PDA

View Full Version : LOL, Angels on the decline.....

Termite
12-10-2002, 12:06 PM
I was at the field the other day with like 20 newer players with 100 to 200 dollar guns. All of them were talking about guns they wanted and not even one of them mentioned an Angel. Now they are good guns and I have owned two of them, however I do think they have been over-rated/priced. It is nice to see other manufactures getting a piece of the pie:D

Termite

Cliffio
12-10-2002, 12:25 PM
anyways, newbies are all about hype and marketing, you can sell them a rock if you put the right amount of stickers on it, they look at all that new evil crap and think its something different than regular PMI stuff, the same way they will trash BE but wear JT jerseys and pants and masks, and use VL hoppers. look at the impulse, its soared in popularity, why? well they shoot ok and cost less, same reason the bushy was popluar a few years ago, it happens

but yes i agree the angel has maybe fallen from grace a little, with the new impulses, intimidators, aluminum body emags, and the gobs of electro cockers it makes sence that the angel would loose a little ground, will they be replaced by all the pros? no WDP wont let that happen but will pros choose it over an angel? depends on what company "X" will give them

cliff

Termite
12-10-2002, 12:45 PM
Cliffio,

Yep, I would tend to agree. However I think the biggest issue localy is that a lot of Angels were around last year but now only a handfull of ppl are using them. I myself have a Viking and I like it better than my Angels (not that everyone does) And I would definetly be shooting an Angel if I were sponsored by WDP (like I said I do like them).
On the other hand it is not all hype, there are guns out now that are just as good as the Angel and for one reason or another appeal to different ppl. When the Angel first came out, it realy was the only one in it's class.

Termite

rdb123
12-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah.... the only thing I'd say that an Angel IR3 has over an X-Mag/SFL Emag is that nifty little LCD screen! :p

-Ron

Cliffio
12-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
Yeah.... the only thing I'd say that an Angel IR3 has over an X-Mag/SFL Emag is that nifty little LCD screen! :p

-Ron

:rolleyes:

CRog075
12-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeah but still, alot of newbies still think angels are the best guns. They may not be as popular, but they are still one of the best guns.

CRog075
12-10-2002, 05:14 PM

-Ron

I dont see alot of people at fields saying they want an emag or xmag, nor do I see tourny players using them

Cliffio
12-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CRog075
Yeah but still, alot of newbies still think angels are the best guns. They may not be as popular, but they are still one of the best guns.

well said:)

i agree

anyways, termite a friend just got a viking and i love the thing, im buying one. they are hella sweet but i still love my angel

CRog075
12-10-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Cliffio

well said:)

i agree

anyways, termite a friend just got a viking and i love the thing, im buying one. they are hella sweet but i still love my angel

Thanks ;)

I agree on that though. Aklump (i think thats the company) who makes Vikings and Excals are sooo under-rated. In my preference, I think angels and Aklump guns are the best. I would prolly choose a Excal over a angel (not an Ir3 though) but at fields, most people dont know what a excal or viking is nor made by, so they picture you as a n00b with a POS gun. Yes, I am a guy who likes to have a good image with a good gun, but still, with a Aklump gun, I think I would still probablly pick a excal or viking over any LCD. I wouldnt care what people thought, cause they would be off the field as my aklump owned them :)

rdb123
12-10-2002, 05:23 PM

I dont see alot of people at fields saying they want an emag or xmag, nor do I see tourny players using them

Hmmm, well that's true though; most people I know that own/have owned an Emag want to sell them.... because "[the Emag] shoots too fast."

Ironic eh?

-Ron

AcemanPB
12-10-2002, 05:30 PM
Yeah why would you want an Angel they hurt more when you get shot by them :rolleyes: - I've heard this one alot.

There is only a handfull of Angels at my field, and 2 IR3's (I've shot both Ir3's liked them ALOT) However I would say the majority of the "high-end" guns out there are Imps, alot of visions an AI and a couple of nastys. The only reason more people aren't shooting angels is because now you have guns the offer near simmilar performance at lower prices. I wouldn't be surprised if WDP came out with an "economical" angel within the next couple of years. Like ICD did with the BKO

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-10-2002, 05:46 PM
the gobs of electro cockers

cliff

I hate that...I seriously think cockers were jsut not meant to be electros.

rdb123
12-10-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]

I hate that...I seriously think cockers were jsut not meant to be electros.

Hmmm, what I'm wondering is why at local tournaments do kids think a standard cocker has the edge over an E-Mag?

-Ron

Xerces
12-10-2002, 05:58 PM
when i first started playing i thought angels were the best as well, but then i decided to actually do research instead of just assuming evrything the proshop owner said was true =)

CRog075
12-10-2002, 05:59 PM

Hmmm, well that's true though; most people I know that own/have owned an Emag want to sell them.... because "[the Emag] shoots too fast."

Ironic eh?

-Ron

Most. Retarded. Reply. Ever.

Dubstar112
12-10-2002, 06:07 PM
anyways, newbies are all about hype and marketing, you can sell them a rock if you put the right amount of stickers on it, they look at all that new evil crap and think its something different than regular PMI stuff, the same way they will trash BE but wear JT jerseys and pants and masks, and use VL hoppers. look at the impulse, its soared in popularity, why? well they shoot ok and cost less, same reason the bushy was popluar a few years ago, it happens

but yes i agree the angel has maybe fallen from grace a little, with the new impulses, intimidators, aluminum body emags, and the gobs of electro cockers it makes sence that the angel would loose a little ground, will they be replaced by all the pros? no WDP wont let that happen but will pros choose it over an angel? depends on what company "X" will give them

cliff

I couldnt agree more. For some reason reading your posts makes me want to buy an Angel. I never thought I would say that.. you seem to give the facts with an open mind.:D

blnk162
12-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Keep in mind Angel lcds have a big brother the ir3.......

Cliffio
12-10-2002, 07:38 PM
Aklump

AKA Formerly AKALMP
:)

Originally posted by AcemanPB
The only reason more people aren't shooting angels is because now you have guns the offer near simmilar performance at lower prices.

yes your right, i think that alot of people Aim for an angel and then settle for something cheaper, it may not be the truth, but oh well.

is the angel the standard?
i think so, and i think that most guns you hear are compared to angels.
so i think that makes them the standard in paintball, not that you were arguing with me, i just thought of that:)

Originally posted by Dubstar112
you seem to give the facts with an open mind.:D

rdb123
12-10-2002, 07:40 PM

Most. Retarded. Reply. Ever.

You mean my post or the peoples' replies when I ask them why they are selling their Emag?

-Ron

CRog075
12-10-2002, 11:09 PM

You mean my post or the peoples' replies when I ask them why they are selling their Emag?

-Ron

Oh well, I will let the number of angels used in tournys compared to *snicker* an emag *snicker* talk to it self.

Rooster
12-10-2002, 11:35 PM
You mean a gun thats been in production for three times longer than another gun has more of a market share? Imagine that.

demonguy8
12-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Rooster
You mean a gun thats been in production for three times longer than another gun has more of a market share? Imagine that.
he's also not taking into consideration that WDP sponsers many teams while AGD only sponsors a few..Nor is he thinking about the fact that the major cometitors to the angel have only now just started really making theyre presence felt (i mean cmon a few years ago it was angel shocker or bushmaster as the electro choices)(*on a side note i cant for the life of me figure out why bushies arent more prevalent*).. OR maybe the fact that emags are ugly :eek: well you have to admit that they all prettymuch look the same... While angels come in more varieties than chocolate... (mmmmm chocolate.... *drools on keyboaord)
and lets not forget the number one reason angels are more popular in tournies :confused:

...ANGELHEAVEN!!! :rolleyes:

rx2
12-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Haven't I read this before?
A vision of a dog chasing its tail comes to mind (although a dog could actually catch its tail).
;)

Timmee
12-11-2002, 12:15 AM
Well, before I started having vehicle issues, I was trying to buy an Angel LCD from a friend of mine. Instead, I ended up with a great deal on a Tribal (now, if it would only get here, I'll be doing great).

paintposse
12-11-2002, 12:22 AM
i hate when all the freinds think they know so much but they dont know crap. One kid bought a Dark Angel and all the kids wit spyders are like tellin me and i say "so?" Then they said dude its a dark angel!! Im like do i care? The only difference between a dark angel and a regular one is the milling. I didnt spoil it for them to. I like mags over any gun.. It was my first gun and it will be my last. Almost got a impy but didnt and now gonna get a pgp. I will always own one. Also i think lots of guy with angels are too cocky. All the guys that cus and flip off the person that shot them mostly have angels. And like a few guys have mags at my feild. one time we had a senario game and a bunch of guys had mag so we did like a 5v5 with all mags. It was sweet. NOt saying all guy with angel are donkeys but some are. Newbie are prone to propaganda and believe it.. Like what the nazi's did. Threw fliers saying that jews were bad so everyone believed that. If my freinds read a magazine areticale that said brass eagle talons were the best they would believe them. In a 888 magazine they have a "pro markers" section and my freind was going to buy a mayham and it was in that section and he said it was a marker a pro would use. Well aanyways i was boared so i wrote a lot.

Brian68mag
12-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Angels are great markers, i almost traded my emag for a dark 2001 lcd when i won it.
The reason they are not as popular is because people are really going to upgraded mid end electro's because they really perform quite similer.
It is much easier for alot of people to fork out 500 dollars for a imp/vision and then buy 200 dollars of upgrades over a few months then it is for someone to fork out 1000 at one time.
Thats what i think it is, and if i ever got rid of my emag i would get a angel.

Cliffio
12-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by paintposse
All the guys that cus and flip off the person that shot them mostly have angels.

first of all how can they be all and mostly?

so does this mean that all blacks are in gangs and are criminals? or that all middle easterners are terrorists?

thats an unfair statment

Cliff

EDIT- lets not turn this into a emag vs. angel thread

Ov3rmind
12-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Despite the fact that there are lower cost guns now that come with arguabley more advantages, for me, there's still no electro (except maybe the E-Mag) that feels near as solid, well built, and refined as the Angel. I prefer the Angel over most other electros simply because of the fact that itfeels nicer than just about everything else available out there. Honestly, I can't give another reason, because there are plenty of guns now that are fast/faster, less prone to chops, just as compact, and more efficient.

Me
12-11-2002, 05:59 PM
there are now more markers in the 1k range. timmah's emags excals electro cockers...ect.
the reason I like the angel is reliablity, which is unmatched by any of the others in that group.

Bront
12-11-2002, 07:27 PM
What I find interesting is that the new batch of players who use the lower cost markers such as Impys instead of Angels site reliability as an issue of Angels.

"Yeah, I got my Impulse instead becuase Angels are unreliable and can rarely make it through a game"

I've heard that so many times, and I know that's not true. Everone I've met that actualy owns an Angel loves them. They may like other markers more, but they have very little to say bad about them. And Reliability is usually one of the things they like about them.

As has been stated before, far to many players don't do research on markers, and instead go by what they "hear" on the forums, and if they "hear" something that was passed on from someone else who "heard" it from somewhere else, you get these wonderful rumors started and a marker builds a reputation. You'll find that if you do your research, may of the "Hyped" products aren't that much better than any other product, and often aren't as good as a product that isn't that hyped.

rdb123
12-11-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Bront
.....You'll find that if you do your research, may of the "Hyped" products aren't that much better than any other product, and often aren't as good as a product that isn't that hyped.

I foresee that statement being wrong when the X-Mag becomes widely available. ;)

-Ron

Me
12-11-2002, 08:27 PM
I dont know about that. This place hypes up mags way to much. just like any angel OG would to an angel. all i read is mags dont break. well my friends mag and my rt always broke. it got anoying. so i got an angel, and all i've had to do so far is adj the ram. and my friend is selling his mag for a timmah.
so everything is hype.

rdb123
12-11-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Me
I dont know about that. This place hypes up mags way to much. just like any angel OG would to an angel. all i read is mags dont break. well my friends mag and my rt always broke. it got anoying. so i got an angel, and all i've had to do so far is adj the ram. and my friend is selling his mag for a timmah.
so everything is hype.

Sure. I agree that a lot of hype flows around. However, I don't think mags are perfect because when I had my RT Pro, it chopped a good amount -- even with the Level10 (might have been the hopper though).

I'm not denouncing Angels; I like how they are compact and they are reliable guns. It's just that I prefer having the E-Mag or X-Mag's backup mechanical mode just in case. That's all.

So what kind of Angel do you have? ;)

-Ron

Me
12-11-2002, 08:58 PM
ya, the back up manuel is a sweet idea.
I've got a 2k "plum" colored lcd. she's wicked ugly, but she preforms. I also like the ballence of guns like the angel and the emag. I couldnt get used to a stacked like an imp, timmy, or bush. just not ballenced well.

pb-afroman
12-11-2002, 09:10 PM
I own a bushy, and i have shot just about every "good" gun but a trix and an emag, and I can say that angels are amazing guns, especially the ir3. Next summer I am thinking about getting a new gun, possibly an ir3 or xmag. The only other option I have is dumping some money in my bushy and just upgrading it. I have also been seriously considering this. I guess what i am trying to say is that I am kinda like the people that you are talking about, upgrading a mid range gun instead of buying a high end. Despite knowing that my gun shoots almost exactly the same as a timmy or angel, there is still something that compels me to buy one...maybe its the hype? I dont know...

rdb123
12-11-2002, 09:23 PM
@pb-afroman, get the X-Mag! ;)

-Ron

Cliffio
12-11-2002, 09:25 PM
@pb-afroman, get the X-Mag! ;)

-Ron

Me
12-12-2002, 09:39 AM
this place is a mag cult! you guys know that right?

WhoDaresPlay
12-12-2002, 09:44 AM
One excellent selling point to the Angel over the Mag is the ability to get it and parts.

Of the 6 local stores in my area...

All 6 carry or can order IR3s.
Two of them are certified WDP centers.
All 6 carry Angel barrels.
4 of the 6 carry Angel accessories
3 of the 6 carry Angel accessories (extensively)

None of them carry Mags.
None of them are AGD certified centers.
One carries barrel nubbings.
None carry Mag barrels/accessories
Three are willing to even order.
Five are unwilling to assist with any technical workings of the marker.

Goldie D Pimp
12-12-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by WhoDaresPlay

I know which stores I'd give my business to then! :)

demonguy8
12-12-2002, 11:12 AM
I dont consider myself to be a memberof the afformentioned "mag cult" especially since im selling my Rtpro Package (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55546) to get money for a bushie (end shameless promotion of my stuff for sale ;) )

but if I were a store owner I sure as heck wouldnt stock mags either... They just dont make really make that much money. They dont really need or (let alone have)any upgrades cept for maybe a lvl10/ barrelkit compared to other markers (lets use the autococker since its the best counter-example) which have a a whole multitude of different things you can do them.Cockers are also not as newbie friendly as mags are with many things that newbie-x can tinker with and mess up so they bring it back to the store. Also bring into the fact that cockers can be more visually appealing stock, and the fact that there is alot of newbie hype about them being more accurate (damn you elves)which im causes newbie-x to go out and buy a stock cocker, then they can (and most likely will) go out and upgrade it as they can (which ends up costing 2x the amnt of buying an upgraded cocker stock).. this doesnt apply to just cockers either.. the angel has the same things going for it, so do spyders,tippmans, timmys, Matrices(think i spelled that right)..

-btw sorry for going soo far OT.. so I'LL steer things back in the right direction...

Am I the only one who thinks that the IR3s just dont have the same ferrari-like feel that the 2k1LCDs had?? That or the fact that while most guns go down in price with each generation the angel seems to jump up with each new version.. (cmon now cops cant be THAT expensive) just some food for thought...

JLove
12-12-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
The only reason more people aren't shooting angels is because now you have guns the offer near simmilar performance at lower prices. I wouldn't be surprised if WDP came out with an "economical" angel within the next couple of years. Like ICD did with the BKO

I agree. What about AGD coming out with a lower-end all aluminum semi that uses a solenoid to move the bolt? Like in the $450 range?

Termite
12-12-2002, 11:34 AM
LOL....You guys know I didn't say Angels were bad guns....Right? I just made and observation about the local decine in use. Entertaining to watch the battle though.;)

Termite

demonguy8
12-12-2002, 11:46 AM
personally Id rather discuss the effects of having two NPPLS and predictions for the next season..
but since theres no thread about that.. might as well talk about this :D

Me
12-12-2002, 11:48 AM
that would be sweet if WDP and adg came out with 450 range markers. I just dont think WDP would do it. they could be LED's with SOB's and change some other stuff to make it cheeper.

Shail
12-12-2002, 03:46 PM
I have heard every bit of talk about angels and why there better from lots of people, guys on my team, my brother and lots of newbies. And use to have a emag and know how sweet they are and have argued with lots of people why emags are just as good if not better then angels. And I sold it to get a ir3 because its supposed to be better, I figured I might as well try a angel for a while to back up my claims. And to tell you the truth Im still not that impressed with angels, in fact the main reason I got a ir3 was so I can trade for a xmag. Because in my opinion xmags are the best, and now im in the process of getting the rest of the cash i'll need for the xmag as well as selling my Ir3 to get one.

CRog075
12-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by WhoDaresPlay
One excellent selling point to the Angel over the Mag is the ability to get it and parts.

All 6 carry or can order IR3s.
Two of them are certified WDP centers.
All 6 carry Angel barrels.
4 of the 6 carry Angel accessories
3 of the 6 carry Angel accessories (extensively)

None of them carry Mags.
None of them are AGD certified centers.
One carries barrel nubbings.
None carry Mag barrels/accessories

Yeah I agree, most stores, even online stores dont sell alot of AGD stuff compared to other markers. Still, an X-mag may be as good as a Ir3, but alot of people, including me would choose an Ir3 over an x-mag.