PDA

View Full Version : JT Speed Pods - opinions please...

davej946
08-29-2001, 07:41 AM
OK, I'm sick of fumbling around with traditional ball haulers, and was thinkging of getting the JT Speed Pods. The total investment would be ~ $50 for the collar and 4 pods, and I don't want to hrow away my money if they're crap.

Does anyone have any opinion on these? Are there any reviews on the web, professional or otherwise? I've heard some great things about them, and some horrible - like the rubber bands break, and there are no replacements.

So if you have used them, or seen them used, or whatever, your input is GREATLY appreciated.

(Mods, if this belongs in another forum, sorry, this seemes like the right one IMHO http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif )
http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif Thanks http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif,

------------------
David M. Jones
Loyal AGD Customer For Life
"I love my Mag more than my girlfriend - is that wrong?"

[This message has been edited by davej946 (edited 08-29-2001).]

skipdogg
08-29-2001, 07:49 AM
I use the pods w/o the collar. The pods are fine they work great for me. I have busted a rubber band though, and need to find a replacement.

wyn1370
08-29-2001, 07:51 AM
I love em. Throw in the harness and it works great.
Only problem is that the collar makes your hopper that much bigger.
As for rubber bands, each pod comes with extras on the bottom.

------------------
retro mini (http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/wyn1370/mag1.jpg)

And shepherds we shall be
For thee My Lord for thee
Power hath descended forth from thy hand
That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be
In nomine patre, at file, spiritus sancte.

- MacManus Family Prayer

Hoyahdestroyah
08-29-2001, 07:58 AM
To me these are the best pods in the business, although I agree with skipdogg wiht regard to the collar. I use them without the collar and they work great.

Magsrule3
08-29-2001, 09:41 AM
there are also the new APP snap pods. They work better and don't need the big callor. Also if you ever break an elastic they send you a bunch for free. check out the site. www.allenpaintball.com (http://www.allenpaintball.com)

------------------
-68 Classic Automag
-SP Proggresive barrel
-Lapco drop forward
-PMI gas through
-12 volt revolution
-Crossfire 68CI 3K Stubby
-Microline fittings
-WARP FEED
-16" CP barrel
-ANS sight rail

Webmaster
08-29-2001, 09:46 AM
I dont like the speed collar. Too dang big - esp if its not on a warp feed. Its a game of inches - and thats too many extra ones...

To be honest i havent used it in a game - but I still dont see a need.

As for the tubes - they are freaking expensive. Im sorry but $10 it too much - and you can bet I am on the field after games looking for them. I also dont like how they are not air tight. The paint is more prone to swelling/damage due to elements.

That said I use two on my harness. I run a Uniques with three standard tubes, and two JT tubes that fit in the elastic of the harness. You know, the packs with the elastic loops for extra pods? The reason for this is I can rip a JT pod out of the elastic and NOT have to worry about a lid comming off (which SUCKS). So - for me they fill a niche. Overall I dont like them - but they do the job I need them to do.

------------------
Webmaster - AutoMags.Org
webmaster@automags.org

Weapon of Choice - "Mr. Orange" Orange/Yellow Fade E-Mag w/WarpFeed and 3000psi 88cui Flatline
----------------------
"Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

thecavemankevin
08-29-2001, 09:51 AM
I like the new DYE pods myself. They are very durable 140 rd pods and are very difficult to pop open on accident like normal pods. Plus they are a good deal cheaper. I bought mine from www.copaintball.com (http://www.copaintball.com) for like 2.95 each.

Hasty8
08-29-2001, 10:59 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by skipdogg:
I use the pods w/o the collar. The pods are fine they work great for me. I have busted a rubber band though, and need to find a replacement.</font>

Skip. There should be a replacement alredy one the tube at the other end. If not you can used a rubber band in a pinch.

As for using them. I thank the JT gods for these creations. Mind you now, I am no tourney player. Actually, I mostly play wooded rec and am only now geting into speedball. The ease an ability to rapidly and easily reload my hopper with use of one hand is amazing.

I use the pods and the collar but not the harness. I'm a big guy so I got my harness from topstich.net. I can carry 10 pods onto the field with their pack. It's great.

Xzion
08-29-2001, 01:22 PM
I have the pods, collar and harness... love them though I dont tend to use the collar, its handy to have on at times, never really had a problem with it. the only other thing I want to get for them, is the capacity extensions for them, with out them the pods are a tad bit too short for their harness, plus having the extra balls is a bonus http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

keebler
08-29-2001, 04:34 PM
these pods work excellent. it does make your hopper larger, but if you dont mind, go for it. i recomend using them on warp feed. then it wont matter if your hopper is 2 inches taller cause you have warp feed.

Zo
08-29-2001, 04:56 PM
i love my speedpods and my speedharness. i usually carry 3 pods anda bottle of water with a straw =)

PsychoMag
08-29-2001, 05:05 PM
i was never impressed with them, i do like the new APP pods...better design and no need for a collar...

------------------
"You want a shot at the title?"
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, Just Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

DarkPhoenix
08-29-2001, 08:25 PM
As for a review of the JT Slam system, www.pbreview.com (http://www.pbreview.com) is great for any review, for that matter. I use the entire Slam system and find it perfect for me. Paintball is a game of speed and timing, the less time I use to load, the less time I will be open to a rush. Usually I just jam the pod in the collar giving me my entire hopper and the contents of the pod to shoot with. I like the system, it may make the hopper a little larger but I would rather keep my opponents heads down than my own in order to reload. This way I can reload the hopper while I shoot. Admittedly the system is not for everyone, I know alot of people on my field are looking to buy them though. Do not get the clear ones, they are less durable than the black or green pods, I highly recommend the pod extenders, too.

------------------
RT Pro P/F
w/ AGD Flatline

alf
08-29-2001, 09:22 PM
a guy at my field took a hit in the collar, and it went right through one side of it...granted i didnt see it, but i HEARD about it the next week i was there...so, i decided to stick with the old-fashioned way

Hasty8
08-29-2001, 11:02 PM
The other thing I like about them but forgot to mention it in my earlier post was the ability to pass the tubes with out using a hand-to-hand method [read: Hail Mary passing] As a test, my brother and I dropeed a full clear tube from 15 feet up in a tree onto grass. Not a problem. Since I usually play the back to mid end of the field and also do to the amount of paint I bring onto a field I am constantly heaving a tube or two to one of our front players.

QuestionMark?
08-11-2003, 07:33 PM
I have 4 JT Speedpods on my old Camoflauged Unique harness, i think they are very good pods in my opinion and are some of the best.:)

Dayspring
08-11-2003, 08:06 PM
You DO realize that this thread is 2 years old right?

QuestionMark?
08-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Whoa i am sorry, i am still new to this AO thing, geez i feel so retarded:(

IcantBelieveit
08-11-2003, 11:44 PM
one word JUNK

Tyger
08-12-2003, 03:00 AM
I used 'em for a while. Problem is that dirt and junk gets into the pods if you slide hard, and it junks a payer of paint if your' enot careful.

That being said, MAN it's fast to reload. May go back to it, I liked it a lot. I just need a new speedcollar.

-Tyger

Albinonewt
08-12-2003, 07:40 AM
I use em and I like em. I mostly play wooded rec ball, like someone else mentioned, and they're great for that.

angelbeast24
11-01-2003, 07:52 PM
i haev my speed pods without the collor and it works great since i have a reds dimension pack i was worried about atother pods opening up not a problem with these:)