PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Nemesis

slateman
12-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only person who wants to see this movie. There has to be somebody that at least knows it exists (Of course if all the advertise it on is UPN...)

shartley
12-10-2002, 12:08 PM
I am with you... :D

Dayspring
12-10-2002, 12:54 PM
Ditto. I'll probably see it this weekend as well.

Army
12-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Can't wait to see it. Good or bad, the entire movie series has been a great story.

Vendetta
12-10-2002, 01:05 PM
I'll see it, but I'm not that excited. Now The Two Towers is another story. I can't wait.

AutomagRT1483
12-10-2002, 01:16 PM
Im going on Friday to see it. Then on Wednesday I'm going to see the Two Towers. I can't wait to see both of them!:D

Strider
12-10-2002, 01:16 PM
I'll be there. I've been watching it's progress for over a year. :)

What a season... Potter, Bond, Trek and Rings! I doubt I'll ever see more of my favorite franchises clump together like this ever again...

I think I'll be broke soon. :D

Creative Mayhem
12-10-2002, 02:03 PM
I AM SOOO THERE!!!! :D No question at all...

C Mayhem

Load SM5
12-10-2002, 06:43 PM
I'll be seeing it. It looks like they tear up another ship from the previews I've seen. Those guys are rough on those things. Maybe if they had to pay for them, they'd be more careful.

Archangel Damien
12-10-2002, 06:46 PM
star wreck might not be to bad

aaron_mag
12-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Star Trek Next Generation the series bores me....

Now put Picard in a movie and that is something! Suddenly he is the man of action rather than inaction!

I'll see it.....

Sinistarr
12-10-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm there! Gotta see the new movie. Maybe I'll even take the family...

G

pbzmag
12-11-2002, 12:28 AM
I'm going to the SoCal Meet this friday and ST Nemesis opens this week! Maybe some of us can all go watch it after the meet.

pbzmag

joeyjoe367
12-11-2002, 04:40 AM
Hey, it's an Even-Numbered Star Trek movie, it'll be great!

hitech
12-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
Now put Picard in a movie and that is something! Suddenly he is the man of action rather than inaction!

I found that interesting also. Did it bother anyone else that they never explained how they got back to the present?

I'll be watching it next week.! :D

slateman
12-11-2002, 07:09 PM
All right!!!! I'm not alone:D :D :D

Now too make myself a loser...

hitech: You're talking about First Contact (The one where Picard grows himself a pair of balls and fights the Borg).

They do infact give the explanation (yes that is spelled right) right at the end. The basically use the deflector dish to recreat the Temporal Vortex. It isn't shown, but someone mentions soing it.

Yea... I am a trekkie

aaron_mag
12-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by slateman
hitech: You're talking about First Contact (The one where Picard grows himself a pair of balls and fights the Borg).

Yeah that was the one! That was a pretty good movie. It made me realize that the reason I didn't like Picard versus Kirk was not because the actor (can't remember his name at the moment) but because they didn't give the guy some scripts he could work with. He was awesome in that movie...

hitech
12-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by slateman
They do infact give the explanation (yes that is spelled right) right at the end. The basically use the deflector dish to recreat the Temporal Vortex. It isn't shown, but someone mentions soing it.

Considering how BIG a deal that is, that is not NEAR enough of an explanation, IMO. :D

Yeah, I'm a trekkie too.

slateman
12-12-2002, 10:55 AM
Well lets get real. Paramount will let anyone go back in time these days:D It's not even that hard. Just fly around the sun, or use the deflector and open up temporal vortex, or create a rift in the space-time continuum, or even just make contact with some one from the 29th century and have them send you back:D
What amazes me is that no one tells their ancestors to invest in Intel and Microsoft.

The point is, that its' just become too easy to travel back in time in the Star Trek world. They don't need to show how its done, only that its been done.

One other thing: How come no one ever goes forward in time?