PDA

View Full Version : palmer light rock reg

billybob_81067
12-09-2002, 07:36 PM
I have a palmer light rock reg as the front reg on my 99 cocker and when I first put air to it, it was leaking out of the hole in the side. Now I know that this is to keep the pressure down so you don't blow your air lines off, but I had the reg completely screwed out. Shouldn't the reg stop the flow to the 3-way completely if it is screwed out all the way?

Oh yeah, I bought it used, so is there something that could be wrong with it?

RobAGD
12-09-2002, 07:40 PM
If its a new Micro Rock, then you should be able to take it apart and clean it, I would also suggest getting a seal kit from palmer as well as a diagram to make sure its assembled correctly.

and yes if you screw the reg nut all the way out it should cut all air flow off to the 3 way.

-Robert

billybob_81067
12-09-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks Rob for the super-fast response! :D

It's the old style light rock which is quite a bit longer than the micro rock and I haven't figured out any way to disassemble it yet (yes, I said yet ;)) Do I have to send it in to palmers to get it rebuilt?

billybob_81067
12-09-2002, 11:44 PM
MUUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

I got the Light rock regulator apart!!! And palmer said I couldn't!!! :D All it took was some locktite and a little bit of heat from a propane torch! ;););)