PDA

View Full Version : Macro, or SS hose?

freek133
12-09-2002, 09:36 AM
I finally joined the club!!!!!!!!!!!

I recieved my packaged emag in the mail last wednesday, I had ordered from HEAT here on ao(who did a superb job on the whole transaction, I recommend him to anybody) and am wondering what to put on her...

My tank is an Air America Raptor, this tank does not come with an on/off (I think you can turn the pressure down far enough to shut off air flow, but I am not interested in that)But I do have a proconnect. So 3000 psi will be left in the "female part of proconnect to tank" part of the hose, and I am wondering if the macro will hold that for prolonged periods of time, or should I get the ss hose and not have to worry.

Just wondering what you guys would suggest for my tank setup..

C]-[iLDe
12-09-2002, 10:02 AM
it sounds like in your case, SS would be your best bet. :)

Smoken
12-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Go with steel braided hose. You'll never have to buy another hose that way. Just cover it up with some shrink tubing so it doesn't scratch up your nice new gun.

personman
12-09-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by freek133
So 3000 psi will be left in the "female part of proconnect to tank"
Thats alot of output pressure :eek:
Raptors cant even output that much! :confused:
;)

12-09-2002, 06:54 PM
go with stainless, macroline fittings can rip out on you at inopritune moments, resulting in flying tanks and pain.

yeahthatsme
12-09-2002, 07:22 PM
yeah theres no way unless your valve fails that theres gonna be 3000psi going into your gun.... if that happened you'd be in big trouba...

anyways, i would go with the ss hose as its lots better and has higher tolerances and thats whats going on my mag when i get my tank...

personman
12-09-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
yeah theres no way unless your valve fails that theres gonna be 3000psi going into your gun.... if that happened you'd be in big trouba...
FYI, Mag valves are RATED 3k psi, and they have an even higher burst pressure..
I'm just saying I hope that thats a typo cuz I doubt a proconnect could hold that much :eek:
NEWAY,
SS all teh way, dats what I'm getting or I might try some of that macro tuna gots, that would be nice..

freek133
12-09-2002, 08:55 PM
yes, it was a typo...

I think I have my output pressure at 800 or so... sorry for that,

xmetal2001
12-09-2002, 11:54 PM
I'd go with stainless, macroline bursting not only scares the crap out of you, but happens at the worst possible time.

Load SM5
12-10-2002, 12:24 AM
While I normall would say SS braided, I picked up some of the parkerflex macro from Tunaman and so far so good. It's a bit lighter and does'nt scratch my gun.