PDA

View Full Version : (un)offical x-valve info

TheJester
12-09-2002, 06:51 PM
*edit, edit*
they're finally in :D :D , again sorry for putting this in here twice, but i thought it would be nice to have it up front where every 1 can see it

THEY'RE HEEEEERRRRRE

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=19&CATID=5

i called AGD today, and talked to thier purchasing department, and well, i got some good news :)....and some bad news.
the reason they aren't out yet, is because they're having some problems with their supplier, and that's why they aren't in yet, but they said about another 1-2 weeks they should be in the airgun store

now for the good news, they retail for $325:D , with trade in for classic valves, they'll be $225, so they're only 25 buck more than the orginal + you get a lvl 10 installed too :D how cool is that?

however, for those of you w/ retro valves, and with retro valves w/ lvl 10 bolts already installed, i have heard (an original post a while ago) they will accept trade ins for them, but they didn't know about how much they would be in that case, you guys are gonna have to but your own deals

the woman i talked to didn't know how many would be in the 1st batch, but no doubt about it, they will go fast, seeing that every 1 and their mothers wants 1

i think that's it, but i may have forgotten something, if there's anything i forgot, let me know, and i'll get back to you

*edit*
this is in this later on in this thread, but i thought i would put it up here where every one can see it

to at least releive some what of a load off of the AGD lines, have the ?'s be asked here, not there

flip threw this thread and you'll see that i've been rather on top of things, granted i'm fairly new to the mag world, but i've done some rather extensive info hunting on this valve (cause i want 1 too, and well that's what i do w/ things i want, i look them up) i'll answer what i can, and if i can't, i'm sure some 1 on this forum can

JEDI
12-09-2002, 08:39 PM
So let me understand this. $325 for the valve with no trade in. $225 with a classic valve trade in. They are accepting trade ins with retro valves (with & with out L10), but you're not sure of the price yet? Is that it? Ok well lets hope its not some astronomical price. It doesn't seem right that you would trade identical parts (besides alum.) and have to pay more on top of it. I would think most people would agree.

Sure theres the whole "gotta make money" thing, but not at the expensive of Highway robbery.

Why does it seem like AGD is always having trouble with they're supplier? Getting their new stuff is like pulling teeth.

minimag187
12-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Whats the retro aluminum cost

TheJester
12-09-2002, 09:10 PM
ok, maybe i wasn't clear

x-valve alone....estimated retail price- $325
x-valve w/ "go retro" (trade in for A.I.R. "classic" valve)-$225
they will be accepting trade ins for retro's and retros w/ lvl 10's, but what they will be, to quote them "we will, but i have no idea what we're gonna do about those" or at least something along those lines

*edit*

Originally posted by minimag187
Whats the retro aluminum cost

the aluminum retro IS the x-valve

JEDI
12-09-2002, 09:11 PM
The aluminum retro is the X-valve we're talking about. I believe TheJester said $325.

minimag187
12-09-2002, 09:56 PM
Let me ask this, are all x-valves "retro" or reactive trigger technology.

TheJester
12-09-2002, 09:59 PM
x-valve....an aluminum retro valve w/ lvl 10 bolt installed, that's it, a lighter version of the retro (yes that means reactive trigger) with the best bolt out there factory installed, lvl 10, so you won't chop at those now capable higher ROF's

tranman
12-09-2002, 10:09 PM
I dont think AGD can go much lower, i mean when you trade in your valve, what are they going to do with it? They can't resell them, or magically turn the stainless steel into a new aluminum valve. What they do is maybe take the little parts they can and maybe swap those with other valves at say tournaments, but not in the AGD factory. They can't do much with the old valves besides throw them out. So how can you complain that they are charging too much for trade-in when the parts you are swapping for ARE NOT the same, and basically they give you a whole new valve, and throw out your old one because they can't use it. Well, thats just my opinion, didn't mean to offend anyone.

minimag187
12-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Ive already owned a Lvl 10 Minimag, installed it and worked fine. Just was asking if they still have the classic valves but in aluminum/ if all x valves were reactive.

AGD
12-09-2002, 10:32 PM
FYI, we would have had the X-valves out last week but they all came in with dusty looking black ano and had to go back. Its unpredictable things like that which cause me not to even give out estimates on delivery dates.

Of course we could of waxed them and made them LOOK ok but since I can't live with myself for doing that you all have to wait longer.

AGD

PS this is not a small time ano guy its the same people that did all the SFL's

TRIAD
12-09-2002, 10:51 PM
So is there ANY idea what a Level 10 ReTro trade-in for X-Valve will cost. If it's not TOO much, I may ask for it for XMas. Get it, XValve, XMas, hahahahaha. :D :p ;)

Boble86
12-09-2002, 11:40 PM
ok thanks for keeping us informed

TheJester
12-10-2002, 03:36 PM
well there you have it, they aren't in yet, because they weren't pretty enough:D , and as far was i know, they don't have any alm. classic a.i.r valves, just the retro, just the reactive trigger, so to answer your question minimag187, all x-vlaves are retro, and all of them are reactive trigers (that any clearer now?) but i guess i'll try to keep this active untill they come out, so if you have any other ?'s or comments on the valves, post them here

BajaBoy
12-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by TRIAD
So is there ANY idea what a Level 10 ReTro trade-in for X-Valve will cost. If it's not TOO much, I may ask for it for XMas. Get it, XValve, XMas, hahahahaha. :D :p ;)

heh i was like to my dad... Xmag for xMas.. could have should have but i wanted to wake up to something under the tree:rolleyes:

EsPo
12-10-2002, 05:38 PM
AGD throws out the classics they get on the trade ins.

FordPrefect
12-10-2002, 05:50 PM
It sounds like everything is peachy. Tom, its nice that you would send stuff back because they are looking a little wrong. Just thought I should say that.

AcemanPB
12-10-2002, 05:55 PM
What if we already have level 10 instaled and broken in our classic valve? Can we trade in the classic valve and get a X-valve with no bolt or level 10 for a small discount?

TheJester
12-10-2002, 05:58 PM
hey fordperfect, i look a little wrong, are you saying that my parents should send me back? :P

Dragoon
12-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
It doesn't seem right that you would trade identical parts (besides alum.) and have to pay more on top of it. I would think most people would agree.

Sure theres the whole "gotta make money" thing, but not at the expensive of Highway robbery.

I've got to disagree with you. The fact that there is any sort of 'go retro',or in this case 'go x-valve', is surprising. If it was my company I would not offer any sort of trade in unless there was a good reason for getting the old valves off the market. There is nothing wrong with our current retro valves. We just want the newer, lighter versions that have just come out. Well if we want them we should pay for them.

I think AGD should just offer the x-valve on their best markers, then have them available as an upgrade component. We can always sell off our retros in order to upgrade. Just like we do for our other parts/markers.

Douglas.

darklord
12-10-2002, 06:40 PM
I would like to know the same thing as AcemanPB...what about us Classic Valve people with a level 10 already installed? BTW I was really surprised at those prices, much cheaper than I expected. Glad the trade-ins are still goin on! /me is one happy AOer.

ben_JD
12-10-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Dragoon
The fact that there is any sort of 'go retro',or in this case 'go x-valve', is surprising. If it was my company I would not offer any sort of trade in unless there was a good reason for getting the old valves off the market.I agree fully. It is amazing to me that there is any discount attributable to the X-Valve.

pbguy888
12-10-2002, 07:29 PM
Whats the size of the first batch gonna be? Like how many? Just wonderin if Ill be able to get one... And will we know pretty much as soon as they are in store? thanks alot

pimped mag 01
12-10-2002, 07:37 PM
wow:p this is alot of hype for an aluminum retro w/ lvl.10, the classic valve will shoot i belive 16 with out drop off, the retro will i belive shoot 26 without drop off why do u need to fire 26?? i dunno what ever floats your nuclear submarine heh i don't mean to offend anyone it jsu seems poiuntless because all the x-valve is is an aluminum retro my god!! an extra 6 oz?!?! i'd prefer stainless for its durability peace out home slice:D

Aliens-8-MyDad
12-10-2002, 07:49 PM
accually i herd the x valve was 8 oz lighter than a classic valve... and i just found out i can pull 11 shots on my classic in 1.118 seconds

pimped mag 01
12-10-2002, 07:55 PM
6,8 same thing just ...different numbers still 11 is fast enough jus aim and i don't think weight is a big deal un less u have little sissy arms like me, and i even have no problems with weight

if a quiz is quizical, then whats a test?

dcmander
12-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by pimped mag 01
wow:p this is alot of hype for an aluminum retro w/ lvl.10, the classic valve will shoot i belive 16 with out drop off, the retro will i belive shoot 26 without drop off why do u need to fire 26?? i dunno what ever floats your nuclear submarine heh i don't mean to offend anyone it jsu seems poiuntless because all the x-valve is is an aluminum retro my god!! an extra 6 oz?!?! i'd prefer stainless for its durability peace out home slice:D

It's more than 6 oz isn't it?

Anyway, I would also like to know the price of a tradein for level 10 and ReTro valve.

I'm also wondering how many will be in the first batch.

Now my other question is what will installation be like. These LVL10s and valves are the same aren't they? As in, the bolt just slides onto the valve? Why are they coming together as a package? And why does AGD ask we send in our LVL10 and bolt instead of just our bolt? Whats the installation gonna be like?

Also, is it possible to get them in any color besides black?

Can you annodize them by someone else? I'm getting my gun annoed pewter soon, and I'm wondering if i should anno the valve also to have it match or just keep it black. I actually can't decide which will look better... is it a good or bad idea to annodize the x valve? Will the words be annodized over? Are they engraved or annodized on?

Sorry for all the questions. This is exciting!

ah137
12-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by dcmander

Also, is it possible to get them in any color besides black?

Can you annodize them by someone else? I'm getting my gun annoed pewter soon, and I'm wondering if i should anno the valve also to have it match or just keep it black. I actually can't decide which will look better... is it a good or bad idea to annodize the x valve? Will the words be annodized over? Are they engraved or annodized on?

Sorry for all the questions. This is exciting!

I would like to know about this also, The serial number will be gone after anodizing. So can we send the valve back in to get it re-laser engraved? I know AGD is very finicky about the serial number.

Hills

TheJester
12-10-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ah137

I would like to know about this also, The serial number will be gone after anodizing. So can we send the valve back in to get it re-laser engraved? I know AGD is very finicky about the serial number.

Hills

why would it come off? aren't the numbers lazer ingraved? i wanna say they are, and that won't come off to easy. i mean, that means there's actually some metal takin out to put the numbers there

w/ colors, on an original post, i seem to remember tom saying the 1st batch would be black (nothing was said about future batches, who knows, they could end up coming in every color of the rainbow :)

Originally posted by pimped mag 01
wow:p the classic valve will shoot i belive 16 with out drop off, the retro will i belive shoot 26 without drop off why do u need to fire 26?? i

it's not always just for the extra consistancy, i want 1 for the RT properties

Originally posted by dcmander

Now my other question is what will installation be like. These LVL10s and valves are the same aren't they? As in, the bolt just slides onto the valve? Why are they coming together as a package? And why does AGD ask we send in our LVL10 and bolt instead of just our bolt? Whats the installation gonna be like?

why not include them together, and cheaper at that, w/ trade in of a classic, for a retro, and buying a lvl 10, you would pay 280, now you're paying 225, also, they install and tune the lvl 10 for you, you dont have to monkey w/ all the shims and spacers and springs, they do it for you, just slide it in your gun, and you're good to go:) :) :)

dcmander
12-10-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by TheJester
why not include them together, and cheaper at that, w/ trade in of a classic, for a retro, and buying a lvl 10, you would pay 280, now you're paying 225, also, they install and tune the lvl 10 for you, you dont have to monkey w/ all the shims and spacers and springs, they do it for you, just slide it in your gun, and you're good to go:) :) :)

I know i was mainly asking to see how the installation will be. is it the same exact design? You will still be able to slide the bolt off the valve, correct?

You guys think a black Xvalve to match the dye stickies of the intelliframe, hopper, and a tank cover will look better htan a pewter annoed to match xvalve on my micromag vert feed? :D ;) :cool:

TheJester
12-10-2002, 09:07 PM
dcmander- i don't have a lvl 10 yet i would have 1 by now, but then i heard of this and decided to wait, because i don't play much this time of year (kinda cold here in NY), but if you ask me, it has to slide on and off, other wise how would it work? it has to slide to cycle, and based on the diagrams i've seen it does, so yea, i'm gonna say it's just like the stock bolt, on/off wise, lvl 10 is just better

Schnitzel
12-11-2002, 10:56 AM
the X-valve is the EXACT same as the ReTro, just that it's made of aluminum, and is annodized black. There is no mechanical difference. Im looking to buy/trade it because my warped emag is very heavy, i'm trying to save as much weight as possible. The fact that it's black is an aesthetic plus.

JT2002
12-15-2002, 11:07 AM
tom, got any pics of the x-valve alone?

JT2002
12-15-2002, 11:09 AM
hey mods, wanna make this THE (un)official X-Valve sticky?

magnj
12-15-2002, 11:43 AM
hm, i cant wait for theese.

Aliens-8-MyDad
12-15-2002, 11:49 AM
anyone got a price, and or date on the colored versions? i want a red one!

TheJester
12-15-2002, 12:13 PM
i second the request for pics

dcmander
12-15-2002, 01:46 PM
I wonder if they are going to make them in pewter ;)

Ryknow
12-16-2002, 01:53 PM
wow I would have gotton one w/ the fugly anno Tom was talking about...I really dont care what color it is, plus black would look pretty good on my mag hehehe...and I'm getting the first one!! lol j/k I just want one from the first bach...hehe...and yeah lets see some pics of em also later guys
~Tyler

TheJester
12-19-2002, 05:38 PM
i know a guy who emailed AGD today, the lady said maybe monday, but who knows w/ the holidays but they're sick of being asked, so i'm gonna say guys, chill, they'll be out soon enough, i'm sure of it. we've all been waiting for a long time for them to come out, any mod wanna perhaps make this classic, to at least releive some what of a load off of the AGD lines, have the ?'s be asked here, not there

agdemagman69
12-19-2002, 06:33 PM
1. i have to get a silver annoed one for my SFL emag

2. can i get more $ for my trade in cause i have a "shocktech emag valve" (has shocktech laser engraved on it)

3. Can i get one with an SFL level ten installed on it?

FutureMagOwner
12-23-2002, 04:53 PM
i figured i shall up this in hopes of another update since im gunna order either this or a regular rt in 3 weeks or so

TheJester
12-23-2002, 05:44 PM
THEY'RE HEEEEERRRRRE :D :D :D

darklord
12-23-2002, 05:52 PM
THEY'RE HEEEEERRRRRE :D :D :D

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! OMG!!!! Blargh if only I had the money! They better be in stock by thursday! Wait, isn't the store closed for a while anyways? Eh, might as well get in line :o

edit: I tried adding the "Go ReTro!" option to my shopping cart but it says it's out of stock :mad: ... they sold out already???? or does that part of the store just need to be updated?

Matt Crawford
12-23-2002, 06:15 PM
I just tried to order one....It says its sold out????

Do I have to call in the order...or is it really out of stock?

Also, can I trade in a Emag Valve with out lvl 10 and get this valve?

dcmander
12-23-2002, 06:16 PM
Still no info on trading in your ReTro valve AND level 10?

SI|ENT|3O|3
12-23-2002, 07:20 PM
i really want one, but i have retro w/o level 10 and want to trade that + some cash. yep yep yep. can't wait to get more info.
-sebastian

TheJester
12-23-2002, 07:31 PM
as far as i know, there is no info on retro trade ins, thin kyou're gonna have to call AGD on that 1, unless tom or some 1 that would know would like to tell us all here. in terms of sold out, i can't imagin they sold out THAT quick, so i would try calling, it's just the old retro link, so that may be the left over prompt from the sold out retros, i just wish i could order 1 now :(, and not have to wait until after x-mas like my parents are telling me:(, god i hate being a kid! don't think it will count, but can you guys pllllllllease save me 1? i'll order it thursday at the latest, i promise

freek133
12-23-2002, 07:51 PM
alright... check this out,

I have a minimag and an emag, could this scenario work,
I will trade in the classic valve for the x-valve, and then donate the e-mag valve to the minimag, and put the x-valve in the emag...

Could that work?

Cypres0099
12-23-2002, 08:45 PM
That's what I'm going to do. :D

Blennidae
12-23-2002, 10:03 PM
I plan on waterfalling my Emag valve down to my my mini, and the retro in it down to another mini. I think there might be an issue with on/off pin length. Maybe one of the certified AGD techs can clear that up.

BajaBoy
12-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Nooo!!! i wanted one of the 1st ones!:(

a question. does anyone know if i could get a custom SN? Agd?

TheJester
12-23-2002, 10:49 PM
ok, you know how w/ just the plain jane retros, there was a reverse option for minimag users w/ original hose, there was no reverse option this time around, and that's me, the good ol' minimag w/ trusty ol' original hose, now i know if i just turn the vert adaptor around the hose will be on the other side, is that what i have to do? will my powerfeed get in the way?

JT2002
12-23-2002, 11:26 PM
ok, you know how w/ just the plain jane retros, there was a reverse option for minimag users w/ original hose, there was no reverse option this time around, and that's me, the good ol' minimag w/ trusty ol' original hose, now i know if i just turn the vert adaptor around the hose will be on the other side, is that what i have to do? will my powerfeed get in the way?

ask agd about it. they can always help. the inet doesnt have evrything, just call them up and ask em about it