PDA

View Full Version : Gassing up the gun

Food is Yummy
12-08-2002, 12:32 AM
hey guys i was watching the mag instruction video..and the guy said something about holding the trigger down while u gas up your marker or ungassing or sumthing like that...
do you really have to do that?
does anyone actually do it?

Mossman
12-08-2002, 12:34 AM
I do it. Sometimes it helps with leaking out the barrel when screwing the air in.

My buddy who's had his mag longer than me was like..."What the heck are you doing" when he saw me gas it like that, so I guess not everyone does it.

I think it helps more on retro's, which seem to need a quicker burst of air to "cock" than classics.

So long story short, I do it, some do, some don't, it may help you or it may not. Not necessary but it can't hurt

Jack Napier
12-08-2002, 01:27 AM
I heard your orings last longer.

xadamx
12-08-2002, 09:57 AM
by holding the trigger you are forcing the sear to turn the on/off valve off. this keeps air in the back half of the gun(the reg). doing this just allows the gun to get used to being gasses(for lack of a better description)

TheJester
12-08-2002, 10:12 AM
i do it, and yea, they're right, for the most part, it makes the gun think it's just cycling, not being gassed up, air is just rushing into the enitre system, just kinda flowing into the system...hope that makes sense, and in terms of what good it does, i don't know