PDA

View Full Version : not too happy with the lvl 10.

flatacid
12-09-2002, 09:17 PM
i setup someone elses gun with lvl 10. it was a classic valve. the setup was:
middle spring, #2 carrier, and 2 shims

on my rtp, its not as nice.:
smallest spring, #1.5, and 2 shims.

i did have the middle spring on there, but i would have the problem of i would have to pull the trigger about 4 times before it would actually fire. after it fired, it would work fine. just when it sit's for awhile. and i did have the #2 carrier in there, but if i held the trigger, it would leak for 2-3sec.

should i just leave the setup as is? its super consistent now. i mean i would have 100% confidence in my marker now. but its not very soft. im sure it will stop on a pball. or should i just start over? try the other oring that i haven't broken in?

flatacid
12-09-2002, 10:11 PM
anyone feel free to jump in with suggestions. its much appreciated.

ChucktheMAGician
12-09-2002, 10:22 PM
I'd stick w/ the setup you have if you feel it is reliable. Nothings worse than getting to the field and having something go wrong because you decided to change it the night before. You said that it was super consistant now, so I vote, stick w/ what you got 'til somethin' goes wrong!

toymyster
12-09-2002, 11:06 PM
Did you try a larger carrier with the middle spring??

flatacid
12-10-2002, 01:17 AM
when i had the middle spring, i was using the #2 carrier. since it would leak, and i had first shot problems, i went to #1.5. i would still have first shot problems, so i went to small spring.

i think tomorrow i might just try a new oring, and start over. i have untill thursday to get it better.

grw4w34
12-10-2002, 08:00 PM
i was the guy using the gun( me and kev work at the same field) and i would ahve to pull the trigger 5 times t get it to shoot once.... i think its becasue we lowered the velocity ebcasue it worked fine before we turned it under 300fps:)

IcantBelieveit
12-11-2002, 09:53 AM
some people have to cut links off of the springs to get them to work good. especially with the longest spring. don't ask me how many to cut off. b/c i don't know

BajaBoy
12-11-2002, 10:39 AM
i had the same prob as you a wile back then havoconline helped me out (sry if i spelt it wrong)

what u can do, if u want to use a med spring.

-cair that bairly leaks
-grease/thick oil (to the cair)
-800+ going into the gun
-raise the fps to 285+
-shims.. what ever u want

i had that setup with a revvy/lowrise

i have now pf and halob so i wanted a lil more reactive

my set up

1.5 cair
small spring
3shims
920 input
oil. (i might drop the velocity to 890 bc runaway)

flatacid
12-11-2002, 08:42 PM
well. i messed with it alittle bit. i did use the small spring cause it was too stiff with the middle spring. so, i did the above mentioned. i cut about alittle more than half a coil off the middle spring. i can't leave the marker gassed up over night, or else i'll have bolt stick, but i know i can go a day without having to worry about it.

thanks for all the input.

sidenote-anyone notice that the lvl 10 uses alot of oil? it started to leak yesterday after about 5k of dry firing. so i oiled both carrier orings, and the pt tip oring. stopped it completely.

Schnitzel
12-12-2002, 06:41 PM
yes, it can require a lot of oil. in some cases a lot of oil can be good, for awhile. soon the oil moves off the bolt piston, and then it can actually cause bolt-stick.

thats why some people have leak problems, because they use a lot of oil, get it all set up, and then after awhile it gets inconsistent and people get mad.

*it happened to me.*

IcantBelieveit
12-12-2002, 07:06 PM
soo maybe like every few games take it and lube it up?

Havoc_online
12-12-2002, 07:12 PM
sidenote-anyone notice that the lvl 10 uses alot of oil? it started to leak yesterday after about 5k of dry firing. so i oiled both carrier orings, and the pt tip oring. stopped it completely.
yes, it can require a lot of oil. in some cases a lot of oil can be good, for awhile. soon the oil moves off the bolt piston, and then it can actually cause bolt-stick.
thats why some people have leak problems, because they use a lot of oil, get it all set up, and then after awhile it gets inconsistent and people get mad. If your getting a leak due to a loose carrier a little oil will do the trick but will lead to inconsistent velocities and the need to be constantly oil'd(false sense of friction) to stay working properly.

What you want to do is just not oil the carrier o'ring directly(except the black one) and if you get a leak, move down a carrier.

flatacid
12-12-2002, 08:29 PM
ok kool. thanks everyone.