PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve question (i know your sick of it)

Brak
12-09-2002, 09:38 PM
I have an original RT with the banjo bolt. Is it possible to use that for a trade-in program for the X-valve?
also, if i can do that, will it be able to fit my RT body and body rail? and would my banjo bolt still fit, or will I have to get a spare field-strip screw (will that screw fit into my bajo bolt's space?), or grind my banjo bolt down?

yeahthatsme
12-09-2002, 10:26 PM
ummm, i would suggest calling agd.....

a_malfunction
12-09-2002, 11:55 PM
The new X-valve will not work on an old-school RT.... The air input and outer-diameters are totally different.

Aliens-8-MyDad
12-10-2002, 08:25 AM
but i think you could just get a hack saw cut the back body to look like a normal mag, use banjo bolt but have the input go to the side of the rail and then into the foregrip. this would make your set up lighter too (not to mention unique) becasue you are losing some of that heavy stainless steal.

BlackVCG
12-10-2002, 01:22 PM
It won't work at all. The only way you could get it to work is if you cut down your mainbody so it was the same length in the back as an E-Mag/RTP mainbody. Then, put a spacer in the hole for the banjo bolt and used a regular field strip screw and the X-Valve. Then you'd remove the hardline and run the air into the side of the valve.

manike
12-10-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
It won't work at all.

oh?

Originally posted by BlackVCG
The only way you could get it to work is if you cut down your mainbody so it was the same length in the back as an E-Mag/RTP mainbody. Then, put a spacer in the hole for the banjo bolt and used a regular field strip screw and the X-Valve. Then you'd remove the hardline and run the air into the side of the valve.

So it would work then ;)

This is actually exactly what I am thinking about doing with my spare RT parts...

manike