PDA

View Full Version : This is for you shartley ... from my heart

FalconGuy016
12-09-2002, 08:24 PM
http://Shartley.youaremyfriend.com

You will never be forgetten Shartley... never... for telling me 4500's are safe...you will be always considered

My Friend

You need sound :)

petefol
12-09-2002, 08:37 PM
its kind of sad that you havent even been registered for 4 months and you already have over 700 posts.

spazzed
12-09-2002, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna say it again.

I don't think you're sincere in this, you're just whoring yourself for more posts...

I still maintain this belongs in a PM, not a Friendly thread. What the hell good does this do? Does it contribute to anything, in anyway? No.

I think Shartley will agree w/ me.

Yet again, I'm gonna give you a "Stop It."

FalconGuy016
12-09-2002, 08:44 PM
omg you wooser :( where's your spirit for anything?? Ill delete this thread only after you read it just for you, because you cant take a little tiny joke, I even moved it here for you :( This is sort of a little inside too, but its stupid inside :) but its still inside... anyways, as much of a PW as I am, you should lighten up

FalconGuy016
12-09-2002, 08:47 PM
OMG OMG OMG EVIL :( :( :( GET OUT OF HERE *POINT* OR POST QUICKLY!

spazzed
12-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I'd lighten up if you didn't continuously do this.... When you stop, so will I.

I don't have a problem w/ you being appreciative w/ Shartley, most of us have been at one time or another. ;)

But, you using it to gain posts (which mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the way of respect.)

Oh, and I didn't suggest moving this to friendly. That was someone else.

FordPrefect
12-09-2002, 08:50 PM
Seriously Falcon, get new hobby. It is only annoying, and post count does not mean you will be respected.
I think that if more people tell you that, maybe you can get it through your head.

shartley
12-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
I'm gonna say it again.

I don't think you're sincere in this, you're just whoring yourself for more posts...

I still maintain this belongs in a PM, not a Friendly thread. What the hell good does this do? Does it contribute to anything, in anyway? No.

I think Shartley will agree w/ me.

Yet again, I'm gonna give you a "Stop It."
Well….. To be totally honest… yes he is a PW. BUT…. Look at all the other PW threads around by other folks. Also look at all the other threads by other folks that should have been sent as a PM.

Now… look how creative this one was. :D:D:D

I have been sick all day, and my Wife came upstairs and told me about this thread. She was laughing about it and said it was really cute. I then came downstairs to take a look…..

LOL Yup, it made me laugh, and smile.

Do I think he is totally sincere in all this? Nah…. But again, out of all the PW stuff we have seen happen on AO, as well as threads dedicated to Fan Clubs, thanking people for one thing or another, and similar stuff, this one took some real creativity. It almost reminded me of a Saturday Night Live sketch or something. LOL

It is also WAY better than all the Pie threads, and silly polls….. and sure beats the heck out of “Shartley is the Devil” threads. ;)

Now….. FalconGuy01….. (thumping him in the head with a trout). ;)

shartley
12-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Oh….. and the others are also correct… high post count does not gain folks respect on AO. It is high quality content that does.

But we don’t need to beat up on the kid either. This is by far not the worse thing we have seen happen on AO. ;)

petefol
12-09-2002, 09:03 PM
hehe 666 posts, anyway, shartley cant you see the edit button you double poster!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D

shartley
12-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by petefol
hehe 666 posts, anyway, shartley cant you see the edit button you double poster!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D
Everything I do is for a reason. ;)

I wrote the first post and by the time I posted it several other posts were made. This made me think that folks were posting rapidly. So instead of editing my first post, I just made another. Heck, if you like though, I can go and merge them. :) It doesn’t matter to me……

spazzed
12-09-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by shartley

Well….. To be totally honest… yes he is a PW. BUT…. Look at all the other PW threads around by other folks. Also look at all the other threads by other folks that should have been sent as a PM.

Now… look how creative this one was. :D:D:D

I have been sick all day, and my Wife came upstairs and told me about this thread. She was laughing about it and said it was really cute. I then came downstairs to take a look…..

LOL Yup, it made me laugh, and smile.

Do I think he is totally sincere in all this? Nah…. But again, out of all the PW stuff we have seen happen on AO, as well as threads dedicated to Fan Clubs, thanking people for one thing or another, and similar stuff, this one took some real creativity. It almost reminded me of a Saturday Night Live sketch or something. LOL

It is also WAY better than all the Pie threads, and silly polls….. and sure beats the heck out of “Shartley is the Devil” threads. ;)

Now….. FalconGuy01….. (thumping him in the head with a trout). ;)

You do have a point Sam, but this thread is different from those. Sure they've served their usefulness and are pointless now. This one however has no purpose, nor a reason to be, in the Friendly section.

Another thing, maybe it's just me, but going by what else I'veseen him post, I think you're looking too deep into this. I don't think he's being clever, but just pw'ing.

FalconGuy016
12-09-2002, 09:12 PM
I actually was trying to be clever :(

if you want some honest truth I dont care about my post count that much... if you put it to 0 I would complain and complain but I wouldnt care

spazzed
12-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Uhhh... complaint is a reaction to not having something you care about.

If not, then why would you complain? :rolleyes:

shartley
12-09-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by spazzed
You do have a point Sam, but this thread is different from those. Sure they've served their usefulness and are pointless now. This one however has no purpose, nor a reason to be, in the Friendly section.

Another thing, maybe it's just me, but going by what else I'veseen him post, I think you're looking too deep into this. I don't think he's being clever, but just pw'ing.
This may be true.... but like I said, I am sick (ill... not feeling well... crapped out... feel like poopoo... etc.), and it made me smile. Heck it could have been ANYONE who posted it.

By the way, what "purpose" did Pie Polls or threads serve? And if you look in the Paintball Talk forum, there are more than a few threads that not only don't serve any purpose, but don't even belong there at all.... heck one titled "Goodbye" is only about a couple members going on a cruise.

And if a thread is about "off topic" stuff, of course it belongs in Friendly Corner. That is what this forum was made for. ;) Look around at a good majority of the threads here.

You know me.... hold everyone to the same standards (heaven knows I am held to higher standards than almost any, if not any other, memember here on AO), no matter who they are. Yes, he is a PW, that much is a given... but does he deserve to be kicked around any more than anyone else making stupid threads or posts? No.

It made me smile when I really needed to, so I guess in some way it DID serve a purpose after all, even if he didn't know it. Can we just let this drop?

Riotz
12-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Do you two need a room? :o :D

shartley
12-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
Do you two need a room? :o :D
LOL NO! I do need my bed though. I hate being sick.

FalconGuy016
12-09-2002, 09:33 PM
I just got done being sick :( a whole week, I missed the whole week of school too. Im "starting" my makeup work right now... sigh, I hate missing school

spazzed
12-09-2002, 09:37 PM

This may be true.... but like I said, I am sick (ill... not feeling well... crapped out... feel like poopoo... etc.), and it made me smile. Heck it could have been ANYONE who posted it.

By the way, what "purpose" did Pie Polls or threads serve? And if you look in the Paintball Talk forum, there are more than a few threads that not only don't serve any purpose, but don't even belong there at all.... heck one titled "Goodbye" is only about a couple members going on a cruise.

And if a thread is about "off topic" stuff, of course it belongs in Friendly Corner. That is what this forum was made for. ;) Look around at a good majority of the threads here.

You know me.... hold everyone to the same standards (heaven knows I am held to higher standards than almost any, if not any other, memember here on AO), no matter who they are. Yes, he is a PW, that much is a given... but does he deserve to be kicked around any more than anyone else making stupid threads or posts? No.

It made me smile when I really needed to, so I guess in some way it DID serve a purpose after all, even if he didn't know it. Can we just let this drop?

Agreed Sam. This is one of those things that could go on forever. ;)

oldsoldier
12-10-2002, 02:07 AM
Also, to add to Sam, by everyone posting here that he is a PW, repeatedly, well, what does that make you? Or me? See the point? I dont care. Post about your mothers failed hair color attempt. It really doesnt matter. As I tried to point out before, PW all you want. If a high number means that much to you, you are a shallow person who spends WAY too much time in front of your PC. Out.

FooTemps
12-10-2002, 03:13 AM
just wondering but... do you remember when I was a postwhore?

Riotz
12-10-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
just wondering but... do you remember when I was a postwhore? The better question is: Do we remember when you "weren't" one? haha. I'm just playing. :D :p :)

FESTUS33
12-10-2002, 04:26 AM
I hate to say it PW or not,
it's a pretty nice way to
acknowledge somebody helping
you out.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Festus

bornl33t
12-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Ok, so guys help me out here please.

SO he's a pw? we have had these in the past and will have them in the future.

BUT why do you care spazzed? What's it to you? are you getting jealous? I mean for heavens sake, complain about the guy that's right now standing in you're front lawn ( me ) peeing on you're flowers. But this is kinda lame to complain about

AND ya know what's worse then a pw? A complainer and/or a nark.

ANYWAY I don't know the story behing that silly little flash, but I though it was kinda cool.

AND I wouldn't mind to have one of those :D ( hint: if he's making flash thingies, he's not pw'ing right?? )

BESIDES how to do get rid of something anying ? Ignor it and it will go away....

All in all I've yet to see anything that falcon has done to deserve a ban. I mean there are 20 threads a day in the friendlies at get activity during the day and I open what? 4 of those, bases on the title? the rest of that to me is pw'ing. But who knows maybe someone else thinks it's interesting right?

Right...soo umm... yeah PIE is gooooooooOOOOooOoooOOoooOoOoOoOooooOOOOoOoOoooOOOo OOOOOOoOd :D

Clare
12-10-2002, 07:15 AM
AND I wouldn't mind to have one of those

..and I worked so hard on it too! :D :p

http://heat.youaremyfriend.com/

Mango
12-10-2002, 09:09 AM
BWAHAHAHAH!!!! You guys are nuts! LOL

FalconGuy I gotta give you credit, this one made me laugh, I think it's just because of the music but it was so random too! :D

MagDog68
12-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Oh….. and the others are also correct… high post count does not gain folks respect on AO. It is high quality content that does.

A good catch phrase or sig helps too...

ENDO

~Fred

PS - Is he touting shartley or himself is the question? This should have been PMed.

spazzed
12-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Heat
Ok, so guys help me out here please.

SO he's a pw? we have had these in the past and will have them in the future.

BUT why do you care spazzed? What's it to you? are you getting jealous? I mean for heavens sake, complain about the guy that's right now standing in you're front lawn ( me ) peeing on you're flowers. But this is kinda lame to complain about

AND ya know what's worse then a pw? A complainer and/or a nark.

ANYWAY I don't know the story behing that silly little flash, but I though it was kinda cool.

AND I wouldn't mind to have one of those :D ( hint: if he's making flash thingies, he's not pw'ing right?? )

BESIDES how to do get rid of something anying ? Ignor it and it will go away....

All in all I've yet to see anything that falcon has done to deserve a ban. I mean there are 20 threads a day in the friendlies at get activity during the day and I open what? 4 of those, bases on the title? the rest of that to me is pw'ing. But who knows maybe someone else thinks it's interesting right?

Right...soo umm... yeah PIE is gooooooooOOOOooOoooOOoooOoOoOoOooooOOOOoOoOoooOOOo OOOOOOoOd :D

Since I first woke up, this is very likely to be a bunch of gibberish....

Post whoring is a "fact of life" here on AO. THat's all fine and good, no big deal... The thing that bothers me about him, is when he doesn't try & disguise what he's doing, like most other people... Such as the "Wut setup is this" thread... All he said was something to the effect of "It looks like the air goes into the box and does something" WELL NOT CRAP CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!! A trained monkey could see that...

No, I'm not jealous. Like I said before, what he should have done was send that to Shartley in pm...

<---is tired and groggy.

FatMan
12-10-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm a PW, he's a PW, she's a PW, wouldn't you like to be a PW too?

IIII Liiiiike Piiiiie!

woooooooohooooooo!

FatMan

Cliffio
12-10-2002, 12:15 PM
lol i thought it was pretty funny, yeah hes a pw, but you gotta admit, if you hated or someone flames you, thats a funny link to send them

lol

good call falcon

Cliff

ps- you still spam too much

BTAutoMag
12-10-2002, 01:09 PM
it's very funny but i entirely agree with it:D

my side hurts

cphilip
12-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Falcon you will be the death of me yet... :rolleyes:

bornl33t
12-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

..and I worked so hard on it too! :D :p

http://heat.youaremyfriend.com/

BHwaaahahahahahah, lol I figured someone would do that just to be funny... LOL thx for that:D

Jonno06
12-10-2002, 05:11 PM
lol,you are ALL postwhores..and wait..who cares?

oh yea..thats right...no one..

and yes,im a PW,AND..i dont care...

communist...

Vegeta
12-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Well I do classfify this as post-whore-ism.. but it had style. And nice flash effects too.

AlabamaMan
12-10-2002, 10:48 PM
i don't know about everyone else but that sure brought a tear to my eye.

ChucktheMAGician
12-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Can anyone ride the PW train, or do I need a ticket?!:D

Cope
12-10-2002, 11:05 PM
LOL,that was so sarchastic and sardonic that I have to love it.
Falconguy,you cracked me up!
So did the replay for Heat.
Sometimes ya just gotta laugh at something that drips so much sarchasm,and someone that can implant their tongue so firmly in their cheek.:D

The Frymarker
12-11-2002, 08:56 AM
well to be honest I thought it was funny as well, I guess we all have to have a goal for something?

Shartley you are just so popular;)

Get well soon.

shartley
12-11-2002, 08:59 AM
Thanks Heather. I am feeling MUCH better now. :)

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-12-2002, 04:28 AM
Oh….. and the others are also correct… high post count does not gain folks respect on AO.

This from the guy with close to 6000 posts:)

bornl33t
12-12-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L

This from the guy with close to 6000 posts:)

But 6000 posts doesn't mean he's post whoreing... shartly as any observant forum visitor can tell just spends too much time on AO, but his posts are FAR from the simple " I agree" or " yes " or any of those other lame examples i could produce. That and he's been here a while dispite what his registration date says.

What was it Sam? about the same time I re-registered to AO after the buy out?

shartley
12-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Heat
What was it Sam? about the same time I re-registered to AO after the buy out?
I have been around since then, but I don't think I registered until a little bit after that... but yes, I have been around for a bit. ;)

And you are correct about me not being a PW. I was correct that high post count in itself does not gain folks respect, but that does not mean high post count indicates PWing either. But I think TheBigRaguPB4L was just messing with me. :D

dansim
12-12-2002, 07:50 AM
just poppin in to say ello, now good bye:eek:

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-12-2002, 02:23 PM

But I think TheBigRaguPB4L was just messing with me. :D

Yes.........yes..........I do believe that is correct.

MantisMag
12-12-2002, 06:02 PM
haha. i've been avoiding this thread just cause falconguy started it. looks like i missed out on something.

this one's for sprayingmango. even though he's a punk for never showing up. :p http://john.youaremyfriend.com/

no hard feelings dude. just learn to use a frickin phone. :)