaded barrels and the rt valve doesn't run on CO2.

Mr. -RushY-
08-28-2001, 08:01 AM
Specifics: Field stripping and such.

------------------

netjunk1e
08-28-2001, 09:33 AM
As for feilt stripping a mag, you almost never have to because your gun sill rarely brake. But to feild strip it is the same for all mags:
1)Dissconnect the Air supply
2)Remive Feild strip screw in the back of the Gripframe
3)Make sure the tripper is completly pulled
4)Slide vaulve out, it has a twistlock so you need to rotate it about a half of an inch

Thats all. Make sure to take your barrel off when you oil your gun(oil in the ASA and dryfiring). This will prevent oil from building up in your barrel.

Robbie

Rrok
08-29-2001, 05:24 PM
VERY well put mag man!

Rrok

MagMan5446
08-29-2001, 07:17 PM
Thank you Rrok...I finally get some credit.

Mr. -RushY-
08-29-2001, 07:20 PM
GoGo Flattery. Can I sprinkle some more flowers over your heads http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif. Hehe

------------------